Why Don't We Have A Hyrule Warriors Topic Yet?

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

Why Don't We Have A Hyrule Warriors Topic Yet?

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Hyrule Warriors. It's good. Like, I've played Dynasty Warriors since I discovered the glorious gem that was DW3 on a Blockbuster shelf back in like 2003ish (with all its terrible translations. "YUAN SHU! ...Youhavedeceivedme!" "GOOOOOO! YE CHILDREN OF THE YELLOW TURBAN"), and this is...This is definitely one of the best. Part of why Jess and I keep playing it instead of posting. > 3>;;;; SORRY.

Of course, part of that is the Zelda aspect of it.

And speaking of that aspect did anyone else notice how Darunia in this game is characterized as constantly attempting to kidnap Princess Ruto and take her back to his Goron cave to show her his premium sirloin cock granite shaft d as in dolomite look basically he wants to rail her against a Fire Temple wall. And he has to succeed in this in order for you to play as her. >_________> SO THERE'S THAT.

HOT GORON ON ZORA ACTION. >__________>

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Re: Why Don't We Have A Hyrule Warriors Topic Yet?

Postby MasterDJ » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:39 am

Yeah, not gonna lie, I spent the weekend with Mariah just steamrolling through the game. And now? I have to do it again because we did it on HER CONSOLE. Not mine. Ah well. I got LOTS of practice. >8D This'll be a breeze.

Couple things.

One, online multiplayer would have been nice, but fuuuuuuck couch co-op with the damn gamepad is boss. We did everything co-op and it is immensely fun yelling strategies in the same room. Link and Zelda VS Ganon is the only way an end boss fight should be. Also Fi VS. Ghirahim. And Midna VS. Zant. And... FUCK THIS GAME. 8D

Two, have you seen the Cia DLC trailer? 8D

Three..okay this is more than a couple but I don't care, I am at work right now. Time spent at work is time not spent playing Hyrule Warriors. I am honestly getting the shakes here.

...OK FOUR. TEMPLE OF SOULS HOLY FUCK CREEP MUCH CIA?

...FIVE. This has got to be by far the most characterization Link has ever gotten in a Zelda game. I loved how they did his character.

HYRULE WARRIORS AKA THE HERO OF SOULS AND HIS MANY BITCHES. BUY IT NOW. BUY A WII U AND BUY IT NOW.

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Answer: We Were All Too Busy Playing It.

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:36 pm

I used the Wiimote and Nunchuck combo for the Co-Op with Graham and that took some getting used to... to make it work for me. Also fiddled with button settings. >>

We actually had a lot of fun in Adventure Mode with Ganondorf and Trainee Link. XD; Though I did joke that it made me picture/think of Balin. >_>; <_<;

Oh! Speaking of Ganondorf~! In Japan, the Costumes for him came in the Deluxe Pack that was not available here in the US. Instead, however, it is available if you register it with Club Nintendo! Check it out. o 3o http://club2.nintendo.com/hyrule-promo/

And if you knew that/found out already, then yay. If not, there you are. Also, I recommend purchasing the Hero of Hyrule Pack DLC now. >> Or soonish. This, by the way, is what makes me feel that for the most part, Nintendo's doing DLC correctly. Nothing they sell as DLC feels like it's necessary for the game to feel finished, but it's fun to have; which is what I think the "extra content" should be. We did watch the Cia Trailer and that looks kinda badass, yes. 8D

Playing around as Dark Link (the free/bonus costume you get now for ordering) was amazingly hilarious. XD

But yeah, I really like how it all worked out. It felt like a Zelda Game with new mechanics and ideas and I honestly believe that's a good thing; it means they did a good job.

Also, yeah, Graham watched me beat Ganon. >_>; But he felt my pain when it came to his turn cause I got to yell "NOT THAT EASY EVEN KNOWING WHAT TO DO, IS IT." <_<;; lol

I do agree, I'd like to Online Co-Op with you guys. D: I know Jason was looking forward to that too.

Temple of Souls: AHAHAHAHAHA INORITE? That's Sorei's roo-- *BUS'D*

You're spot on about Link's Characterization, too. ^ 3^
---
EDIT: So I realized I have a favorite piece of BGM. >>; I'm wondering what everyone else likes the most. ^^;;

"Heart of the End" for me.

Though, I admit "Remnant of the Twilight" is pretty awesome, and tied with "Silent Guardians" >_>

Third Place would probably be "Eclipse of the Sun".

o 3o So... yeah, those'd be my top 3. ^^; Since second is tied. ><;

....For the record, though, "Under Siege" makes me think of Fullmetal Alchemist. > 3>;;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby MasterDJ » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:04 am

XD I love using Dark Link. Everything just looks so WRONG when he appears in cutscenes with those glowing red eyes.

Also unlocked Impa with the Naginata yesterday and RFOPIWHRFPWIRHPRHJOJ. The waifu. She is strong. Seriously, I'm starting to understand how Persona 4 fans get defensive over their girls of choice. Waifu of choice is a flat tie between Impa and Lana, but I have a bad feeling Cia is about to Rider Kick the contest.

....Lana, then. BECAUSE SHE HAS A RIDER KICK.

EDIT: If Sorei cosplays as Lana Balin will go berserk. XD

Balin: Y-You don't know that!!

>_> Then why have you been practicing using two big ass swords of darkness?

Balin: It..It's exercise! It works better than barbells!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure~

Balin: STOP SAYING IT LIKE THAT!!! >_<

I'm sure Soma can teach Sorei how to properly Rider Kick to, s- *DARKNESS OVERLOAD'D*

MasterDJ

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:16 am

Soooo in things that are filled with absolute irony, Jess and I have discovered that Ganondorf and Trainee Link are kind of a terrifying combo. We refer to them as the "Dream Team". >_> The theoretical backstory here is Ganondorf just decides fighting Hyrule is too much trouble and it'd be better to just ally with the royal family for conquest's sake. And maybe like...raise the next hero like a son or somethin'. >_____>

...Also, Lana w/Kokiri Spear + Agitha. Team Nature. Good Lord, they're devastating. You wouldn't think that a tiny girl with a bug obsession and a sorceress calling on tree powers would be a double threat, AND YET. They will beat the fuck out of you and giggle afterwards.

Finally, Darunia and Ruto--Team Fuckin' Time-- are pretty dangerous too. > 3>

...Midna doesn't really have a set team member, but she's one of my favorites. <_< We'll have to see if her and Zelda w/Wind Waker are Team Death Princesses.

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby MasterDJ » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:39 am

Oooooh. I never even thought to make names. Something to do after work. X3

Will also help while waiting in line. I'll be hitting the Smash 3DS midnight release event at my Gamestop.

MasterDJ

Postby Benjamin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Ah, yes. Smash Bros. 3DS. I will need to buy it when I get my paycheck this coming Tuesday.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:37 pm

I would have voted for "Team DPS", but that was always Shugo and Aku in WoW and it feels wrong to take it from them anyway. >_> (Hunter + Warlock = Both Pet Classes = 4 characters wrecking shit for quests. MAKE THE PETS TANK WHILE WE STAND AT A SAFE DISTANCE AND SHOOT THINGS. ...........actually that still sounds familiar. >_>; )

The fact that we cleared so much crap with A Rank just wrecking shit with Ganondorf and Trainee Link, I couldn't not agree that it was "Dream Team" XD All of his weapons too, I can't just say it was one of Link's weapons. >>; They were all killer when combined with Ganondorf's CRATER AND LIGHTNING.

....though Fire Dragon + Electrical Storm looks pretty wicked on screen. >>
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:21 pm

>______________> I has Hyrule Warriors. Can't say who is my fave yet BECAUSE I HAVEN'T UNLOCKED EVERYONE YET!!!

But I am at an impass. I like Shiek and I like Fi. Plus playing as Impa tis fun.
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:16 pm

To be fair, neither Graham nor I have unlocked Zant, but I helped him unlock Ghirahim last night. > 3> lol
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby MasterDJ » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:46 am

I wish I got Smash Bros. And played Hyrule Warriors. BUT MOTHER NATURE HAD A HISSY FIT AND MY ENTIRE CITY WAS WITHOUT POWER TIL LIKE FOUR THIS MORNING. >.O

MasterDJ

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:33 am

I'm just glad you got power back. D: I heard it was a really bad storm.

Glad to have you back on the net. @ 3@
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:23 pm

Rezzing this thread with the 3DS Release of Legends. >>

I got the Art Book. ("Character Book")

And I have comments. >_>

I forgot I'd have to start over and do the Legend Mode again on the 3DS. >>;; BUT! I used the code on the insert on the WiiU Version first. Because I have to catch 5 new characters up to The 100+ levels of certain other characters. >______>; *cough* Anyway. ^^;; As always, click for the bigger scan. >>

First! Linkle just is Sorei, holy shit. >___> (Except that I dunno if you could convince her caring for cuccos was a good idea... she's... naturally wary of chickens. >_>) Also, in-game, she uses items from Midna for her badges, I find that hilarious. XD Slightly troublesome, perhaps? But still hilarious.

I do want to comment on the design. I think I like what they went with for her final design. Some of those do look a bit too close to Princess Zelda's design and Linkle is supposed to be a separate character. o 3o That doesn't mean I don't like some of those designs, but they do make me think of a "combat-ready Princess" rather than a "female Hero".

She's a Fire-Type. She uses BOMBS. I mean. Dual-Crossbow, yes, but she FIRES BOMBS. THERE IS SO MUCH FIRE.

......I LOVE HER. >___>~ <3

"Aw, do you really think I'm amazing? Well, I won't argue with you! Hah!"

Skull Kid uses the Fairy Ocarina, Tatl, and Tael. >__> Also uses items from Wizzro for his badges and I really shouldn't be surprised. ^^; I'm kinda sad he got nothing in the Art Book, but... >>; Darkness-Type, as expected.

"Hee hee, there's no way to beat us!"

Toon Link, why do you need so much from Volga as well as Ganon? X_X Ahhhh! Too many Links! D8 Unsurprisingly, I need to go beat up Ganon like 50 times and raid his loot for all these Links. >_>; He is, of course, a Light-Type.

Also? Aryll speaks for him through the Pirate's Charm. XDD It's kind of adorable.

"Look out, everyone! My big brother's super strong! ^ o^"

Haha, Tetra uses shit from Lana for her badges. XD Also, Water-Type because Pirate LOL. >_>

"Normally I'd expect a reward for something like this, but this time, it's my treat. ;3"

King Regulus Daphnes Noinheim Hyrule! That smile is fantastic. XD Also swinging a sail... I just wonder what his rule was like and if he was considered "The Crazy King". You know, stories like, "He fights with a sail. Don't get me wrong, he's deadly with it, but... it's still a sail." >_> XD

What worries me about him is that he uses items from Ghirahim for his badges. >>;;; Naturally, he's a Water-Type. >_> BOAT. SURFING. SUNSHINE. I mean, he's kind of tricky. I feel like it's about the same level as Ruto. If you can get the combos going well, you're kinda dangerous, but (it feels like) you're super-easy to interrupt.

"This trial has ended. Perhaps it is time I sought a new one."
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sat May 18, 2019 4:44 pm

I decided to Re-Re-Rez this thread because Graham and I have been playing this on the Switch. We bought a Pro Controller so we could. XD Go go Tax Returns! lol

We've been just going at all the Maps trying to get the costumes and weapons.

Definitive Edition has everything the Wii U and 3DS versions had, and it seems like a bit more.

I like all the Adventure Mode Maps, the various costumes, even if they're silly as hell, and though I was kinda skeptical at first, the Fairy Magic is actually sorta OP, holy shit. lol

I have mostly kept Link and Zelda in their Breath of the Wild Costumes, but I did recently regain my Hilda outfit for Zelda and have been running around in that for a bit. XD Linkle's "Hilda-ish" outfit looks like Hilda and Ravio had a kid.

Fight me. D: lol

I also wanted to link the Spreadsheet I found on Reddit and have been using. It's for the Switch/Definitive Edition and it's been super helpful when I need to find where to get more Badge Materials (REDEAD KNIGHT ASHES. JFC.) or if there's a Costume I really wanna go after (I needed the Hilda Costume back for Zelda so bad. lol )

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =369816257
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Thu May 23, 2019 11:24 am

>__> Is there multiplayer since it is on the switch? If so. I know which game I am buying next.
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Thu May 23, 2019 12:00 pm

It's the same as it was on the Wii U. 2-player Co-Op. Have to be in the same room. No online Co-Op.

But technically multiplayer. lol
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Return to General Discussion