Evangelion 2.0: This Is (Not) Psychological Crap

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

Evangelion 2.0: This Is (Not) Psychological Crap

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:01 am

No, seriously, it's not. X_X I'll go into why later more when I'm more awake.

But, uh. Since we're all anime fans here. And since I'd think most of us have seen the original Evangelion, let me say that Rebuild of Evangelion is what Eva would've been if its creator had not been depressed, but had instead been marathoning Gurren Lagann and decided to do better than that.

Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone I think is already on DVD, and is fantastic in its own right. 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance just came out in Japan. Trailers can be found on YouTube.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mg3vqtnzzdd <-- If you, as I, cannot wait to see what's going on here, here is the last thirty minutes of Eva 2.0. They are more epic than anything. Shinji Ikari is thy new God.

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Re: Evangelion 2.0: This Is (Not) Psychological Crap

Postby Crescent » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:18 pm

*Cough* It's also what Eva would've been if it had a sequel >_>

Needs DVD already ;_; I'm already well aware of 2.0's events, but as desperate as I am, camrips don't do me much.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:46 pm

Pfah pfah sequel. It's not a sequel, Kaworu just got bored and hopped universes so he could stalk Shinji. You can tell, because Rebuild Shinji is a man's man. XD

Also, PIRATE ASUKA FTW. >_> Seriously, I love Shikinami Langley Asuka in a way I never did Soryu. Soryu always annoyed me...this Asuka, on the other hand, I want to hug just from reading the spoilers. Poor li'l tsundere. ;_;

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby MasterDJ » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:16 pm

Oh for the love of... you Evatards and your mommy complexing adolescent heroes.

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Postby Crescent » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:25 am

(I'm assuming anyone still reading at this point is well aware of MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW)

>_> Who says Pirate Asuka is Shinikami? *Cough* You don't get crushed in the jaws of Eva 01 and come out with only an eye injury. Maybe there's already Another Pirate Asuka? I'd put myself down for about 50/50 that Rebuild Pirate Asuka is Sohryu.

When it comes down to it, though, as sure as I'd like to say it's a sequel, Anno is a master troll. But at least you're not denying the Kaworu thing, since both movies so far have ended with him saying things that are incredibly suggestive to this not being their first rodeo.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:25 am

Shaddup, Cam, you loved that half-hour. Don't lie. XD

Aaaand Touji got hella crushed and ended up only losing a leg, dawg! Also being not too mad about it. Besides, this is NERV we're talking about, and it's already confirmed she got put in one of the magic "RESCUE" tanks. They rebuilt her, they have the technology. >_> (Booo Sohryu. Boo. Stay on BAD END Earth.)

I'm open to the idea that there could be sequel elements, but I think Anno's throwing references just to fuck with people's heads, and will explain it away with "lol Kaworu" and "lol Gendo is smart." XD

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Hunter » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:33 pm

meh. I tried watching the first EVA on Cartoon Network, about the only thing I liked was the opening music and Rei's blue hair. It was an ok series but not the total nerd-gasm fest people make it out to be. so I'm not sure about this 2.0
Hunter
BANNED

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:27 pm

I don't know how you didn't fucking love the Evangelions themselves. They kick the asses of every other mecha, ever.

Eva's problem was it could've been an action show with psychological/Kabbalah trappings, but then the director made it about his being depressed instead. Which was why after a certain amount of episodes it fucking sucked. I still have lukewarm feelings for it due to it being the first anime I ever watched, but I don't want to watch the series again. No thank you. Which is why I am so fucking happy that they've done what they did with 2.0, which was make it into...action movies with psychological/Kabbalah trappings. XD

Seriously, watch th' camrip, Erik. >_> You'll like it.

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Hunter » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:31 pm

oh the Eva's themselves yes, very cool.

The show was what I was talking about. That and the first time I heard about it, I was going through a very religious time in my life so the idea of them being called Angels (even if they weren't REALLY angels, etc) bothered me *shrug*
Hunter
BANNED

Postby Crescent » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:05 pm

*Kicks Graham* Bah, Anno's famous depression or not, you fail to appreciate the mood and atmosphere set as the series went on.

And I wouldn't count too much on the straight-action dynamic :P Two more movies, you know there's gonna be a psychological episode or massive mindfuck somewhere >_> Especially when shit really starts going down.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Hunter » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:11 pm

well, I watched the rip that Graham linked and though I shared my thoughts with him, I'll post it here

while it was nice to see Shinji finally grow a pair... I'm underwhelmed by this redux. The animation is nice yes, wonderful even. but with as much anime and super sentai as I've watched I don't know even a handful of japanese so I had no idea what was going on.

I was also turned off by the, what I thought, vastly mis-matched or dare I say vastly inappropriate slow, high pitched "girly" slow song for an otherwise epic scene. to me, music and animation has to synch SOMEWHAT... this scene, I felt, did not

Meh.
Hunter
BANNED

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:39 am

It was the togetherness/"you're the only you, Ayanami" music, damn it. It was touching. If inappropriate. Also, inappropriate music for Third Impact is kind of a requirement, or so EoE taught us.

And don't get me wrong, I liked the conspiracy aspects of old Eva, and the sort of edge-of-apocalypse tension that heightened how important these people should be to one another. What I hated was that nothing changed in anyone but Misato, and eventually the world fuckng died cause of that. That, and Rei II's death... Rrgh.

I think he's going to mindfuck us for sure. I just hope it's not sadistic.

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Crescent » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:19 am

>_> I did hear that both that and the Eva 03 scene used children singing. Not to compare to EoE's TUMBLING DOWN scene. But... I guess I shouldn't be quick to judge what I haven't even heard yet, since I'm a fan of Komm Susser Tod.

And to add yet again, musical divergence in lieu of an orchestration there also benefits the new direction, since IKARI SHINJI, TOTAL BADASS is something that shouldn't really be compared directly to Eva 01 taking over and eating Zeruel for dinner. Because goddamnit, it's pretty impossible to beat the level of epicness created by that moment in the original.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:49 am

I was incredibly happy they still used The Beast II. Though...I'm torn on which I like more. And it's more Ikari Shinji: Do Not Fuck With Mah Womens. XD

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:13 pm

I know this is kind of a dead topic, but I feel I have to say this.

Graham Swanson: You have a problem and you need therapy.

End Commentary. *runs off with Bishie Cookies*
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:52 am

OH LOOK WHO'S TALKING. >_>;;;; MISS "I HAVE A HAREM OF PRETTY MEN". And all the Sailor Moon ever. Shh!

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Hunter » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:47 pm

We ALL need therapy, I mean... look at what we do XD
We have THE longest running digimon RPG on the net that we know of and look at the digimon that populate it. We have problems, we are NERDS

me, personally, I embrace my nerdity... which is why I have the digimon I do~ *cough*
Hunter
BANNED

Postby Crescent » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:53 am

callsignhusker: 2.0 is so fucking cool though :O if you're going to rub it in anyone's face you should

As per orders XP

SO. AWESOME.

I'm double glad that I decided to more or less stay away from the camrip (having already known whatever spoilers), since I'm a lucky bastard and got to see it on the big screen (also 5-6 months before we get the DVD at this rate x_X ).

So, uh, nuh-hah-hah-hah-ha? </Cartman>
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Return to General Discussion