Streetpass Plaza

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

Streetpass Plaza

Postby MasterDJ » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:05 pm

So not long ago Nintendo released four new games for the 3DS Streetpass set, updating the look of the place for free but having the games for a price unlike the Puzzle updates and Find Mii II addition. The games are five bucks a pop but can be bought for 15 bucks if you just bundle purchase the entire lot. I was at first "meh" on the idea as the other games were free, but seeing how many passes I get at home, Walmart, the mall, staying with Mariah, and fuck even at WORK due to the kids hiding their 3DS on their persons and lockers, I figured I could give it a chance. Not to mention 30 bucks credit for registering Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei made them basically free.

My thoughts: .... well fuck... these are actually fun.

The reason behind the cost is because each game was developed by another studio. The games are Flower Town, Mii Force, Warrior's Way, and Monster Manor.

Flower Town
For those that have ever played Harvest Moon, this game is pretty much that but with only flowers. Your Mii is dropped into a town that thrives on flowers (no more weird than two towns that settle disputes with cooking contests), and you are welcomed by the surprisingly bishie Mr. Mendel. Flower Town can be slow but can be deep. Your task is simple, you just have to grow 20 unique flowers through Streetpass. The more people you hit, the faster the growing process, and best of all the other people need not have the game to get hits, you just reap all the rewards. On your quest to get 20 you have a shopping mall to buy more seeds, customizations in terms of pots and decor for your garden, and the ability to sell anything you grow or harvest. There's even a sidequest system to get more decor and seeds that you can't get through shopping. It's a bloody RPG and gardening simulator. X_X; It all works surprisingly well given the concept.

Mii Force
THIS game. Thiiiiis fucking game. Earth Defense Force and Galaga say "hello" in what looks like a homage to those aforementioned titles, Sentai, and Star Fox. You are the leader of the Mii Force (I'm basically the White Ranger given my palette choice), an elite group of pilots who must fight against the Skull Bone Gang and their incredibly phallic spaceship. Streetpass grants you recruits who can link up with your fighter to bolster its firepower and serve as shields. The levels are varied, there are a lot of collectibles, and it even has leader boards. Firing is a full 360 degrees which can be rotated using the shoulder buttons and each different color Mii has different abilities like beam saws and piercing lasers.

Warrior's Way
Another strong one, this game is all about the whimsy of WORLD DOMINATION. You use Streetpass to see other prospective world conquerors, and the game gives you the option of seeing them peacefully...or going into battle against them with both armies on the line. The story mode once you get past this is about dominating 20 countries and taking their soldiers and materials for yourself using a resource management game mixed with good ol' rock-paper-scissors. I love my samurai theme and wish I could wear it for the rest of my games, though if samurai is not your thing you have two other choices. Mariah for instance chose the medieval theme, and I've already faced an in-game warlord that uses futuristic design. All the time you are supported by your faithful butler... who is the one to push you to world domination in the first place.

Man, BATMAN doesn't get that much support from his own butler. When has Alfred ever jumped into the Batmobile, ya know?

Monster Manor
Another game with RPG elements, it mixes Ghostbusters and Luigi's Mansion with Tetris. Streetpass gives you pieces that fit onto a board, with the goal being to make full rounds about the floor so you can find the stairs and go up. Matching colors in square formation create rooms that have treasure chests, and at any time putting a piece down brings you a random encounter with a ghost. Battles are action RPG in style with no waiting for turns beyond making sure your pack has the battery power to defend or blast your enemy. You can level up, change out weaponry, carry potions, upgrade your survival chances through heart tanks, and generally have a good ol' RPG time.

The best part is that from Find Mii II comes the ability to hire anyone from your plaza and random NPCs to bolster your chances. Each allows for up to ten units. Each time you complete a segment like a floor, win a massive battle, or grow a plant etc, you get a plaza coupon which is the new way to get hats for your Mii.

Mii Force, Warrior's Way, and Monster Manor are definitely action games and fun as hell to play, though Flower Town has a calming charm that belies the sinister play at your inner OCD like Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing. If you have a 3DS, I suggest getting the bundle and keeping Streetpass on at all times. For 15 bucks, it's a clever and varied distraction.

That said, Graham, change your Mii to Akurei and meet up with me. Dag and Aku will have a proper fucking war.

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Re: Streetpass Plaza

Postby Crescent » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:27 pm

My 3DS is unloved. I should change that.

...Says me a week before I'm about to build a gaming PC >_>
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:39 pm

I should get a 3DS... and maybe this 3D streetpass thingy... Then I could make Mike... without a face mask.
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Postby Jason the Great » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Bluh bluh streetpass

I don't use my 3DS for anything anymore.

Where's Pokemon? D:
Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:46 pm

I love Monster Manor. I actually use my Play coins on that one. <3 I always picture Castle Obscura, especially when facing Poltergeists who use 'Grimoire' on Shugo. xD

Shugo's a Shogun Lord in Warrior's Way, though he'll never catch up to Space Pope Alma who keeps taking his army whenever they meet. ; 3;

MiiForce......... Fuck this game. Fuck you, Goldbone. Fuck fire under water. Aaaaaaaagh.

............Mr. Mendel is a Creeper. I always do Flower Town first because he's far too friendly. STOP LIVING IN MY GARDEN SHED.

Figuratively. I see him sneak into my Garden when he sees me leave my house. I NEVER SEE HIM LEAVE. I ONLY SEE POOR SHUGO BOLT INTO HIS HOUSE FROM HIS SHED.

That aside, I got all 4 for the price of 3 when they first came out cause why not.

Basically, if I had only gotten one, it would have been Monster Manor. ^^; But I was offered the bundle deal by the salesbunny and how can you say no? He looked so sad...
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:17 pm

So this streetpass... is it fun? Like soul consuming fun?
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Yeah, I impulse bought the bundle too and the StreetPass games are hella fun. o 3o And Cam, I could switch back to Akurei, but it feels wrong seeing as it is Alma who has brought the kingdom to glory and won all the hats. >_> (Also occasionally Non-Canon Guest Star, Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire)

Also AUGH MR. MENDEL GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY GARDEN SHED YOU HORRIBLE STALKER I DON'T WANT YOUR RAPEDICK

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:09 pm

I recently switched back to Robyn from Shugo because I could. Despite Shogun Shugo being the one who got the kingdom this far. >_>;

Still! It would require us going to Texas or them coming here to Washington to get a tag, and as evidenced by the dickholery at SakuraCon being withing 5 feet of one another doesn't guarantee a Tag. >_>; lol

Ack! That aside, I keep telling people, but I'll toss it here again since we've renewed the excitement of the 3DS.

Go to "Friend List", the orange square smiley on your Home Menu.

Click "Register Friend", choose "Internet".

Enter my Friend Code "1762-3254-7563" (No dashes in the input).

I've only ever registered Friends via "Local" (Someone we met with Ange-sama at SakuraCon, and of course, Graham) but if it still won't work instantly, AIM me. >_>;

ANYWAY. You should see Miss Robyn as my Mii. :P
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Benjamin » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Canada's too thinly populated for me to have friends to use Street Pass on. :^^;
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:57 pm

lol, Ben. *pat pat*

Also, I fixed my code. I typed 6 instead of 3. The number's right now. >_>;;;;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Return to General Discussion