Some Blogs I've Read Recently...

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

Some Blogs I've Read Recently...

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:56 am

I'm not sure why I ended up reading some Blogs written by WoW Players, but I wanted to share them because it's not just about WoW, but I found things that relate to any game you play. Tabletop, MMO, or Forums.

http://battlechicken.wordpress.com/2012 ... ambermist/
"The game is fun again for me, not because it changed, but because I did."

http://casuallyvicious.com/2012/08/16/r ... all-doses/
"I prefer to deal with reality in small doses. I don’t seem to want to face everything all at once. I want to glance at it, walk away, come back later, check on it, procrastinate about it, and eventually go own up to it and get it over with. Without that “warming up to it” period, I generally feel overwhelmed and try to find some avoidance mechanism. I get highly annoyed when my day is so tightly scheduled that I don’t have a break (like running errands all day, or a day full of meetings). I actually need those momentary pauses to just… disconnect. I need to temporarily let go of everything I’m trying to carry around, and just calm down for a minute."

Also, there was one that really made me feel like I was reading something I would have written... http://www.hestiahthedruid.com/random-acts-of-kindness/
"There’s a part of me that would love to fix things for people. I want to make people’s lives better. I want to undo sadness. I want to bring back loved ones. Or reinstate jobs. Mend broken hearts. Always remind people that today can be better than yesterday. I want to just make it better. Not utopian better, because that’s just nonsense. I just want people to not hurt.

But, I can’t bring back loved ones. I can't pay anyone’s rent. I can’t mend broken hearts. I can’t fix lives, or people, or make others be nice to each other. There are things within my power though. And I do what I can… when I can.
"
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Re: Some Blogs I've Read Recently...

Postby Benjamin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:00 am

Yoshino Shurensuki wrote:"I prefer to deal with reality in small doses."

That's the story of my life. My teachers back in primary school complained that I daydreamed too much. >_>
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:21 pm

lol I was told I had ADHD when I was younger, as well as a few other things, but I daydreamed a lot myself. *nod nod* Reality is really hard to deal with Full-Time though. D:
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Crescent » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Regardless of your general tolerance for reality, regular vacations from it are always welcome XD
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Return to General Discussion