Madoka: Rebellion Story

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

Madoka: Rebellion Story

Postby Crescent » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:11 pm

SPOILERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

THAT.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

((SECRET MESSAGE: GUNSERVICE + EFFECTS, YO.))

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:14 pm

Well I dunno what all the fuss was about, I thought it was a particularly wonderful and beautiful movie about two star-crossed lesbian lovers who would go to any lengths to be together.

Heartwarming and touching, really.
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Re: Madoka: Rebellion Story

Postby Crescent » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:17 pm

XD

I mean, I did like it!

The visuals were amazing.

The first two thirds were great. I wasn't at all aware of the first TWIIIIIIIIIIST.

But then there's the matter of the other twist. The one we've all been spoiled on. And I'm just left like "...What the hell is going on ; 3;" >_>; Or pretty much "SEE THE POSTER"
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:28 pm

What a Twist!

...I agree though, I didn't see that first one coming. o 3o; and yes, the visuals were awesome sauce.
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:04 pm

At Justin's insistence, this got liveblogged by me here. So there's that.

Aaaaaanyhow, I for one welcome our new dark overlady! She's quite lovely to behold, she just wants to be with her beloved, and if you get on her bad side, well, you don't want that. Ask Kyubey. If you can get him to talk. HAIL HOMURA!

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby Crescent » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:17 pm

; 3;

I am all for Homu Homu, though I think Akuma Homura is going a bit far (also see: her conversation with Sayaka <_<; ).

But like, I find it interesting to look at things from Homura's perspective. She definitely loves Madoka (whether we're talking as an incredibly dear friend or in a HARD GAY way). Madoka, at the end of the tv series, one can say makes a sacrifice of pure love/caring - basically giving herself up in order to save Homura and every other magical girl. Homura, conversely, comes to see Madoka as a prisoner of the Law of the Cycle. She clearly thinks it's cruel/unfair for Madoka to be the way she is.

Yes, Homura's love is definitely more possessive. She wants to be with Madoka. But technically if she just let herself get whisked away by Madokami, then she'd have been with Madoka. So it's definitely more than just that - she clearly wants Madoka to be freed from her transcendental shackles to the Law of the Cycle. But there's no "good" way to accomplish that. The only clean break would be to let the INCUBATAHS have their way and restore the karmic cycle of entropy. But that would just throw them back into the time loop of SUFFERING (and also Fuck Kyubey).

Hence the BECOME THE DEVIL OR SOMETHING solution. It's basically a measure of desperation to try and seperate Madoka's human memories from Madokami. But it's apparent that not even Homura is really satisfied with it. See pic <_<
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:25 pm

Doesn't that kinda play into the "No Happy Endings" aspect?

I mean, I still feel that the outcome is very likely the fault of the Incu-, sorry, Kyuubeys. >_>

If she had just gone peacefully, I don't think she'd have been satisfied with that either, having; in her own words; repeated history, got hurt and suffered so much that even pain was precious to her. I believe that at some point, especially due to the Kyuubey Race, she passed the point she could ever really be happy again. She did curse one thing, though, and I think those are also influential in her mental state even before AI YO.

Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Crescent » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:41 pm

Yeah. One also has to remember how Homura's loaded up on SUFFERING from having to repeat the time loop of her beloved Madoka dying again and again. So her Madoka-related pain is loaded up beyond what anyone else can really understand. And that's before the whole "Madoka is effectively erased from existence and most people's memories" thing.

I wouldn't say Homura can "never be happy again", because if she could find some sort of end with both no Kyubey Magical Girl-Harvesting Entropy without Madoka forced to be Madokami (without having to BECOME THE DEVIL), then she'd be all sorts of super hard gay happy >_>

But she is also definitely not in the best mental state at the moment <_<
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:29 am

I dunno about no happy endings. Even now, I think Madoka would forgive Homura once she understood why this was happening.

Why? Well, first of all, because that's just who Madoka is. That's why she works as the Law of the Cycle/the Goddess at all--if the Law, for example, was Sayaka, then everything would be fucked because Sayaka would probably get on a high horse about righteousness and act like a certain perception of the Judeo-Christian God, only saving those magical girls she considered "worthy", and in the end she'd be no better than the Incubators. (That being said, I love her role as Madoka's "Archangel Michael" equivalent, as the right hand of the Law, and how much Sayaka has mellowed the fuck out in the movie.) Second of all, because the love between Madoka and Homura isn't one-sided--Madoka loves Homura too, and she'd understand how Homura felt, even as she chastised her for doing something like Becoming The Goddamned Devil.

Hooooowever, Madoka's gentle nature also prevented her from killing every last Incubator--there's still that one Kyubey left at the end to be enslaved by Homucifer--and she'd probably want Homura to come with her to "Heaven" and help her save other magical girls. Which Homura would be fine with...if the Incubators weren't an issue. Homura, who already hates the white fluffy douchebags with every fiber of her being prior to the first part of the movie, has just borne witness to the lengths the white fluffy douchebags will go in order to gain control over that which they don't control--hence the First TWIIIIIIST. Even though she's created a universe where, once again, the Incubators don't know or understand the Law of the Cycle, Homura's post-traumatic stress and justifiable paranoia are at the point where she almost certainly sees the Incubators learning about Madoka again as just a matter of time--and if she's part of the same existence as Madoka, what can she do to stop them? She can't, or at least she clearly feels she can't.

So instead she's decided to bet everything on the whole Devil thing. She'll be the villain that the universe needs, because if she's doing it, then she can control what form suffering and evil takes; and, moreover, since she's caught Kyubey in her trap, she sees this as a chance to break him--if she makes the Incubator, and through his memories the rest of his kind, too terrified to rely on human energies because they lead to things like her and being tormented indefinitely and forced into slavery as a demon herald--then maybe someday she can give up her dark throne and be with Madoka in a non-consumed universe, where the Incubators aren't waiting in the wings to do bad things to them.

It's not the best idea, of course, but what can you do. >_>;

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Jason the Great » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Look, ya'll are makin great points and all, but seriously, this thread fuckin disappoints me.

There isn't a single mention of the best thing about the movie.

How could you?

WHERE'S THE BEBE LOVE AT?!

((I would contribute somethin constructive, but everythin's already been said))
Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:17 am

...We have been remiss as fuck in not appreciating Bebe. Bebe was fucking rad.

I especially love how
Rebellion spoilers again yep | +
she broke the lesbian romance moment between Kyouko and Sayaka with her "I JUST WANTED TO EAT CHEESE AGAIN! 8D" That was the best. Bebe/Cheese best canon couple.

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Jason the Great » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:09 am

Hey so...This is prolly old news to your folks who were so up on things that you were spoiled on the movie before it came out, but...

"Producer Iwakami announced on the US premier that they have no official plans for the Madoka franchise right now. Both he and director Shinbo have expressed interest in continuing if they can find a suitable scenario.
In 2012 Urobuchi had stated that Madoka Magica's story will continue after Rebellion. He also said that plans for a half-year anime series were being considered."
Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Postby Crescent » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:43 am

(Spoiler boxes are kinda silly since this entire thread is super spoiler hq >_>)

I am expecting more at some point, yeah o 3o; Between the TO BE CONTINUED and the fact that Rebellion made all sorts of cashmoney.

I wouldn't expect it super-soon, though. Rebellion was like 2 1/2 years after the tv series. Urobuchi's been busy with Kamen Rider Gaim, and there's a Psycho-Pass sequel later this year that I expect/hope he'll be writing since he co-wrote just about the entire first season.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:25 am

It's kind of weird to read long-winded rants about how Rebellion ruined the series or made it a yuri anime or Homura is somehow out-of-character (because one line in Episode 12 about why she keeps fighting is totally indicative of her accepting everything and not having any lasting doubts about Madoka's choice, amirite?); it kind of makes me go "have you people not seen End of Evangelion? Remember that? That did this exact same sort of shit, only worse and with WAY more psychological torture, and you people loved it."

Anyhow. That's not really what this post is about. This post is about two things:

--Watch the Mini-Chat for announcement of a potentially exciting new thing.

--This AMV. ;_;
phpBB [media]

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Jason the Great » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:28 am

People are retarded. Sayaka and Kyoko were intended to be a coupling since the original series, and Homura's desire for Madoka made perfect sense.

Rebellion was fucking awesome, haters be haters because reasons.

Also Bebe.
Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Return to General Discussion