To All 'DigiDestined'

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

Re: To All 'DigiDestined'

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:32 am

O_______________o God fucking gods. The second gen digidestined are gone? Welp. ALL ABOARD THE NEW EVENGELION OF KILLING TRAIN!
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Postby MasterDJ » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:44 pm

Maybe they aren't dead. MAYBE. I mean... WOW the fuck, man? What the hell did these kids fight for for an entire year just to get axed like that? There has to be a rescue mission somewhere in this.

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:11 pm

x___x I mean. I am pretty sure all this has to do with that mystery chick. MAYBE! Who knows. But damn all mighty. Maybe they are captured? maybe they went the route that the golden digimental movie went? Who knows.
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw

Postby Crescent » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Getting your shit wrekt does not necessarily mean dead >_>

I'm gonna assume Alphamon bodied them, had a sensible chuckle, and left <_<
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Tri is making me cry MANLY TEARS!

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:52 pm

;A; Watched first episode of the first movie. I am too overcome by joy right now.
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw

Yamato's grumpy face is awesome, that's why.

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Because this is the pic I went with everywhere for no good reason.

And just in case the link in the chat is stupid or you came here first:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-adventure-tri

Also, I rather like the pixel game graphics for the ED animation. ^ o^
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

I could Spoiler the whole thing, but mrr.

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Ep 1: *flail* HAANG~... YAY! 8D .....SORA MAKE A DECISION. GOD. YOU'RE ALMOST OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL, JUST HAVE A THREE-WAY AT THIS POINT. 9____9 WOW.

Ep 2: HOW ABOUT THOSE EVOLUTIONS?! 8D
I really like the multi-language "Evolution" on the Digivice Screen before sort of a slow, roll-to-a-stop choice of the form. o 3o .....Also, of course Mimi brings GUMMI CANDY for everyone. >__> I don't think that poor lady knew just what it was she wanted to do or say to Mimi. XD ....Also, I am getting a huge Daedalus Vibe, I'm sorry. X_X

Also, the only gripe I had was the word "Digimons". >_>; Surprisingly, the subtitle of "DigiDestined" when they said "Erabareshi Kodomotachi" didn't phase me much. ^^;;

Ep 3: MIMI, WHY DO I LOVE YOU IN THIS SERIES? OMG YOU'RE GOOFY AS SHIT. XD Also, Koushirou continues to talk about the situation despite no one paying attention, as always. >___>; Koushirou seems to have this problem where his pants feel funny around Mimi and he can't talk to females very well. Decides that the best plan is to ask Takeru for advice. Also STICK YOUR DIGIMON IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Spoilering something in case you don't want to see anything immediately. >_>;
Can I talk about this face for a second? | +
Jou mentions he doesn't even have time for his girlfriend and Takeru asks this:

The only thing anyone says in response to Takeru's question is this:

PLEASE LOOK AT KOUSHIROU'S FACE.

THIS IS THE FACE OF SOMEONE WHO HADN'T THOUGHT OF THAT HIMSELF AND IS NOW PICTURING IT.

Ep 4: As a Fangirl I could only find this one full of teasing. Until "shit occurred, yo".

Three Words:
That's Not Good | +

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Crescent » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:52 pm

I like how they put Alphamon over in the prologue by having him body the 02 Chosen to essentially explain why they won't be around (I understand the concept of leaving them out given the Adventure cast is so big)... and then give a small scene to Takeru sending a warning to the other known tamers that they're in contact with around the world... yet don't even go as far as throwaway dialogue referencing the 02 kids >_> Like "I called up Daisuke but he said he got his shit wrekt so hard that he's gonna be nowhere to be found"
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Maybe that'll be explained? Or... hm... Maybe Alphamon did something similiar to what happen to the others when the 02 kids were in america and did the golden armor evolution. Because it is stated that Alphamon can manipulate time.
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Alphamon may have put them outside of time, yeah.

IN OTHER NEWS, Sora, I thought Jess and Justin were overstating it, but no. No. You want two dicks inside you, and they are Yamato and Taichi's. Just, like, say it. Just fuckin' say it. Here's a little song to help you three along.

Also Takeru has become a total fuckface, just as was written in the prophecies. That rudeness! That playboy-ing all over sweet beautiful Hikari! That motherfucking hat take it off take it off and burn it at once.

Mimi, on the other hand, is just the most kawaii thing and Koushiro is so awkward and aaaaaa. AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW JOE IS YOUNG GENDOU. LIKE THAT'S JUST. HIM.

...Finally I love how Not!MINOTAUR's whole plan for dealing with the Digimon is just "throw the Chosen at them". Like. You guys are worse than Hypnos.

....All of this being said, fuck you, Tri. Fuck you. I was all ready to be the one dude who hated this shit, just hated it, and then you pull out Gnosticism at the beginning, which is one of my jams, and this classy humor, and these evolutions. You did good, you fucking bastards.

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby Crescent » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Tomoemon: I reckon Sora just needs to saddle up >_>

Movie 2/next four eps not until March u_u

The format's overall probably the best, though. Unlike Crystal's QUALITY central >_>; The animation was generally pretty fluid throughout, though it (and everything in general) was kinda low-key in places.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby MasterDJ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:44 am

Saw it. Loved it. Want the plushies.

Taichi, I get that you're older now and see your actions have consequences, but in the same vain of Joe getting in some Gendou time, Tai got a little too Shinji for my liking. Figure it out, Yagami, it's either a PART of the city or the whole damn city. ACT.

MasterDJ

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:46 am

I dunno, the whole thing seemed more...stylized than low-key, per se? I mean, this was shockingly high-grade work for

1.) a Digimon feature (which are usually QUALITY spectaculars)
2.) a broadcast anime in an industry that as a rule just goes "fucking whatever, we'll fix it in the Blu-Rays"

Like this wasn't ufotable level, but it was close. I was generally impressed.

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Crescent » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:06 am

Well, actually o 3o;

Don't speak flatly about Digimon features >_> Bokura no War Game is the fucking shit (in a very good way). Also directed by Mamoru Hosada (watch Summer Wars if you haven't. All of you).

And Tri is technically a film series, not a broadcast anime. Granted, it's not a proper theatrical feature production-wise, but it is being screened in theaters. In fact, right now I think it's only in theaters + the episodic format streaming here in the West, and then gets released on bluray next month.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:23 am

Our War Game is the exception that proves the rule. >_>

Also I knew it was a film series but I thought maybe it's getting broadcast too in chunks. Either way, the animation was anywhere from decent to downright goddamn good. <_<; This is beyond Hurricane Evolution, too, I think.

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Crescent » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:49 am

Mm, yeah, was just clarifying that I think the only place it's being broadcast is on Crunchyroll o 3o; Otherwise I believe it's only theaters/for purchase in moonland.

But yeah, I'll agree in general about the looks - while it ain't really up to par with the best TV anime (such, as, say Ufotable Fate series), the animation/production is miles better than usual Digimon >_>
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:38 am

Graham agreed that the whole scene at the beginning with Taichi's soccer team and Hikari was how things were in Junior High for the Yoshino twins. >_> Given what's already established, I'm sure Dagrus was one of those boys who were showing off for Hikari while Shugo and Akurei were giving Taichi's, "Really, guys?" expression. >_>; (It's fairly canon that Suki 'blossomed early'.)

As far as the 02 kids went, yeah, I thought it was odd there was no other mention. I was fairly sure it was canon that Hikari and Takeru were in the same grade as Daisuke, Iori, Ken, and Miyako. (...okay, Iori was younger, at least, but still. >>; ) It wasn't until the end of the 4th part that I went, "Hold up, why hasn't there been any mention of the four we saw get rekt?" And yeah, Justin, it's like you said, Takeru put a mention out onto an apparent 'Tamer Bulletin Board', but didn't think about the four kids who were in the same school? I did wonder if 'their existences were wiped from memory' a bit... 'outside of time' sounds a little better and less doom-filled.

Shugo: That's odd, you like Doom-Filled. T_T

SHADDAP. D8

Jou is totally young Gendou, except that Mimi feels almost like a young Lenore and she's teasing the hell out of Koushirou. Who's screaming way more 'Shugo 'than 'Shuuichou'. XD

Shugo: He is not!

Shuuichou: I mean, wasn't always this suave, Son, but you're taking 'awkwardness' to its extreme peak. >_> *hand on his head*

"Kasumi-sexual" indee--*ASHPILE*

Shugo: *just fuming and red-faced*

*RESPAWNS* Anyway! The animation was pretty good, I only noticed it a little near the beginning/in the first part as far as any 'Quality' went, but the more I watched, the less I really noticed. ^ 3^;

....also now that I think about it, we had joked about our Chosen's equivalents in the original/canon Chosen Children a while back. It's just kinda eerie that pieces of those jokes've shown up. o 3o;

ALSO I WANT THE CDS. ; A; I really like the new versions of the OP, ED, and Evo Theme. The OST would be pretty boss, too. I wonder if Kinokuniya might have it when it comes out. o 3o I mean, they had Sailor Moon Crystal! Digimon would surely be a fair bet to sell!

Also, sidenote: After finally seeing it, I recognize a lot more of what's on display in the Animate/Animedia Cafe. 8D
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Mooncrafter » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:47 am

I liked the movie.

I wanted to love the movie. The digivolutions being thrown back to back in the second episode just felt like an awful "fanboys will bitch if we don't have complete scenes for everyone" appeal. That was at least a good solid 2 minutes for more action or I dunno, PLOT. Just a comment like "Well, I tried to call Daisuke and Ken, but all the connections going down from infected digimon probably put them out of contact." And then eventually START to be worried. It's not like the events happened all in one day, they had time to process and TK fucking contacted the WORLD'S digidestine population via website. You're telling me that he, I dunno, didn't think to call the guy that Patamon Jogresses with?

Blatant reusing animation clips from the original show was lazy and very jarring against the new style used for the movie. I understand needing to fit a budget, but it's not like a single still was going to break the bank.

Tai suddenly being a fucking puss out of no where was jarring. I think the first movie would have been better off if someone HAD died from the Kuwagamon attacks, at least then he'd be validated in his sudden PTSD from this particular event (despite... being erased by Apocalymon... and just BRAVING his existence back). I understand having PTSD from multiple constant events since that's where mine comes from, but that shit should have started showing up in 02 if they ever wanted that plot development for him.

What DID get released is just a horrid cock tease. "Oh hey! New cat digimon! BUT WE'RE NOT TELLING YOU JACK SHIT FOR MONTHS FROM NOW" Nameless government organization that apparently has the same Walk-In policy as the fucking CIA in Covert Affairs. Gennai dropping information to a GOVERNMENT AGENCY BEFORE THE DIGIDESTINED?!! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?!

I wanted to love it ;n; I really, really did. I just can't help picking apart the sequel baiting story-telling. I know it's not a complete story yet, but they could have done so much more if they'd made the best with the scenes that they had. Like the 1 minute of annoying alarm clock could have been shortened down to maybe 10-20 seconds and make room for more dialogue.

I may be fragile, but I'll not back down
Mooncrafter
Sheriff Corgi of the Doggo Tax

Postby MasterDJ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:48 am

@Jess: If I remember from the later 02 movie, Miyako/Yolei is actually OLDER than the other 02 kids by a year, because in Diablomon Strikes Back she was already trying out her junior high uniform.

Also, yeah, Dag was def macking on Suki in junior high. >.> Makes his eventual decision to go with a big booty girl in his late teens all the funni-

*DANGANKEN'D*

*is so far into the pavement my nose is touching debris* X___X

@Mariah: A sound critique. See, MY issue with the 02 kids not showing up after getting bodied is not just that no one mentioned them the entire time, but what about the Digimon? We saw their D3s, where are Veemon, Wormmon, Hawkmon, and Armadimon? No one was fighting Alphamon and thinking "Damn, Imperialdramon Fighter Mode would be AWESOME right about now."

@Everyone: Also, glad to see new Digimon being released. Meicoomon is the bestest and though not new I'm glad to see Hackmon get animated since he's supposed to eventually Digivolve into a Royal Knight (Jesmon). I wonder then if we really are gonna finally see a gathering of all 13 Royal Knights in animated form. There are only so many Digimon groups but only a handful have had full representation outside of the card games.

MasterDJ

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:16 am

@Jess: HAHAHA I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW MIMI AS LENORE. VINDICATION!

Also, I will share with everyone what I said to you earlier; I fuckin' love how Koushiro hits this weird hybrid of "ballin out of control" (sweet-ass office, MAD MONEY, makes clothing apps like it's nothing, creates a virtual world server for the Digimon on the fly and Persona-goggles for Taichi) and "spaghetti dropped on the ground" (can't interact with female clerk because boner, can't even look at Mimi directly or he'll burst into boner-related flames, openly mocked by such as Tentomon and Patamon to his face) and it somehow works. He's like if you dumped all the awkward in the world into Teen Shuuichou and gave him Teen Gendou-y hair.

@Mariah:

I'm going to go after only one area of your critique as actually "wrong", per se? Which is the part about them reusing animation footage from 01/02. Which they didn't actually do for anything other than silhouette keyframes that were used for literally all of three seconds (and one keyframe that looks like it's reused is actually a painstaking recreation, the one of Taichi and Yamato handholding. New art there). And I feel it's pretty disingenuous to imply they "reused animation" for frames that were up for that short a time and whose whole purpose was just to remind you of what came before. I mean, that creates a false impression. :\

THAT BEING SAID the rest of this is all entirely opinion vs. opinion:

-On the front of it teasing everyone, I feel like that's sort of a feature of it being the first in a film series. That's kind of in the job description: get everyone hyped for March when stuff really starts to go down. It's why Spring of Birth only tackled up to the Emperor Arcana in Persona 3 and why Rebuild 1.0 was "the first six episodes of Evangelion again some more, but better animated and one major plot alteration". This is the introduction and proof of concept: can they give us the Chosen Children and make us care again?

-Am I...am I going to be the guy defending Taichi here? >_>;; I guess that's going to be my role, but shit, people, perspective. He's not quite pulling an "I mustn't run away!" here--if he was going to do that he'd have pulled a Jianliang "NO TERRIERMON YOU CAN'T EVOLVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS BATTLE I'M SCARED OF GALGOMON" Lee and commanded Agumon not to go, which he didn't do. The dude just hesitated (he did hesitate a bit too long), because, well, he's beginning a new character arc, and frankly it's one I kind of like! In Adventure 01, he was Courage because he was a dumb hotblooded little kid who mainlined Mountain Dew, smashed through everything without thinking, and knew "the right thing!" because he was a kid, and he had the surety of being a child. But he's not a child anymore. He's grown up, and his Courage is different; it's the bravery to know how complicated a situation is, but still find the right thing to do. It's leadership that's not a privilege, it's a burden, because you suddenly understand, or realize you understand, that you're responsible as a leader for the lives of others. Like he says, "I see more and I understand less."

That being said, it was a little contrived. A little. And I think hesitating when Meiko, a fairly obvious innocent, is under threat, was a bit much. It would've been better if someone actually did get hurt in the Infected Kuwagamon group's attack, possibly even while they were chasing him for his Digivice. But in the Yamato/Taichi "we should attack the media and punch people for talking bad about Digimon!!!" conflict I was firmly on Taichi's side. Yamato when he was going off on his DIGIMON CIVIL RIGHTS DEFENDER tirade in Part 2/Part 3 reminded me of Erik's characters. >_____>;;;;;; Like I joked to Jess that he was going to go "ruin the media's bowels" and was only slightly tongue in cheek.

-Gennai's priorities have never really been aces. <_<; Remember how he didn't let the kids know he had a secret base under the lake until like midway through the damn Dark Masters arc? And basically let them guess their way through Vamdemon's fairly important puzzle on the gate to the Analog World? >_>; Gennai's kind of a jerk. Besides which, Not-MINOTAUR/the Information ???? Bureau really seemed to need every advantage they can get, they're worse at their job than Hypnos, which is kind of a feat in and of itself.

-I'm with you on the 02 kids in spirit, because why the HELL wouldn't they even remember to ask about them and find out they were missing...but I think it's actually fairly likely that that's part of the plot. The 01 kids don't remember the 02 kids or their Digimon, because they were taken outside of existence by Alphamon--this is notably part of his purview, as "Alpha inForce" allows him to rewrite a "battle's past", so it's entirely possible he poofed them out of normal spacetime. And finally, in promo materials for Tri 2: Determination (this was Tri 1: Reunion), Imperialdramon has been shown in battle against Vikemon and Rosemon, so make of that what you will. >_>

@Everyone: This leads into my further excitement about the villain of this piece, because they mentioned "the Demiurge" and how he created a world that was a shadow of the true world in the opening narration--which is a real thing in Gnosticism, the Demiurge is the false god who created the material world and then enslaved all humanity and all souls to worship him as the creator of their spirits, while shutting them off from the spiritual. (Anyone who knows me at all probably can tell this is my kind of mythology to play around with just from that.)

And maaaaaaannnn if that's their take on Yggdrasil I cannot wait. 8D Oh, how goddamn cool would that be. They could even work in the Death-X, maybe that's what's infecting people. 83

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, THE SHIPPING GRID:

-Mimi x Koushiro: Kawaii as fucking hell/when are you gonna bend her over the desk, Izzy mah boi
-Tai x Sora x Yamato: OT3, everyone's happy, do it do it do it
-Joe x Girlfriend: I WANT TO BELIEVE
-Takeru x Hikari: not while you have that hat on, motherfucker
-Soccer Team x Hikari: Far more realistic. Yes, the whole team.

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion