Comedy Died Once More

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

Comedy Died Once More

Postby MasterDJ » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:47 am

Anyone else planning a Robin Williams Movie X Legend of Zelda marathon?

Funniest thing is that I just met a coworker who acts like the man, I even texted Mariah about him. Then after work saw a billboard in town and I saw his name and thought he was performing in Arlington soon. It's only as I was driving back home that I saw the whole thing with his birth to death.

May the Lord keep him close and his love fall upon his family.

Thanks for making us all smile, Mr. Williams. We never had a friend like you.

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Re: Comedy Died Once More

Postby Benjamin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:32 am

Not much of a Zelda fan myself (was always more into Metroid) but I might just load Aladdin and Mrs. Doubtfire into my Blu-Ray player in memory of him.

Though I do not mean to poniticate, I also feel lucky that we had him as long as we did because he could have died much earlier because of his cocaine addiction in the eighties. The late Chris Latta (AKA Starscream and Cobra Commander) famously said, "Everyone else here is a comedian, but that's not what I am... What I am is a psychotic who's learned to market his problem." In some ways, it gives me impression that some comedians' acts may be influenced by their own psychological problems and some like Williams, Latta, John Belushi, and others end up dying before their time.

That said, as sad as Williams' (apparennt) suicide may be, his life is definitely worth celebrating. This is a man who tired to make others' lives better through comedy. Heaven knows the world is a bleak enough place already. According to this article from the Huffington Post, he made his friend, Christopher Reeve, laugh after the accident that crippled Reeve and gave him assurance in his bleakest moment. Similarly, he called Stephen Spielberg to teel jokes and lift his spirits while the latter was filming Schindler's List because directing a film about the Holocaust would be depressing enough.

We truly lost a good and kindhearted man. Kindest condolences to the family and I hope we all can take some solace in knowing he is at peace.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Re: Comedy Died Once More

Postby tentacleGrape » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:45 am

I say this with honesty and a solemn heart...

...we'll never have a friend like him.
"Durian Arms! Mr. Dangerous!"
tentacleGrape
Flamboyant Master of Moe Moe Kyun~!

Return to General Discussion