A Call for Digital Script! (Returned from Archives.)

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

A Call for Digital Script! (Returned from Archives.)

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:14 am

Update: Dec. 24th, 2015
Okay, guys, I've moved this out of Archives to maybe try the call again? > 3>;

All you have to do is tell me what it says and where it's located on the character; oh yeah and I guess what character you're talking about. >_>; But like... you don't even have to know any other languages! I mean it! ; 3;

There's also a Roman Alphabet you can use for this. I just happen to like the Original/Japanese Script when I do things. It really is a personal preference, though!

Here, I'll even do you one better. You can just follow this template:
Digimon DigiScript wrote:Digimon: (You can use this to tell me what character. 'Yamainumon', 'Ringmon', 'Ocemon', 'Plinimon', etc.)

Location: (Where is it? Tail Ring, Paw Band, Collar, Weapon, etc.)

Script: (What does the script say? It can be a word or a whole phrase. Just remember that a phrase takes up way more space than a word or two... some things may be better suited for, say, a weapon than jewelry.)

Human DigiScript wrote:Character: (You can use this to tell me what character. In this case, you'd just need to write 'Synne', 'Tetsuo', 'Shugo', 'Kuuhaku', etc. I can find their full names if they're posted on the board. ^^; )

Location/Object: (Where is it? Left Arm, Right Leg, Collar, Weapon, etc. For Robyn/Persephone, she has an armband that's engraved. For Synne, the DigiScript appears around her neck under the right circumstances due to the DJ's intervention. I would just need to know where it is/what it's on. ^ 3^; )

Script: (What does the script say? Same examples as the Digimon's version. ^ o^; )

That's right, I want you guys to drop the info you got stored in your heads.

Right here.

• Q: What do you mean, "Digital Script"?
  • A: The letters you see on the Digimon and their weapons in the anime/manga. More formally:
    Digital Script (デジ文字 Dejimoji or "DigiLetters") is a collection of logographic symbols used in the Digital World that represent the both the Latin Alphabet and list of both Hiragana and Katakana.

• Q: "...No, seriously, wut?"
  • A: v These things. v
    (If you need a lighter background with darker letters to see it better, click the images.
    You're also free to save this images as well if you want to use them as references for drawing them, but they're not going anywhere.)

The original letters saved back... about Zero Two-ish. This image was saved from like... With the Will or some shit. @_@ (*This image is reversed of the original, which is the white background with blue digital letters.)

Image Image
    The updated/clearer kana listing, thanks to Wikimon.

The Roman Letters introduced in Digimon Savers.

• Q: Has there been any drawings or artwork to show me what you mean?
  • A: Yes.
      Images showing characters or objects containing Digital Script:
      The DJ's headphones:

Ocemon's Tail Ring/Holy Ring:

Rekidenmon's Sword:

Persephone's Armband:

Synne is another example with Digital Script that appears when something is triggered...:

• Q: Are there any other "Languages"?
  • A: Yes.

• Q: What Languages are known in the Digital World?
  • A: Aside from what I would probably just refer to as 'Analog' or even 'Human'? Using the word "Universal" rather loosely, the 'Universal Language' would probably be the Dejimoji above. However, there is also Witchelny Runes/Script, Daemonaic, and Draconic. There are whispers of "Atlantean" having its own script, and of an alien language that belongs to the Zetamon... It is possible there are other languages that haven't even been rumored about or have died out like some Analog Languages; who knows?

Some notes~...
Witchelny Script is... "being worked on". >_> The only clear doodles that were done by Cam have been on Corvusmon's Scarf. For the moment, I'm just putting this here so I don't lose it. >_> But if you have a Witchelny Digimon with Runes somewhere on them, list them here too, please. >>

I had doodled what I could see on the updated design of Corvusmon, before I found the original drawing of the runes on his scarf. But as mentioned, I'm leaving it here.

*UPDATE* I found the Runic Alphabet used on the original scarf; it was the Viking Talisman/Norse Runic Alphabet. That Alphabet is sort of complicated and also used for Rune Stones; by which I mean a divination tool like Tarot Cards. Yes, it works for a Magical Language, but I kind of like the new Witchelny Runes a bit better and I like the freedom to create the entire syllabary.
NOTICE: I, PERSONALLY, DON'T MIND ASSISTANCE IN CREATING THINGS IF YOU HAVE IDEAS.

However, you'd have to be clear. I can make the images for the script, but I have to know what the whole idea is, even if it's a bunch of chicken scratch. >_>;

Feel free to also link to Docs with ideas if that's easier for you.
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Nevermind, I decided. >_>

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:16 am

Yamainumon's Holy Rings read: Image

Which is to say, 「全ては団子と共に」 or "subete wa dango to tomoni".
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Re: A Call for Digital Script!

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:00 pm

<__________< I would probably say that... Plinimon could have their won alphabet? But then... I don't know what it would look like since... Penguins.
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Re: A Call for Digital Script! (Returned from Archives.)

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:51 am

(Bumping this for relevance.)
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Return to General Discussion