Bacchiriminna~! I'm Going Ghost!

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

Investigatory Screencaps

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:38 pm

This came about because we noticed that Over-Time's subs read, "I've got 57 days left to gather the remaining 11 Eyecons." Which is where we went "Hold up, what? How?!" We then proceeded to do a Listening Exercise for 10 minutes, to which we both heard "51 days" (五十一日) but just got more frustrated. (Partly because the only explanation for that would've been Takeru probably flubbing his lines and meaning 六十一日/61... and 'no one caught it in editing' either.)

This happened so we could count.

-Beginning of Series was October 4th, Takeru's Birthday.
--In Ep 2, Onari is circling January 10th, 2016 on the calendar while talking about what they need. (Good catch, Graham. > 3>; ) So this is their Deadline to gather 15 Eyecons.
---We see when Takeru looks at it near the end of ep 2, it's much easier to see the marks indicating the countdown. It is October 9th.

-Episode 3: October 14th

-Episode 4: October 15th

-Episode 5: November 15th (This was the best shot that let me see what was crossed off.)

This means that there was an entire month (30 days) between Ghost losing Nobunaga to Specter and Takeru getting his shit rocked by Makoto. We knew Over-Time couldn't just suddenly forget how to Japanese, but we thought maybe they misheard. Turns out, not so much.

So... this means that either Takeru and Co. just fucked off for a month or the Ganma have kept REEEEEAL quiet about their work.

'Til Al Capone Ganma shot up a protest and drew some attention.

I don't think Takeru would just sulk for a whole month (Pre Shit-Rocking anyway. Post, hell yeah. He got knocked around like a rag doll and called soft so many times you'd think Makoto was talking about ice cream.) So at least some of that has to be "no leads" because without Ganma Activity, they can't gain a Heroic Eyecon. And~... well... Takeru probably pissed off Sennin after he essentially cussed him out at the end of Ep 4. > 3>;

I mean, I seem to recall that when they yelled at Sagara, he went off to give an Orange Kachidoki to the protagonist, so yeah. >_>

....Still. Shit. Time is progressing faster than I thought it would. X_X
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

This Episode Featured: SHUTUP-oniisan

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Man, I'm tired. But I ended up really wanting to post these before I passed out. RAAAWR. TRANSLATIONS HAPPENED. THIS EP WAS FUN.

運命!再起のメロヂィ!
    unmei! seiki no MERODI!
    Fate! A Comeback Melody!

....Yup, Takeru's still depressed, and now Sennin seems to be helping poke at him. But he's doing it as Beethoven. >_>

This episode's Calendar/Date: November 27th!

I was thrown off because the little tidbit didn't PINGPONG pop up when Takeru guessed what Sennin was dressed as for today. It instead serves to show that Takeru is still a nerd and gets excited over people in his favorite book... since he scares the girl they're trying to help by yelling BEETHOVEN and suddenly materializing behind her. His face, though... >_>
Beethoven Trivia wrote:偉人豆知識 ベートーベン
ドイツの作曲家。
耳が聞こえなくなる病気になるが
諦めず作曲を続け、多くの名曲を
作った。

ijin mame chishiki - BEETOOBEN
DOITSU no sakkyokuka.
mimi ga kikoenaku naru byouki ni naru ga
akiramezu sakkyo wo tsuzuke, ooku no meikyoku wo
tsukutta.

Hero Trivia - Beethoven
A German composer.
He lost his hearing due to illness
but he didn't stop writing music,
he wrote many famous pieces.

Graham's description of "SHUT UP ONIISAN" is accurate because this guy yelled "URUSAI!" at everyone... and surprise, surprise, guess what the Ganma of the week would then do? >_> That's right, his power was a mute button!

Takeru goes to fight the composer Ganma, gets rocked by Makoto again, rudely, by Edison. Like knocked out of Henshin via electricity level of "WOW RUDE".
After Takeru is driven away by Terui Ryu Fukami Makoto, Akari does a saving throw and wins her roll to snatch the Musashi Eyecon out from under "The Rudest Rider". Specter then points his gun RIGHT at her, but then decides to walk away. Akari debates pissing herself and hugs Musashi against her bosom.

(...actually I rather like that she protected the Eyecon of Takeru's hero. x: ♡)

After talking to his Imouto Eyecon... (you can tell even if it's muted because it blushes when it speaks! >_>) Also don’t think I didn’t notice that’s a Ganma Eyecon design she’s in too.

...Makoto hands Edison over to Alan, who looks rather pleased. Makoto, however, is channeling his hero, Terui Ryu and rides off wordlessly and swiftly.

While Takeru hides under the dojo porch, Onari and Akari talk to YELLING ONIISAN's little sister. (I think it's Youko/Yoko) She remembers seeing the Mysterious Man/Alan's Minion/TMWNDI talking to her brother and giving him weird things. Note that I am completely convinced that the liquid in those vials is just the "Tears of Children" and will gladly do an "I TOLD YOU SO" dance later.

Onari reacts in the best way possible to receiving a package from someone on a building. (I think that's what Mr. Postman said... Either way, the best part of this cap is Onari's face; as always. > 3> )

MEANWHILE ON THE ROOF!
Takeru forgets he's intangible and his speech is really only audible to himself at this point. Akari gives a speech instead. Oniisan snarks, Takeru sort of "That wasn't quite it..." at her.

Akari inspired him to believe in himself again. (It almost looks like Takeru has had enough and wants to set the record straight on his Heroic Speech, though. lol >_>) It was very touching, but then of course the Ganma had to be all "WEREN'T YOU GONNA DIE?" or something to that effect, reminding ONIISAN about his mortality which triggers Takeru Hug. This gives way to Purified Beethoven Ghost, which Takeru is given the most interesting angle to HENSHIN today. Makoto hesitates and doesn't actually transform and rock Takeru's shit this time. Imouto Eyecon questions him.

....I adore the piano design on the Parka Ghost. 8D

Commercial Break. o:
    CMのあと、ベートーベンの力が炸裂!
    CM no ato, BEETOOBEN no chikara ga sakuretsu!
    "After the Commercial Break, Beethoven's power explodes!"

But not before SLIDING ACROSS THE STAGE. XD (You can see just how wet the whole area is. Must've rained. But watching them skid across the stage like cartoon characters was hysterical. ^ o^; )

Akari has the best face in response to the terrible sound the Ganma is using to fight Ghost.

Not only was this fun to watch, but I giggled loudly at "FORTISSIMO~!" XD (The last panel.) Everyone here can blame Tatsulot. Yes. > 3> XD

Akari Status: Nope, Science.

HOLY SHIT WE LEARN ABOUT PEOPLE. DEEP PLOT NEXT EP. 8D

OH SHIT, TMWNDI WAS A RESEARCHER WITH TAKERU'S DAD!? O:

DOUBLE SHIT, THAT'S THE TEMPLE BASEMENT! MAKOTO'S IMOUTO WAS SUCKED INTO A GANMA HOLE IN THE BASEMENT WUT.

PICHOW PICHOW! ....BECAUSE HE HAS A GUN SO WE HAVE TO MAKE THAT SOUND. >______>;
    早撃!伝説のガンマン!
    hayau! densetsu no GANMAN!
    Quick Draw! Legendary Gunman!

And according to the toy ad, what's actually said is:
百発!百中!ズキューン!バキューン!
...I might go with, "Always On-Target! Flying Bullets!" if I was trying to rhyme or be super clever. But I'm not that good at it. > x>

1.) The first two words (hyappatsu!hyakuchau!) actually comes up in the dictionary as one word, that means "always hitting the bullseye" or "infallible". It has a wikipedia definition of "Magic Bullets" from the german word "Freikugeln" which was the title of a polka composed to commemorate the 3rd German Federal Shooting Contest. Sure it's unnecessary info, but it's neat... and helps with context.

2.) The second two words are just sound effects for flying bullets/small projectiles and hitting a target. "ZUKYUUN! BAKYUUN!"
-zukyuun - ズキュン (zukyun) is the onomatopoeia used to indicate getting shot (metaphorically) or getting shot down. Perhaps a "bang!" would work then? Either that or we actually go with "pichow pichow" BECAUSE MOCK GUN.
-bakyuun - usually translated to *THWOK* or *ker-wham* in manga scanlations, it is the sound effect for a sudden, impactful hit. In this context, the bullets hitting the bullseye.

Oh right, I forgot I was curious about his title:
Takeru's Book - Beethoven Entry wrote:逆境の音楽家
ルードヴィッヒ・ヴァン・ベートーベン
"Musician of Adversity" (Though, perhaps 'Disabled Musician' would work better as a translation?)
Ludwig von Beethoven

These are mostly for Graham, but everyone should enjoy them. > 3>
......."IMPLYYYYYYYYYYYYING."
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Re: Bacchiriminna~! I'm Going Ghost!

Postby Crescent » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:53 pm

MAKOTO'S IMOUTO STUCK IN HELHEIM
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

AGHARBRBLBLBLBL.

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Considering I got a "DJ Sagara" vibe from Sennin again this week while Graham got the "I'M GETTING A BAD FEELING ABOUT HIM"... > 3> Yeah. lol

Also, I could probably clear up that English Translation of the Trivia/Tidbit, but I'm far too tired and I just finished the Tumblr post with it and was too lazy to reword it.

OFF TO BED WITH ME. I SHOULD HAVE GONE FOUR HOURS AGO. > A<
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby MasterDJ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:32 pm

OK, seriously, was "teeth your dentist would faint at the sight of" part of the casting call for this character?

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Episode 7: I DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR PUNS

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:54 pm

I got so terribly distracted looking shit up for this episode. I sort of have a Research Problem and it really becomes troublesome when I realize I never finished what I was originally doing because I went looking up 15 other things. *; 3;*

早撃!伝説のガンマン!
    hayau! densetsu no GANMAN!
    Quick Draw! Legendary Gunman!

Alan's Minion recognizes Makoto, but Makoto didn't recognize him? Or... was he ignoring him? Both of them went to the grave of Takeru's father.

Maaaan. ; 3; I was afraid that was a dream. *hugs for Takeru*

"Makoto-niichan," I feel like he stopped at some point that you'd not know what he looked like at his current age. Also given Akari's comment that I think was along the lines of "I wonder why he stopped coming"...

XD Sennin just left notes and a comic page for Takeru this week. I find that hilarious.
Sennin wrote:kore wa sugoku tsukaeru / kore wa sugoku yakunitatsu!
☆これはすごく使える☆ / ☆これはすごく役に立つ!☆
("☆This will certainly be useful.☆" / "☆This will be very useful!☆")

The comic:
次は西部最強の「ガンマン」
彼は彼らして
生きて死んだ

tsugi wa seibu saikyou "GANMAN"
kare wa karera shite
ikite shinda

The next one is the Strongest Gunman in the West!
He was also called
"Dead Man Walking".

Which of course leads to our weekly Info Tidbit/Trivia:
Billy the Kid Trivia wrote:偉人豆知識 ビリー・ザ・キッド
アメリカ西部開拓時代に銃の
早撃ちで数多くの決闘に勝利した
伝説のガンマン。

ijin mame chishiki - BIRII ZA KIDDO
AMERIKA seibu kaitaku jidai ni jyuu no
hayauchi kazu ooku kettou ni shouri shita
densetsu no GANMAN.

Hero Info Tidbit - Billy the Kid
A "quick draw" gunslinger of the Old West era in America.
He became known as a Legendary Gunman
by winning a great number of gun duels/shootouts.

~Also, fun fact/little sidenote, the part on his book that's in English?
It's the words on the footstone monument of Billy's grave, which is shown in English and then translated on the Japanese Wikipedia page for anyone interested.

But I got distracted. MOVING ON. x:

So this is clearly after the movie, then. Thanks for the clarification, Toei. Appreciate it. XD ...OH MY GOD, I HEARD THAT HONK HONK VEEDLYDEEP. ("What are those?" "Magnets!" "Cute!" "Right?" >___> *cough* So the marketing department was in on this, I see. I also notice the other magnets all look like eyeballs. >___> )

"These people were reenacting The Sailor Moon SuperS Movie and I thought it was super-weird, but then something knocked me over and they all vanished and it was just creepy."

"What's a Ganma?" "Aw hell. Oops." Saved by Narita and Shibuya!

This episode's Calendar/Date: December 13th or 14th. The only time I saw the calendar was here with a confused Tanaka-san, and the 12th is marked off, but there's nothing on the 15th, so it has to be either Sunday or Monday. o 3o~

...Wow, the 'Showdown' atmosphere isn't creepy at all. Nope. Takeru also had a Childhood Friend, but either one day he "just disappeared", or one day he "stopped coming around".

.......Okay, normally, I ignore the weird kaiju designs of the Ganma of the Week, but wasp the hell are you supposed to bee?

FLYING TACKLE. I can't say I wasn't expecting that at some point, no... / Musashi VS Nobunaga, OKAY GO. / These two really really like their Rider Kicks at 20 paces... I swear. / But like... Dang. Good job, Takeru. o 3o~!

Well, that answered my previous question. Makoto just asked Alan's Minion who he was. And in response, just used the name "Alan-sama" and called himself his 'assistant/helper' so, I'm continuing to stick with "Alan's Minion" as a title for this creepy fuck. >_>; His name is "Saionji"
    alan-sama no otetsudai yo shitteru orimasu. saionji desu.
    アランさまのお手伝いよ知る降ります。西園寺です。
    "I am Alan-sama's servant. My name is Saionji."
    Note that 西園寺/Saionji is just a guess as it comes up as a Family or Surname when I had looked it up to make sure it wasn't a title rather than a name. I did note that "Saionji Kinmochi" was the 7th Prime Minister of Japan, who was also elevated from Marquis to Prince and was one of Japan's most honored statesman of the 1920's and 1930's. So the Family name's kanji may be accurate or I might be way off. But it was an interesting find. *o 3o*

Alan's Minion keeps calling it an "incident". Makoto continues to get frustrated/annoyed at the man's indirect commentary. He did, however, kind of state that he was a fellow Ghost Hunter/Ganma Researcher with Tenkuuji Ryu.

...........okay, well, that wasn't what I was expecting the 'incident' to be. o 3o;;;;; Damn. For the record, "Ganma World" doesn't look like a fun trip. No. o_o;

Meanwhile, Takeru finds the Black Dream Hole Roleplayers.

.......Meanwhile, Meanwhile, Onari and Akari Pink Panther sneak up to Country House YOUALLCOME. With what look like nothing but Harleys parked outside. >_>; All that's missing is for those doors to be swinging saloon doors.

Of course it's Billy the Kid's hat. >_> WHAT. WHAT. WHY IS YOUR BAG A GHOST TRAP? WHAT IS THIS CONTRAPTION THAT LOOKS LIKE A HACKED GHOST DRIVER?! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?! D8

....I LOVE HOW BOTH ALAN'S MINION AND OUR PAIR OF INSPECTOR CLOUSEAUS SEE EACH OTHER AND TURN AWAY NONCHALANTLY AS IF THEY DIDN'T JUST SEE EACH OTHER.

Alan, you're getting more mysterious and subtly creepy. You're fitting more and more into the 'Dark Rider' position here. I almost hope Necrom is you. >_> Because if it's some random person we haven't met yet, it'll feel super weird at this point... and I realize we're only like 7 EPS IN, but still. I loved the "I'm giving this back to you," and roll the Eyecon into Makoto's hand.

......Guys, I'm sure Saionji knows you're following him. 'Little John' knew Onari followed her a few eps back. >_> Akari, why don't you remember this?

...Ballsy, Onari. Stupid, but Ballsy. >_>;

So the lantern let you see the Ganma. o 3o Nea-- Hang on, are those Ganma hooded with a Transient face? They look a little different from the normal ones with bug eyes. o 3o ......yes they are.

THE BAT CLOCK BAT.

...Pretty cool! He finally summoned his weapon without transforming, yay! o 3o~! Although, I am quite suspicious of how Tomonari quickly pulled back when he saw Takeru in front of everyone, didn't drop like everyone else, and then ran off when the Waspma showed up. I don't think Takeru noticed, though. >>

Commercial Break~! o:
    CMのあと、ビリー・ザ・キッドの力で敵を退治しろ!
    CM no ato, BIRII ZA KIDDO no chikara de teki wo taijishiro!
    "After the Commercial Break, Billy the Kid's power exterminates the enemy!"

"HAHAHA MUSASHI'S SWORDS CAN'T DEAL WITH A SWARM, CAN THEY, KID?" / "DID SOMEONE SAY KID?" / I thought the trilling of the R sound for "BIRII" (Billy) was amusing. I liked it. XD ^ o^ ...also HA HA Cowprint shoulders~! ♥︎ XD
Well, bugger that then. 8D

He was doing so well on his own, then Yurusen pops in to tell him he should make a bigger gun by combining the two little ones. >_> INTO A LARGE, BATCLOCK RIFLE. (I haven't seen this many bats in one place since Kiva.) Also, I guess the bonging and clock ticking is supposed to callout at a "Shootout at High Noon" but the timing was rather comedic.

....Onari and Akari get yoinked and away, then Yurusen points out that the Ganma's not quite taken care of yet. Of course she's not, she has to go be a big BEE-PLOW. >____> Which, while staring at it, I started to get a weird 'Gohma' feeling from my tingly Zelda Sense.

AND THIS IS WHERE WE END THE EPISODE.

OKAY THEN.

The next episode is the one titled "Another Monolith". Given what we learned in this episode? I'm excited to see what this is all about... Especially since they yoinked Akari and Onari this episode, and then showed them tied up and gagged for the next. >_>
    発動!もう一つのモノリス!
    hatsudou! mou hitori no MONORISU!
    Invocation! Another Monolith!

And~... because I have a small problem. >_>;
My Faces Collection for this Episode | +

Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Ep 9: The Turkey Killed My Sister.

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:25 am

Episode 8 was watched while out of state for Thanksgiving. It took an entire day to download it just to watch it and by the time Graham and I returned home on Wednesday, Subs were out. I'm a little grateful it was part two of a story since that meant there was only one thing I could have worked to translate, (CM Announcement lol,) but I was able to put it aside in order to enjoy the holiday with Mom.

The turkey was delicious. So was the pie. > 3>

Anyway, this week, we have some Info! And another tweak of the plot knob! And Merchandising! Because Christmas is coming in fast! >_>;

堂堂!忠義の男!
    doudou! chuugi no otoko!
    Magnificent! A Man's Loyalty!

I get the feeling Kanon doesn't like her brother's methods for trying to bring her back.

Poor Takeru... keeps dreaming about his dad and waking up depressed. ; 3;

Now who's this giant douche popping out of a Ganma hole? Seems to be a Retainer or Family Servant/Guard given the context of his conversation... followed by an annoyed Alan mentioning (his own) father. Alan seems to be the son of an Emperor. (Or Lord, it might get subbed as 'Lord'. I'm going by ToQGer's "Emperor of Darkness" for 'heika'. >>) Also, the short answer is 'Jabel'. (ジャベル = Jaberu/Jabel.)

TIME FOR RASTAFARIAN SENNIN.

I like how Takeru basically tells him not to fuck around and tell him why Makoto's a Kamen Rider. >_>

Sennin gets sorta serious, but seems to tell him about the Eyecon showing up instead. > 3>
Benkei Book Entry wrote:忠義の荒法師
武蔵坊弁慶

chuugi no arahoushi
Musashibou Benkei

The Warrior Monk of Loyalty
Benkei Musashibou

Which progresses into the Info Tidbit/Trivia*:
Benkei Trivia wrote:偉人豆知識 武蔵坊弁慶
平安時代のお坊さん。
悪さをしていたが、源義経と出会い、
心を入れかえ、彼を守るために命を
かけて戦った。

ijin mame chishiki - Musashibou Benkei
heian jidai no obousan.
warusa wo shiteita ga, Minamoto to deai,
kokoro wo irekae, kare wo mamoru tameni inochi wo
kakete tatakatta.

Hero Info Tidbit - Benkei Musashibou
Heian-era Buddhist monk.
While causing mischief, he met Minamoto,
his heart changed, he risked his life in battle
in order to protect him.

MERCHANDISING MINUTE!
It felt really awkward to watch this part. @_@ Like I was kinda grateful for the mailman's appearance to get back to plot. Ignoring the fact that I would totally send out those Christmas Cards to friends and family alike, I realized their pushing of merchandise feels way more obvious than Gaim or Wizard. I feel like Drive was basically nothing but a toy commercial aired for half an hour every week, but in an attempt to go back to trying to make a TV Series with toys in it, they seem to have forgotten how. >> We write plot around merchandise.

....End Rant.

Onari, why are you sniffing the envelope like a bloodhound? >_>;

Also, if you've had those photos for a while, how has no one looked at them before now so as to recognize Alan's Minion? @ 3@ (lolplot)

Saionji's name is on the back with Igarashi and Tenkuuji.
    I had 西園寺 when he said his name as it was the one I could find. Handwritten kanji are rough for me. Since the last one; 'ji'; isn't written exactly like the typed kanji, but it matches the 'ji' in the previous name, "Tenkuuji" so it's correct. The second kanji of the name could be correct since I can't clearly tell if the line on the left of it is part of the whole or part of the first one and the writing is so close together that I can't clearly make out any other radicals to confirm or deny the correctness. The first one, of course, is absolutely wrong if no one messed up writing it. (I doubt they did.) But the closest I can find is 右 which I think is wrong?

Either way I do like that he has the exact same photo in his hand when we cut to him. > 3> lol

Akari gets excited that someone else thinks mysterious events can be explained by Science. YEAH SCIENCE! Onari and Takeru then leave the Science Book to her and find Benkei's fan to coo over.

After Igarashi runs away from the weird people looking at his things, Takeru invokes the name of his father, then gets attacked by a Ganma... which even Robin Hood lost somewhere in the confusion.

Alan has gone to see Makoto, who snarks back at him. Jabel doesn't like people who talk snarky at Alan-sama, so he roughs him up a little. Alan, annoyed, calls him off; telling him that it's fine, and that Makoto's different; and then storms away, confusing Makoto a bit.

Back at HQ, Akari reads through the Science book and finds a note in the back that she has Takeru read. The context of 'a traitor' has Akari guess at it being Saionji, which spurs Takeru to try to talk to Igarashi again.

Also, since it's rather clear during this scene, this episode's Calendar/Date: December 19th.

Takeru goes back to talk to Igarashi, his words echoing something his father had said to the man years ago. When the Ganma returns and attacks, Takeru loses his Eyecon to a slap. Igarashi then protects Takeru from the Ganma's blade, his pained words causing the fan to glow in sync with his own feelings. The Ganma then tells Takeru to hurry up an turn it into an Eyecon. Takeru realizes that's what it was after the whole time and gets kind of mad that they'd take someone's life so lightly. He does make the Benkei Eyecon from the fan, however, and sends Onari off with Igarashi.

LET'S TAKE THIS OUTSIDE.

...WHERE MAKOTO CAN SHOW UP AND BE ANGRY.

His interference, of course, allows the Ganma to escape, but he seems even more mad than usual as he attacks Takeru... Upping the ante with Tutankhamun, we have a Commercial Break! Of course. >> Dramatic Pause is Dramatic. o:
    CMのあと、喋る眼魂の秘密が明らかに!?
    CM no ato, shaberu AICON no himitsu ga akiraka ni!?
    "After the Commercial Break, the talking Eyecon's secret is revealed!?"

Takeru's grown a bit, though, and he's learned Specter's identity. He remembers him and Kanon. So the voice, his own knowledge. and Yurusen's comment about the Eyecon containing a girl's spirit, all let him realize that Kanon is in the Ganma Eyecon. His expression says that he's starting to understand and question things a lot more than he had been; including, I'm sure, starting to understand why Makoto seems so different than he remembers. He still doesn't know quite what happened 10 years ago, but I believe he's starting to realize that it's fairly important he continue to look into it.

Cut to Alan and Jabel overseeing another giant Ganma Mark appearing over the city.

Saionji cackling and "Keikaku doori desu!" (TN: Keikaku means plan, y'know.)

Sennin staring at the Monolith in the Temple basement all super-serious.

I'm a little curious about what Eyecon Makoto has that's blacked out. >_> Since I think it was at the end of Ep 8 too.

Please for the love of yaoi, don't be Necrom. I can think of about 50 ways it works to (still) have Alan as Necrom after all this. That'd better just be him able to use an Eyecon to become a Ganma or some shit. ;_;

Also, the betting pool was like 3 eps, wasn't it? My bet was "before ep 15". >_>; Welp. This rainbow suitcase says the bets are on now!
    集結!15の眼魂!
    shuuketsu! 15 no AICON
    Gathering! 15 Eyecons!

Translator Ramble/Tangent
*"Heian-era Buddhist monk.
While causing mischief, he met Minamoto,
his heart changed, he risked his life in battle
in order to protect him.
"

What this little blurb is referring to is Benkei's decision to post himself at Gojou Bridge in Kyoto, where he disarmed any swordsman that crossed his path. He had collected 999 swords, but upon meeting Minamoto no Yoshitsune, he was defeated. After that defeat, he became Minamoto's retainer and fought with him in the Genpei War. Despite being victorious there, when they returned home, they found that Yoshitsune's older brother; Yoritomo; had turned against him.

Benkei followed Yoshitsune for two years, as an outlaw, leading up to being surrounded at the castle of Koromogawa no tate. Yoshitsune went to the inner chamber to commit seppuku, and Benkei stood guard outside on the bridge to protect him. He killed over 300 soldiers, not allowing anyone to pass and get to Yoshitsune. After the battle should have been long over, the arrow-riddled, wound-covered Benkei was standing still, and the soldiers dared to move closer to investigate. Benkei had died while still standing. This event is also well-known as the "Standing Death of Benkei" (弁慶の立往生) and is used to help prove the depths of his loyalty and honor.

So... It's a lot to say in such a small area. The words I got didn't seem to convey it as well, but I liked the story myself... I wanted to pass it along. ^ 3^ Especially because it's likely a story that Japanese children are aware of or understand, but isn't a universal story that's clearly understood. Musashi's little info tidbit seemed more clear by comparison, but maybe I'm just not reading things quite clearly.

Either way, I liked the story.
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:56 am

Note that I only gave this a shot because Takeru read it out loud, slowly enough that I could understand what's scribbled here a lot better.

許せ。お前の代わりに
    死ねなかった私を。
    裏切り者に復讐するでも
    なく。お前の意志を
    __ぐ事も出来ない私を
    全てはお前の死と_に
    終わった。

yuruse. omae no kawari ni
    shine nakatta watashi wo.
    uragirimono ni fukushuu suru demo
    naku. omae no isho wo
    itsugu koto mo dekinai watashi wo
    subete wa omae no shito tomo ni
    owatta.

I would be willing to place a bet that I could get a face from every episode that makes Takeru look stoned... but for now, I'll just put this here because it's the perfect face for me trying to find the right words based on handwriting. X_X

Anyway, I got most of it. >< But I can't be completely sure of translation without those two kanji. The first one might actually be one kanji written all screwy based on "owatta". at the end there.

He really is a professor, though, that shit is Doctor's Handwriting to me. ;_;

Bah, I have to quite on this for now though, because it's giving me a headache and is super frustrating. Also, we'll find out what it says when Subs come out... So this was a silly exercise. ; 3;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Ep 10: Could You Tell The Plot By Faces Alone?

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:12 am

I put together all the goofy-ass faces of the ep, and wondered. What kind of plot would you guess at if I posted this alone?

No, but really, this is what's actually up. | +
    集結!15の眼魂!
    shuuketsu! 15 no AICON
    Gathering! 15 Eyecons!

I had a feeling Takeru would want to help Kanon... Akari and Onari realize that if he does that, though, he'll be risking his own disappearance. Takeru isn't giving up, he just wants to help Kanon.

Unfortunately, Akari, at this point, I don't think he wants to hear anything from you except, "I can fix Kanon." >_>;

I think this is the first time we've seen anyone transform directly into an alternative form, isn't it?
"For whose sake are you fighting for?" "Um..." / Guns V Guns. Good Counter, Takeru!

"I want to help you save Kanon-chan."
And once more, Makoto yells how soft he is. >_> Will you two please just kiss and make up already?

Makoto decides Rider Kicks solve everything. Well, Akari wants to protect Takeru. Takeru says that's silly and moves to protect Akari. Kanon's had enough of this bullshit and gives the Imouto Glare to the Kicking Specter. It's super-effective.

Jabel McDouchewaffle is in the bushes! ....aw, hell wait a second. You're not the dragon Ganma we saw with Saionji Nodentalplan are you? D:

"The Oniichan you are now is an Oniichan I don't know!" (Alternatively, "BRO, I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE.")

*yoink* ("MY LITTLE SISTER NOW!") "I'll break it her if you don't give me your Hero Eyecons."

....I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE 4TH EYECON IS. I just know it's the dark blue one that was blacked out.

I SAW YOU USE THE GANMA EYE TO LEAVE. I'M RIGHT, AREN'T I? ; A; Though, I can't tell if Makoto thinks Dragon Ganma IS Alan or was SENT BY Alan...

....either way, Alan seems to be enjoying himself at the stadium. >_>; And Jabel mentions something about "Orders from Alan-sama's Oniisama". Last episode, he mentioned Alan's father, the emperor, so... I am quite interested to learn more about this family now. >___>

....Run, Shibuya. Run away. ;_; He doesn't really want your spare change. Aw hell. D:

Takeru's expression is one that says "I don't want to talk about what happened, but I am going to blame Akari," despite not saying anything. Akari diffuses the conversation with a "HEY! LET'S GO LOOK AT THE MONOLITH IN THE BASEMENT, EH?" (Even Onari admits that Akari is behaving weirdly.)

Calendar/Date: December 20th.
I'm sorry, I just realized they made it abundantly clear what the date was.

Shibuya would like to see your toy collection, Takeru.

Onari is shocked that Shibuya would touch his knee!

Narita is also shocked!

Pffffahahaha. I mean... yeah, that's trouble, but... I'm sorry, that was hysterical. Ganma-possessed Shibuya basically subdues the others by just groping them inappropriately. XD;

SPIDER LANTERN SAW EVERYTHING.

"Narita. You hold Shibuya."
"BY MYSELF!?"

Well, shit then.
Ok, I'm admitting I was wrong about the Dragon Ganma's identity, but I hold onto an ounce of skepticism. It's not like we've never seen a bait-n-switch before, Sparkles. T 3T

Yurusen is excited about the four Eyecons after sending Takeru to go deal with the Wiggly Shibuya. Takeru, of course, then recognizes the Eyecons as Makoto's... (and of course they conveniently flipped the mystery Eyecon upside down. >_>)

...and then an angry Makoto storms over and transforms along the way.

Oh hello, Jabel McDouchewaffle. Always good to see you. You interrupted a sp--. Oh my, that's a Ganma-styled... Wait, that's kind of a dragon-esque looking... FINE. YOU WEREN'T AT ALL RELATED TO THE DRAGON THAT TAKERU OFFED. ...Man, why do you look more suited to an episode of Ultraman than Kamen Rider? Maybe Super Sent--

Oh! A Commercial!
    CMのあと、ついに15個の眼魂が集結!!
    CM no ato, tsuini 15 ko no AICON ga shuuketsu!!
    After the Commercial Break, all 15 Eyecons are finally gathered!

I can tell by the location that you two are going to get your collective shit rocked, and I would be correct. (Besides that, everyone knew you would. But I can definitely appreciate that pyrotechnics budget. o 3o)

So you're saying, the Toy Collector's Case can collect its own toys? Well good job, now everyone's going to want one. Do you know what that level of tech costs?

Uh. Makoto, I wouldn't run towards him, that doesn't look like a good thing... It's not making a good sound either. Three Mini-Enterprises have created a Twilight Makai Barrier... I figured out Saionji Nodentalplan's secret, everyone. He's a giant otaku and will do anything for first editions. INCLUDING KILL PEOPLE. (I do like how one of them was literally right beside a bird who didn't care at all.)
Judging by Jabel's face, I don't think this was part of the plan he was aware of. Of~ course, I'm not sure it was part of Alan's either. >_> Also, Keikaku still means plan. (Unless Kubo and his avatar, Aizen, have changed that in the last week.)

Of course, Akari was in the basement, so now she's in the Twilight Makai Barrier with Otaku Saionji and the glowing monolith. She is also then knocked the hell out by a wave of force that bodies her into the wall. I get a feeling this isn't going to go very well.

What I liked about this was how the eyecons from last ep were there for a moment, and then vanished. 8D

Next Ep:
OH HEY. IT'S THAT THING FROM EP 1 AGAIN. IN COLOR THIS TIME.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"

"GANMA CTHULHU, OBVS."

荘厳!神秘の目!
    sougon! shinpi no me!
    Magnificent! The Mystery of the Eye!

Shibuya and Narita were kinda fun/adorable as fuck this episode. o 3o~

Oh! Hey, 'Boost' is from the movie. "Father's Soul?" o: (Was what Takeru said.)
父との真相とは!?
chichi to no shinsou to wa!?
"The truth about father is...!?"/Probably more "The truth from my father...?" maybe.

Also, Adachi asks a lady to marry him or something.
史上最高の感動
shijou saikou no
"Record high excitement"

CARDS FOR EVERYONE!
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:35 pm

I love how the collection of faces you made makes me think that Takeru is having an endless orgasm and Makoto is just so fucking mad

With a small side story in which Onari becomes Spider-Man

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Re: Ep 9: The Turkey Killed My Sister.

Postby Benjamin » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:45 pm

Yoshino Shurensuki wrote:Saionji cackling and "Keikaku doori desu!" (TN: Keikaku means plan, y'know.)

Why do I get the feeling he's going to open the Ark of the Covenant?
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:57 pm

Because he will do literally ANYTHING to get dental coverage! ANYTHING! Even commit crimes against God! Even turn Moses into an Eyecon!

(I do see the resemblance to Mr. Black Hat Nazi from Raiders, though, but Saionji's a much less one-note character, thankfully.)

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:24 pm

But Graham. Opening a Portal to Ganma World is kinda like opening the Arc of the Covenant!! >_>
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:47 pm

OH SHIIIIIIIIIII

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Re: Ep 11: Persona Yurusen Granta

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:11 pm

荘厳!神秘の目!
    sougon! shinpi no me!
    Magnificent! The Mystery of the Eye!

Poor Yurusen.

Akari wakes up in time for the Rainbow Express.

Sennin disapproves of your shenanigans. I believe he also said something about "Idiot. It's useless without a belt."

It has begun.

Ganma GPS.

Takeru must go, his people need him.

Poor, Poor Yurusen. >_>

Makoto cries on the steps, wondering what he's doing this for. Apologizes to Kanon. Kanon tells Oniichan it's okay. (I believe she goes on to say that at least Takeru will live.)

Dude. Don't punch your leg with the hand that's holding the Imouto Eyecon. You'll break her. >_>;;

Oh. That was a 3D Summoning App. My bad. ('Undari' I believe.)

Welcome to Heaven. Go find Nanako; I mean Imouto.

But first, let's make you feel bad and remind you that you still really don't know what you're fighting for.

望みを述べよ。
nozomi wo nobeyo.
"State your Wish."

Of course we can't hear it yet. >_>;

"I've decided my Wish. ...My Wish is..."
*CUT TO INCOMING GANMA MOLDORMS*

Alan is not happy with Jabel's decision to summon the Moldorms on the Eyecon. They don't seem to understand what's going on either though. >_>;

We could have guessed that would be it. (Takeru's Wish.) Still adorable. *^ o^*

Makoto seems completely confused. Onari and Akari still don't seem happy about his Wish...

...oddly, neither does Sennin.
(nanto akira to otoko da)
"What did that boy give up?" I think. >>;

"Omae wa... hontou ni amai."
"You... really are soft." ('naive')

No, seriously, I'm really thinking you two should just kiss already. (フワフワあまい〜。) XD;

Now time for a quick Easter Egg Hunt for Eyecons. 8D

So. Pot Called! "Best Friends Again" - Ep 11. Justin, who won? >_>;

I see Takeru's got a good grasp of his Ghost powers now. >>!

Of course, we have all the Eyecons, so this is going to be a fight full of Ghost Changes. XD

I like how they're still hunting for Easter Eyecons and just throwing them at the two in mid-fight. XD;

....I KNOW WHERE WE ARE.

YOU'RE LITERALLY PUNCHING AND PULLING HIM WITH NEWTON. XDD I think this is either the rock where Sid bit it or where Kouta and Kaito were slammed into, isn't it? > 3>?

Finally, the power of Rider Kicks at 20 Paces... COMBINED!

CHEATER. (Sacrificing one of the four Moldorms so you can live. >_> )

Alan is displeased.

Alan is amused at Takeru and Makoto.

BUT MOSTLY DISPLEASED WITH JABEL. WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.
    CMのあと、意外なあの人が新しい眼魂を発見!?
    CM no ato, igai na ano hito ga atarashii AIKON wo hakken?
    "After the Commercial Break, an unexpected person finds a new Eyecon?"

Awwwwwww. Poor Yurusen! XDD Y'know, for the record, this ep, Fried Yurusen probably shouldn't be as giggle-inducing as it was. >_>;;
....I really expected poor Yurusen to get hit by Captain Ghost on the way down. Poor thing's had terrible luck all ep. ^ o^;;

I will not sing Stairway to Heaven. I swear. It IS kinda cool to see the Parka Ghosts finally do something on their own, though! Also, Musashi spoke! 8D

....well. Shit then. >_>
(Also, no, I don't care that the CG looks like it came from a Battride War cutscene. I've noticed that kinda CG sometimes since~... one of the Fourze movies I think. Sometimes the CG looks like it's from there and I don't really mind. .)

All that for... a Mega Rider Kick? >_>;

Hilariously, Takeru seems ready for a High-Five, but in his current Position, Makoto looks like he still wants to punch him. XD; ...which he does. Just not like he used to. > 3>

Then~ Onari shows up with "Goemon-dono, desu~!" before realizing the fight's over. >_>;

Meanwhile, Alan is still displeased.

Back at the Temple, Makoto and Kanon are happy in the sunset. It is just so odd to see Makoto suddenly smiling. @_@

LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL SUNSET.
THIS DOES NOT POSSIBLY PORTEND BAD THINGS. THIS IS A HAPPY ENDING. TAKE YOUR ANGST COOKIES AND GO HOME. WE WERE HAVING A NICE TIME UNTIL YOU SHOWED UP, JEEPERS-- Er. I mean...

Look! They still won't show us Makoto's other Eyecon! >_>;;

Next Ep:
SHOW'S OVER FOLKS. HAD A GREAT TIME. EVERYONE IS SAD THEN GOES HOME. SO FIRST LET'S USE BOOST IN A FIGHT THEN EVERYONE CAN GO.

壮絶!男の覚悟!
    souzetsu! otoko no kakugo!
    Heroic! A Man's Resolve!
    (Alternatively, "A Man's Resolution!" in reference to preparedness, being ready. >_>; )

In other news? "jfc Onari. XD"
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Crescent » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:10 pm

Graham said "within 3 eps" circa episode 7 just airing, so he's an episode off.

You said "before episode 15".

We can prolly just split the difference here >_>

Also can't be showing the Houdini eyecon when the related toys aren't out for another month u_u
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Re: Bacchiriminna~! I'm Going Ghost! (wap)

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:09 pm

Haha, I was closer. XD ...but yes.

Graham also believes it's Houdini. You guys're prolly accurate. o 3o~ We know it's a dark blue, at least. lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Addendum? Mostly rambley thoughts. o 3o

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:51 am

Also, I like how Alan's realizing something else is going on. The mention of Emperor Dad to him and Jabel/Javelle/Javel/Javert.... Sir McDouchewaffle's actions are telling him something up, but he doesn't know what. McDouchewaffle's mention of Alan's older brother has me interested though.

Accidentally saw a question on the KRG Tumblr that asked about, "It says that in ep 12, Alan; with two Eyecons in hand; goes to meet a mysterious person... Do you think he's going to meet Necrom?" to which the response was "I don't think he's going to meet Necrom. I still think Alan is going to be Necrom. His reason still isn't clear yet, though." (To kinda paraphrase.)

I got excited because we'd all kind of agreed that Alan screamed "Dark Rider" since the start and it felt kinda good to see that someone else thought so too.

The trouble is that Graham had just convinced me that maybe it wouldn't be Alan since we saw the design.

.....Spoiler, though; if you hadn't figured it out by now; it seems like Saionji Nodentalplan got obliterated. >_>; As mentioned once before though, it's not like we've never seen any kind of Bait-n-Switch before. He could come back because of how he got obliterated, we don't understand what exactly happened in 'Heaven'. (I'm mostly calling it that because it reminded me of Nanako's dungeon, yes. >_>; The joke is also too tasty to pass up.)

So... unless the power he was after granted him a Genomon-like Rider Form and it IS who Alan (and McDouchewaffle, I think?) got to see... I'd like to place a guess that it might be Alan's brother! Or even his father, but I get a feeling he's kinda more important and likely not going to be revealed (much) or seen until later like they seem to like to do. >>;

Or maybe it is some random, unknown person. >_>;

But either way, they're continuing along the track of Alan getting tired of everyone else's bullshit and kinda going Rogue Rider. >_> Despite the fact it does look like ScubaGenomon or something, he could hijack what Nodentalplan left behind, combine it with Ganma powers and tell his family to go fuck themselves, he can make his own decisions and plans. <_< *shrug~?*

I think I just really want to see Alan as a Rider.

I love Takeru, but Alan's kinda quickly grown on me. I mean... seriously.
I mean just look at that stylish bastard.
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby MasterDJ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:14 am

We need to have a talk about what "stylish" is. This motherfucker is looking less like an big evil and more like he should be going "Ultimate Makeup!". Juuuust saying.

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:34 am

> 3> I think Takeru's also pretty stylish and he's wearing a slightly altered outfit that's nearly a pallet swap away from what Anubis wears.

I think Alan is closer to Auren's Live Disguise.

I may have some bias. XD;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion