Bacchiriminna~! I'm Going Ghost!

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

Ep 12: Show's Over. JUST KIDDING. RESET!

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:22 am

壮絶!男の覚悟!
    souzetsu! otoko no kakugo!
    Heroic! A Man's Resolve!

Can't tell if that's supposed to indicate we've moved ahead to the end date of January 10th or if it's like a few days after last ep. >_>;

...given Akari's injury, I'll say next day or so. <_<; Also, Onari's of course overdramatically freaking the hell out while Akari's trying to figure out what's going on. (They deal with stress in their own ways, but Onari, even when he's serious, tends to make me laugh a little. > 3>; )

I do like that Takeru's first thought in this 'time of crisis' is to go read his book. *>>*
I mean, I can't say shit because Shugo's had a similar reaction to lots of things. >_>;;;

They know they're missing Eyecons, so they're short to even see if they can attempt what Saionji did again. Takeru has 8, Makoto has 3... they need 4 more. Onari poses dramatically and runs off to pass that information on to Narita and Shibuya.

That... That is the best art. Also the best plan. "HAVE YOU SEEN ANY OF THESE THINGS?" XD

Woop. Calendar. My wondering is over. It is, in fact, December 21st, which then gets crossed off. Montage time? Montage time. >_>;

Takeru seems... oddly at ease about all this.

Makoto and Kanon in the hospital.

Alan snarks about his little sister; at least according to Makoto's face.

"You understand that if you do this, you'll be a traitor, right?" "I know."

Alan really *really* doesn't like Takeru now. >_>;;

"Are you sure you should let him go?" "You can't talk, you dun fucked up with the Gundari. T_T Gimme the Eyecons you have." "But. D:" "GIVE." "......Fiiiine."

(I have no smartass comments for this, I'm too busy laughing at Alan's hair.)

Alan takes his toys and leaves. (Literally.)

Jabel now super-angry.

With the New Year's Events, Takeru seems to realize the clock is ticking pretty fast...

New Year's pic! Akari's kimono is super-adorable, Onari's face is absolutely *great*, and Takeru's smile is wonderful. Narita looks kinda goofy, and Shibuya looks kinda unsure. But I like this picture. ^ 3^

I kinda like the progression of time... and I'm getting the feeling that Takeru is sort of just trying to enjoy himself with what time he has left; having accepted his decision that he made.

That's.... adorable, Takeru.
...omg, Akari, just accept it. >_>;

Jabel, what're you doing... D:

; 3; Poor Onari. Crying over the sink.

Meanwhile, Akari flings all the books onto the floor, plops onto her butt and sobs.

Takeru... seems restless himself. ; 3; ♥︎

....I think that is the most serious we've seen Onari yet. (I understand why, but wow his expression feels different.)

Just in this short time, they've been able to show that while Takeru's actually kinda lost and scared himself, he's doing his best for the others around him. I feel sadder just knowing that. ; ^;

...oh. That's what he was doing. D: Not poor Shibuya. He's already been picked on. ; 3;

Takeru, however, seems worried...

YOU TIED HIM TO A BENCH.

It's a beach, therefore, dramatic fighting shall ensue. Takeru understandably jobs, but at least Makoto showed up pretty fast!

Sennin mentions that it seems like Takeru's time is up...

More feelz. ; 3; Ahaha... Akari called him an idiot. To which he smiled.; 3;
(That disappearance also brings to mind Soma's death back S2. x: I blame the effect.)

I really don't have a lot to say about this whole thing, I'm too busy having feelz. I blame this partially on the fact that I lost my dear Aunt just recently, so it kind of hit some notes for me... but Takeru's whole conversation with his dad is beautiful. ♥︎ I considered just leaving it as the CMBreak, but... I wanted to share the reunion.
    CMのあと、ゴーストが新フォームで奇跡の復活!?
    CM no ato, GOOSTO ga shin FOOMU de kiseki no fukkatsu!?
    "After the Commercial Break, Ghost's new form and a miracle revival!?"

I admit it's hard to tell if Sennin is being serious or mocking their sadness given his past characterization, but I think he liked Takeru enough to be kinda sad. I think Yurusen's actually sad, though. >_>

That was not the re-entrance I was expecting, Takeru, but I'll take it. XD;

I think what he said was basically "He's (so much/a lot) like his father". Then I think he tried to high-five Yurusen. XD His face is fantastic. XD

Y'know, the Boost Eyecon's pretty cool. o 3o~

........Okay, he literally exploded when he hit the trigger and Onari looks like he's waving a wizard's staff back there.

......Justin, this reads (to me) like a Mid-Season Power-Up Henshin. >_> So~, I dunno now. ; 3; lol

I think what I like the most about this shot is that Akari looks thoroughly unimpressed.

Nope. Even in action. I really wanted to be impressed by the Sunglasslasher (Sunglass Slasher). >_>... They still look too much like Dollar Store Shades. ; 3; I do, however, appreciate the joke of sunglasses covering two Eye(con)s, though. XD 8D
....I got a distinct Princess Sailor Moon (Eh. Mute the sound...) off that, Ghost. Knocking the incoming fireballs off to the side then just slashing down the enemy. It was effective, of course, but. > 3>; I think it's Takeru's characterization that drew that memory up. <_<; Also, "Now that's a HOT RIDER KICK!" There, I said it. > 3> ^ 3^;

...oh c'mon, Makoto, don't go back to being Terui. >_>; Akari looks annoyed at that and Onari looks kinda flabbergasted.

.....So. What his father did was reset his time limit. Takeru has another 99 days to collect 15 Hero Eyecons.

Eyecons: Same as last week! Except that now the borders have the shiny new Boost Eyecon. 8D

Next Ep:
Is that maybe the mysterious blacked-out (Houdini) Eyecon? Takeru begging a man. Makoto being Tsundere again. "The Ganma that killed me!?" o 3o;; Onari being Onari.

......I can't even tell what's going on next ep.
However, Goemon is used in all his Glow-In-The-Dark Glory. >_>;;

豪快!自由な男!
    goukai! jiyuu na otoko!
    Excited! A Free Man!

Ahahaha, those faces. That Eyecon. omg.

83 All the Legendary Rider Eyecons!

83 I'm kind of excited for Gaim Change because... well I liked Gaim. Drive can speed off a cliff. >_>;;

....also, for some reason, this song is stuck in my head after all that...
phpBB [media]

Also, after watching, I could only think, "Man, I... i don't know if I want to have a lot of images for this one. Half of the effect of most of these scenes is just the visuals. Which I think screenshots may have a hard time expressing..."

@ 3@ This ep made me cry. But again, I think part of that was some cues that hit my "You just lost your Aunt" button... but it wouldn't have if they didn't do a good job with the whole thing.

And for anyone wondering, it was my Aunt Casey. My friend who died in March of 2014? (That Cam had drawnthat pic of Mittens to cheer me up with?) Casey was her mother. Julie was my friend since Middle School and Casey helped me so much growing up with a lot of things.

So... yeah, this ep kinda hit a buncha cues that made it probably more emotional that it might be for you guys. Still, I really liked the ep as a whole.

Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Moar Scans! (January Terebi-kun)

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Couldn't find any leftover copies of December's issue, which means I didn't get to see if there was anything about the Santa Soul, but I found the last one of January's! ^ o^ Which had the Kamen Rider Ghost Hyper Battle DVD in it! 83 (I also got the last Die Cast Sailor Moon capsule. (I got the Prism Heart Compact. ^ o^/ )

Unfortunately, my computer's Disc Drive no longer works. ><

But! We made the PS4 Region 2! We agreed that the PS4 would be Region 2 and we'd leave the XBox as Region 1. So if we do decide to watch any DVDs, it'll have to be on XBox. But now we can buy DVDs from Kinokuniya and watch them! ^ o^

Takeru looked... really good as Tut. *>>*

Ikkyuu Hero Trivia wrote:偉人豆知識 一休
室町時代にいたとんち上手なお坊さん。
みんながとけないむずかしい問題にも、
とんちで答えてみせ、あっとおどろかせた。

ijin mame chishiki - Ikkyuu
muromachi jidai ni ita tonchi jyouzu na obousan.
minna ga tokenai muzukashii mondai ni mo,
tonchi de kotaete mise, atto odorokaseta.

Hero Info Tidbit - Ikkyuu
A quick-witted, skillful Buddhist monk of the Muromachi Period.
Everyone came to him with unsolvable or difficult problems,
but he surprised them with answers, using his quick wit in surprising ways.

On that note, I really desperately need to share what Google gave me... that didn't help in the slightest.
Google wrote:Tonchi skillful monk who was in the Muromachi period.
Also in difficult issues that everyone does not melt,
it Mise answered in Tonchi, was surprised Jack Robinson.

Everyone does not mel-- JACK ROBINSON!?

Graham wrote:1:16 PM Graham: ONARI LOVES FAT CHICKS PASS IT ON
1:16 PM Graham: I'm not even talking marshmallow girls here this girl is built like a balloon
1:20 PM Graham: BUT TOO BAD ONARI
1:20 PM Graham: SHE WANTS THE GHOST D

Kamehameha Soul - Looks to be a special one. Graham, however, has stated that he, "can't defend that". XD

Not Ghost, but Still Related

Ha-Ou ToQ Dai-Oh! XD (I'm actually way more excited for this movie than the Ghost Drive Movie. x: )
AIM wrote:12:27 PM Justin: is there Santa Soul too? u_u Or that prolly would've been December
12:32 PM Jess: There was that, though. XD
12:33 PM Justin: Why ; 3; I miss the days where there'd just be a mecha fight with both teams' swag
12:33 PM Graham: Because TRAIN HA-OH COMPLETING FORMATION
12:33 PM Graham: also Ninninger's whole thing is robots on robots on robots so
12:34 PM Justin: though I should digress u_u That's just silly
12:35 PM Justin: there's been some decent precedent before
12:35 PM Justin: GoGoV vs Gingaman had Victory Mars with the Lights of Ginga and that was pretty cool u 3u

Not Ghost, but in the Same Magazine

Graham saw this and after noticing it was Pokemon, could only comment, "Boy, Pokemon's sure lookin' pretty Digimon there..." so... I had to scan the two pages and post it here. > 3>; Because relevant to the board and all. <_<;

Uh... the, uh, Back Page was Adorable. >_>;

Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Impromptu Basement Cosplay

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:57 pm

After complaining about how cold it was, Takeru, Akari, and Onari decide to go down to the lab and dress up as each of the Souls/Eyecons we know about (/have) so far. Akari hogged the Scientists, of course, taking Edison and Newton, but also pulled off a fairly convincing Nobunaga! o 3o Onari was Robin Hood and Beethoven. XD; Takeru was Musashi, Billy the Kid, and Tutankhamun.

I realized they were all visible on the cover of the DVD Pocket. So I scanned that for everyone to see these costumes. > 3> Enjoy. ^ 3^ Yes, click it to see the bigger pic since the costume pics are small. 83

一休眼魂争奪! とんち勝負!!
"Ikkyuu Eyecon Contest! Battle of Wits!"

Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

January Infocomic Translation

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:29 am

[Raw Scan] | [Transcript]

You don't understand how very very tempting it was to use Papyrus for Tutankhamun's name...
IT WAS SUPER-TEMPTING. IT LOOKED SO PURTY.

...but it did feel; admittedly; a little cheap, and I had to admit to Graham that they used the same font for both Billy and Tut in the original text. Also, I do recognize that it really kinda changed the whole spacial arrangement.

......But.... But Papyrus. >_>

Slight Ramble/Rant

I felt kinda cheated on Tutankhamun's entry. I freely admit it might be because I've always kinda liked Egyptian History and such. *>_>* (I MEAN, YOU WOULD NEVER GUESS, RIGHT?) I did try to stay as close to what was printed as possible, but I found myself arguing with what I was understanding. So I ended up kind of rambling down here to make up for it a little.

The Timeframe is literally "14th century BC". I know he only lived like 17-19 years, and those years aren't specific, [somewhere around 1341~1336 to 1327~1323 BC] but... this almost felt like a, "Eh... Screw it, you guys know Ancient Egypt, right? Good enough."

It kinda sorta hurt to figure out the best way to word "Famous Ancient Egyptian King in the Pyramid," since he wasn't even buried in a pyramid. He was in the Valley of the Kings. X_X; The Pyramids were built during the like... 26th century BC. Sort of 'already ancient' when Tut came about... he had nothing to do with them. It is accurate enough to say that he was a ruler 'by' the Pyramids, though.

Also... I learned that the word for "mummy" is another Portuguese word. (Similar to the UK/'inglês' from November's Infocomic.) Mummy is ミイラ or 'mirra'. (Which I thought was going to be some weird thing about King Tut's 'mirror' and that would've.... probably been a snapping point. >_>; )

....Finally I walked away and came back to it the next day after I slept and beat into my head that this is supposed to be 'for kids' and fun, so a High School History Lecture might not be a good idea.

So, "King Tut was a King by the famous pyramids. His mummy had a golden mask, isn't that neato?"

....I'll be damned if I could work with the little jingle ("PIRAMIDDO wa sankaku! ouke no shikaku!") because after translating the info blurb, the context made me understand how bad it all is. ;_;

Gaaaaaaah! ANYWAY. IT IS DONE. I CAN STOP THINKING ABOUT IT NOW. ; A;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Re: Bacchiriminna~! I'm Going Ghost!

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:12 pm

I can attest that Jess was super mad about the Pyramids thing. u 3u To be fair, it is...it is dumb. >_>; Especially in a show that's generally been pretty accurate about things! They didn't even keep up the myth that Edison totes invented the lightbulb! <_<;

Ah well. >_>;; We'll blame insular Japanese culture and it's not like we're all experts on their history, lol~

I'm excited for next month's because I am PUMPED to see the second part of this Hyper Battle, I tell you what. >_>

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby MasterDJ » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:55 am

>_>;; Did Benkei really need half the page? I get it, Japanese hero character, Japanese show, but damn that fantastic racism is showing.

And hey, don't feel bad, Jess. I still haven't forgiven the show for using Edison and not fucking Tesla the same way some people will never forgive Star Wars for Jar-Jar.

EDIT: Also didn't realize Anubis kept the Yoshino surname. He getting a separate profile?

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Postby Crescent » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:10 am

Fate got you covered, bro >_>

Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:31 am

I've been thinking about it, yeah. > 3> It'd help keep some shit straight without cluttering up Shugo's profile. ^ 3^;

And Season 4...

<_< Yeah, I'll work on that. > 3>
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Ep 13: No Apologies. Switch On!

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:53 am

豪快!自由な男!
    goukai! jiyuu na otoko!
    Excited! A Free Man!

Takeru's at his father's grave again, Makoto joins him.

Makoto admits to Takeru that he and Kanon disappeared to Ganma World 10 years ago.

MEANWHILE ON THE SHADOW LINE, IN SHADOWVEIL, GANMA LAND.

...........okay, the sword I get, but the ASTRONAUT HELMET caught me off-guard. >_>; Ohhh. That's the same kind of sword... well, that explains a few things. >>
これで「サイオンジ」がいいなくても
眼魔に力を癒合することが出来る

kore de saionji ga ii nakute mo
ganma ni chikara wo yugou suru koto ga dekiru

"Even without Saionji, the Ganma's power can be combined with objects".
Or, "Haha. I didn't need that dipstick. I can do it too." >_>;

I believe he's wondering where his brother is before taking the Ganma out to play.

.........and then I get reminded that I am hungry. Damnit, Ghost. D8

Where were we? ...oh right, Ganma Playtime.

The only one who actively threw/'dropped' their device when it went wonky. >_>

SURPRISE! POSSESSION! Kind of neat that a formed Eyecon jumped someone though. 8D
He seems to be happy to have a body again after so long. This won't be a problem at all. Nope!

Takeru puts Musashi up to his ear and plugs his other one. The universal symbol of "please shut up, I'm trying to hear something."

Onari wonders what he's doing.

...to which Takeru explains that he's trying to hear Musashi's voice.

Akari reminds Takeru that his time was reset, so he still has to find the rest of the Eyecons. Onari looks kind of upset, as if he remembered from last episode again.

"Yeah, but dad said I have to listen to them." "How're you gonna do that?" "I dunno." Remembering Musashi yelled at him during that fight against Jabel, though, he gets the idea to ask Sennin about all this.

Sennin seems more serious than usual, and... as Akari just did, reminds Takeru he's only got another 99 days thanks to his father's soul. ("He and his father's soul," ...thereabouts.)

Then seems to have an epiphany and changes the subject to the Hero of the Day. >_>;

Ryouma Book Entry wrote:幕末の風雲児
坂本 龍馬
bokumatsu no fuuunji
Sakamoto Ryouma

Rebellious Ronin of the Late Edo Period
Ryouma Sakamoto

"SAKAMOTO RYOUMA! .........Damnit, Sennin, I even asked you to wait!"
Ryouma Trivia wrote:偉人豆知識 坂本龍馬
幕末に各地の武士を団結させ、
日本をより良くしたいという夢に
命を捧げた。

ijin mame chishiki - Sakamoto Ryouma
bokumatsu ni kakuchi no bushi wo danketsu sase,
nihon wo yori yokushitai toiu yume ni
inochi wo sasageta.

Hero Info Tidbit - Ryouma Sakamoto
At the end of the Edo period,
he traveled to various places and united the samurai;
he was dedicated to the dream of a strong, Imperial Japan.

Although, he seems less angry at him and more kind of sad. My poor little Cinnamon Roll. ; 3;

OH RIGHT, GANMA PLAYTIME WAS HAPPENING. Which apparently shocks the life out of people using electronics. (We all knew they were dangerous, right?)
Hot shit, what? Wow, did that Ganma just literally murder all those people and take their souls? >_>; Are we upping the ante to this level right now? (Or are they just captured?)

I uh... I have a question about this...

...but that will have to wait because Businessman Ryouma will see you now.

"That guy has an Eyecon."

Which, of course, Takeru takes to mean he's possessed by a Ganma. Ushers people away, transforms, and grabs the man... shaking him angrily and shouting about said Ganma.

"No no, kid. Not a Ganma. That's the Ryouma Eyecon." "........What!?"

Poor Takeru. >_>; Of course, Onari is excited, Akari is confused, Takeru is apologetic. Things feel normal.

Takeru apologized profusely, then begged Ryouma to join him/work alongside him.

Ryouma called Takeru gross/disgusting. >>;;; (Or at least that his hands were feeling that way.)

Ryouma mentions the "Satchou Doume" 「薩長同盟」or the Satsuma-Choushuu Alliance/Satchou Alliance when Takeru replies about the Ganma and how terrible they are. (They're quite terrible.)
I believe Ryouma (seems to) want to ally with Takeru for now at least; against the Ganma, which I theorize he's equating to the shogunate that he was against in the Edo period. Of course I could be way off here... the Trivia was super-confusing to translate... ask Graham. >_>;

As Onari begins to explain the Alliance, thus confusing Takeru on what Ryouma means, he gets a phone call.

PRANK CALLER.

Then everyone's phones go off.

Calling Yurusen for help and confusing Akari, Yurusen tries to flee. Takeru is having none of this. >_>

Akari then smacks Onari for a ride and they run off after Takeru.

Ryouma seems sort of amused.

Having grabbed Yurusen, Takeru is then led to one of the Ganma having fun.

The other one then cuts in. Which of course triggers flashbacks. Takeru's sure he beat this Ganma.

Still, we're not screwing around this time.

After Spider Lantern-dono shows Onari and Akari what's going on, Onari goes to toss Goemon to Takeru. But~ Makoto shows up first.

Specter takes Electric Astronaut Soul Eater while Ghost takes on the Clone of his Killer.

.......SATURN, READY? OKAY! SATURN! (Astronaut Ganma flings planets. I really should have expected that. >_>; )

Which Makoto, of course, cares nothing about and just kicks them, before Ghost Changing to Nobunaga.

Well that's the second time Onari tries to get Takeru to take Goemon... this time, Takeru switches to Edison.

Superman arrives and tells Takeru that he's seen enough to want to ally with him.

Takeru is still confused, then Superman returns to being Clark Kent in a flicker of color.

....but then Takeru also has a strange flicker.

......well that was weird. >_> But, apparently, Takeru didn't notice anything himself.

Takeru walks home with Clark Kent... whom he tells is possessed by Sakamoto Ryouma. After an exchange of "Really?" "Really." "Really really?" Yes." ... Mr. Kent yells that Sakamoto Ryouma is his Hero! He loves him! Lucky for Takeru!

His dream is space. Oh my.

Tamura Nagamasa is Mr. Kent's name... (and he's apparently poked a sensitive button for Takeru.)

Meanwhile, the Ganma check in with Alan.

...who is still quite angry at Takeru. >>;

SATELLITE.

Mr. Kent continues rambling about Space to the wrong Rider Takeru, who seems distracted... or uninterested. The latter of which the poor man takes his expression to mean. Takeru apologizes and asks Tamura-san about Ryouma again. There is mention of a katana... and that it's with his (Tamura's) father; whom he'd been on the phone with earlier just before he got possessed by the Ryouma Eyecon.

Akari and Onari point at a map and try to figure out where the Ganma are stationed.

Tamura takes Takeru to his father's factory. He encourages Tamura to go in and talk to his father. Tamura shows his father a blueprint for a second Data Link Satellite. He's then told to get lost. >_>;

Takeru notices their names... and remembers "Sacchou Doume". (The original 'satchou' name came from combining the names of the Satsuma and Choushuu provinces. Takeru does the same thing here by combining the same kanji from the beginning of 'Nagamasa'/長正 and 'Satsunoshin'/薩之進) Suddenly he seems to understand what Ryouma said earlier; though he's confusing the shit out of Nagamasa's dad. >_>

Superman Ryouma returns, and prods Takeru again after Clark Kent Nagamasa says that he told Takeru 'talking to his father would be pointless'.

Oh hey, Sword Ganma Returns!

Takeru's not having any of this shit again.

BOOOOOOST.
    CMのあと、サングラスラッシャーでトドメの攻撃!
    CM no ato, SANGURASURASSHAA de TODOME no kougeki!
    "After the Commercial Break, Sunglasslasher's Final Attack!"

And now that we're back, it's night time! Hey! Wings're cheating!

I love the kabuki/samurai movie-stlyed sound effects for this fight. XD (Also, the long length of Goemon's Parka and seeing it in action does help me picture the trenchcoat-length parka a Garo Soul would have. > 3> Yes. ^ 3^)

*POP!* Yurusen arrives to tell Takeru he should open the sunglasses... he does figure out what to do from there on his own, though. Ore + Boost Eyecons go in the holes. A new jingle is singing as the Ganma tries to figure out what he's doing.

メガマブシー!/mega mabushii~! - Not only an eye pun, (Bright Eyes/eyes are bright) but can be taken as "Super Bright"... Takeru's future is so bright... well, you know what he has to do. >_> (8D I'm not apologizing. For the jokes/puns nor the songs.)

OMEGA SHINE~!

FIREWORKS and Kabuki!

Well, that looks worrisome. The Satellite Control Center? Ah! It IS worrisome! Hello, Alan! Thaaaaat can't be good.

Meanwhile, Akari's Wi-Fi spazzes ou-- oh wait, no, just Ganma.

Sennin doesn't look like this is a good thing either.

Alan, however...

NEXT TIME:
Akari passes the hell out! Oh hey, Alan's brother! Musashi Speaks! UCHUU KITAA! I mean, Ryouma Soul!

絶景!地球の夜明け!
    zekkei! chikyuu na yoake!
    Superb View! Earth's Dawn!
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:11 am

So we finally have Heroic Souls possessing people. >_> I was wondering when that'd come up, haha. Ryouma's a bit of an esoteric choice, but still, pretty cool concepts at work here. Also that uh. That Ganma World, damn. @_@;

Akari and Onari continue to be the TRUE DYNAMIC DUO of this show.

Also Yurusen continues to be the best. Although this means Gaim officially better, Kouta didn't have to have ghost girl teach him about the operation of the Genesis Core. :P

FINALLY HOLY SHIT ALL THE FOURZE REFERENCES >______> THEY WEREN'T KIDDING WHEN THEY MENTIONED SPACE IN THAT SCAN, that fucking Satellite even looks like the M-BUS.

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:08 am

You leave my Cinnamon Roll alone. ; 3; Yurusen has a history of telling him shit he already knew by yelling at him. D:

Also, fuck it, I was going to edit my post, but I'll toss it here. I forgot the Eyecon Count. Because I thought the blue Eyecon we see here; Ryouma; was the one they've been hiding, but it's still hidden for Makoto, so it may be Houdini... the colors looked the same, though? Maybe he grabbed Houdini after they all asploded. It's possible he originally had Ryouma before hootenanny occurred. >_>;

Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby MasterDJ » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Is Makoto even trying?

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Ep 14: You Don't Bring a Knife to a Ganma Fight.

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:25 pm

This episode: Takeru is adorable. He's such a dork. I absolutely love this little Cinnamon Roll. ♥︎♥︎♥︎
    絶景!地球の夜明け!
    zekkei! chikyuu no yoake!
    Superb View! Earth's Dawn!

High Tension Start! Ganma Dots spread out fast, Akari's WiFi still bad.
Takeru wants to run off and Deal with All of the Problems™. Onari and Akari again tell him to let them help/leave it to them.

Meanwhile, Ryouma is eating a delicious hot pot and kind of smiling at the shenanigans.

Takeru and Clark Kent then head off, Takeru trying to figure out how to make this 'alliance' work between father and son, then asks about this project/Nakamasa's 'dream'.

Sitting on a bench, they have a discussion, Nakamasa shows him a picture of his family as he explains that they worked together as one, everyone wanted to reach the same goal. He even smiles nostalgically.

.....then Takeru asks what happened. The answer is, "My brother died."

This just in: Cars Still Deadly.

After hearing this, Takeru is filled with DETERMINATION.

That is far too many little X's...

Akari tells the boys that a radio wave/signal likely came from the area that she's circled. Onari agrees to head off and check it out with Shibuya... and tells Narita to stay behind and be Akari's Support. >_> This is how that went:

Akari then remembers that Makoto is still relevant and calls him.

Makoto goes Tsundere about helping Takeru and the others. Kanon tells him "I'm okay. Go help Takeru and the others." You can tell he was waiting for that by this smirk:

Takeru remembered he has Ghost Powers!

Takeru finds Papa Tamura also staring at the pic of him with his sons and speaking apologetically.

After scaring the old man because he corporealizes out of nowhere, Takeru then makes a lovely speech. mentioning the romanticism of space for a man/'Man's Romance with Space'.

.....Papa Tamura then promptly tells him to GTFO.

Meanwhile, Onari is wandering the Lost Woods and asking his Akari GPS if she's really sure this is where he's supposed to be looking.

"JUST GO. T_T"

"I'm telling you, there's no 'Left' turn on this road! T_T"

Shibuya, however, decides to do something both smart and dumb... he checks something out with the Spider Lantern; which does make the Ganma visible!

....this is why I said "and dumb". >_>

Takeru grumbles about these two. Nakamasa then tells him "No, really, it's fine. Just give up already." ...Takeru too Determined.

As Superman!Ryouma returns, he mentions Ryu; Takeru's dad. But before he can really start thinking about what that meant, Takeru then pulls Condor Phone out his Hammerspace Pocket to receive screaming in his ear from Shibuya about 'help' and 'Ganma' and then a trip and drop phone as Onari and he are surrounded by the Ganma that spotted them.

As he goes to run off, Ryouma stops him. Takeru doesn't understand why.

Meanwhile, Makoto rushes in to save the day!

...and then calls Takeru to basically say "Everything's Under Control. You Do You. I'll Do Me." Which confuses Takeru, but he thanks him anyway.

Takeru's Determination Level then increased again. He's going to go try again with Nakamasa's dad.

......so to answer your previous question, Cam... Yeah, Makoto's still trying. > 3>

Third Time's the Charm: Takeru decides that Hugs and Kindness aren't going to help him in this case... and ends up yelling at both of them that they're being really stupid about this. They should work together to make sure the dead son/brother's wishes/memory carries on. 'Tough Love' is a success!

Takeru does follow that up with a little celebration. > 3>

Akari has Narita put a sticker on a new map... (or, maybe the map they were using is a wipe-off one. >_>)

Akari finds what is in the region that was generating radio waves/a signal.

Alan thinks about the conversation he had with his brother about the power of the Hero Eyecons. Alan figures out that his brother gave Jabel an order involving them. (I can't quite tell if he knows specifically what it was or just that it was his brother's order.) Alan, however, isn't really happy... >_> At all.

Now Broadcasting Live!

Which, of course, is causing a problem thanks to that whole hijacked satellite...

Akari then decides to use a phone in a thunderstorm put her phone back up to her head after it made a terrible sound despite knowing the Ganma were doing something involving radio waves/signals. >_____> SCIENCE GIRL, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. ....ah but at least it's a two-for, eh? (Poor Narita. D: )

Soul-sucking Satellite. Literally! o:

To which it transports and transmits those bajillions of souls to AstroGanma. Alan seems unimpressed so far.

Then seems...

Back with Akari and Narita's bodies, however, Sennin is definitely not happy.

Takeru, of course, can see the soul, and his instinct is to catch it. Naturally. This, of course, gives him a flash of the man's family. ...Determination Intensifies. (Soul Grip not as solid as expected.)

...Hi, Yurusen. >_>

I just love how calmly this whole thing went until it registered with Takeru what the little ghost puppet actually said:
"Mmm. The Ganma are taking their souls."
"...Souls?"
"Mhm souls."
".....UNFORGIVABLE! I'M GONNA GO NOW."
To which he hurries off, then realizes... technology's kind of a bitch, isn't it. >_>;

Street Dance Fight, GO! ...wait, wrong series. D:

Takeru gives a very strong speech about how he's going to protect everyone's lives. His Determination Level has peaked! So much so his own/the Ore Eyecon is glowing!

Takeru's determination has drawn forth the Ryouma Soul by resonating with him.

Ryouma Soul GET! 8D

"Okay, time to stop fuckin' around."

...Something makes me keep laughing at this "GET THEM, MY MINIONS!" pose. I wonder what it is. >_>

OH HELLO, ALAN. o 3o;; Makoto seems surprised to see you, but you're looking rather jealous today. (Note that the blurry shots are because he's actually moving fast enough that it's hard to get a clear screenshot of his 'hello punches'. >_>;
    CMのあと、ゴーストが宇宙にキター!?
    CM no ato, GOOSUTO ga uchuu ni KITAA!?
    "After the Commercial Break, It's Space Ghost Time!?" (Sorry Not Sorry. >_>)

It's time for the Tamuras to start hacking the Ganma-hijacked satellite as a team.

Ghost and Specter have distanced themselves to fight, and it seems like Specter's getting BTFO.

Specter tries to use his third Hero Eyecon, but it will not activate. (DESPITE MY BEST ATTEMPTS, I CANNOT READ THAT. I MAY NOT HAVE TO, BUT FOR NOW, I WILL JUST KEEP CALLING IT HOUDINI.) "Still no, huh?" >__>

Alan glare.

Father-Son Hacking Team: Success! They regained control of the Command Center!

Onari's excited cheering is the best.

Time for Ryouma! ^ o^

.....so, AstroGanma literally became a rocket and took off. That happened. >_> He did tell Alan to run, to which Alan said he'd leave it to the Ganma and bolted.

"He went to space?!" "TAKERUUUUUUUU! WATCH THIS~! CAPTAAAAAAAAAIN GHOOOOOOOOOOST!" Yurusen is so excited about this... >_> *YOINK* .....Oh that's why. XD Takeru.... you need to stop forgetting you're a ghost. XD; ("Oh right... I'm a ghost...")

Okay, everyone, IT'S SPACE TIME! 8D
(No, literally, Takeru yelled 'Uchuu ni KITAA!' and as you can see... totally did the move. XD He's so excited.)

FIRE. IN SPACE.

Anubis: Ghost Fire.

.....point. >_>;

A Winner is Takeru!

Alan doesn't like being a loser, though.

Takeru thinks Tamura's dream is awesome... Takeru then witnesses the sun rising over the earth; his attention brought to it by Ryouma.

Akari hears he went to space and wants to hear about it! All he can say is "It was super pretty."

Akari is then jealous she couldn't see it. Onari, however, interrupts with "TAKERU-DONO. LOOK AT THIS, PLEASE. (ಠ_ಠ)"

Turns out what he wanted to show Takeru was that the Tamuras started a project (started the [new] project) that was announced in the paper.

"A good team" is mentioned, Onari and Akari begin arguing about who's the better team member. >_>' Or at least who's more important. ^^; Takeru ignores it to read the article, and is distracted by Ryouma commenting that that/a person was interesting... which makes him think about Musashi again; his own Hero... whose voice he only heard once and wants to hear again. (I think it's either "Just wait, Musashi." or "I'll see you again, Musashi." in reference to the aforementioned 'I want to hear him again' feeling. >_>)

NEXT TIME:
Alan wants a word with Makoto.

Musashi and Takeru have a staring contest.

Houdini trolls the shit out of Makoto! (Or at least really pisses him off!)

But most importantly: NECROM EYECON. 8DDD

苦悩!頑固な脱出王!
    kunou! ganko na dasshutsu ou!
    Suffering! The Escape King's Stubbornness!
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Ep 15: Answers Denied! S&M on Flying Motorcycles.

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:13 am

This Episode: Trololololol!
    苦悩!頑固な脱出王!
    kunou! ganko na dasshutsu ou!
    Suffering! The Escape King’s Stubbornness!

We interrupt your every day walk through the city to bring you: GANMA.

While in the park, there is a party for Kanon!

The old lady who served them treats when they were little remembers them and after Onari sidetracks her questions, treats for all! :o Onari's reaction is probably the best... (aside from Kanon and Takeru's jump. ^ o^; )

Oh, Yurusen. XD "Ohohoho! What're these? 8D"

Onari is goofy this episode. > 3> ...while Takeru is again staring deeply into Musashi's Eye(con).

Ah~ someone else is being antisocial at the party as well. (I got distracted from this moment by what sounded like a muffled dog barking in the background. >___>; I believe it was Onari with his mouth overly full.)

"What Eyecon is that?"
"Houdini..."
"8D OH MY GOD, YOU MEAN THE GENIUS ESCAPE ARTIST?! *WHIPS OUT BOOK*"

Houdini Book Entry wrote:伝説の奇術師
ハリー・フーディーニ
densetsu no kijutsushi
HARII・HUUDIINI

Legendary Magician
Harry Houdini

..........DAMNIT TAKERU. (You little Cinnamon Nerd. ♥︎)

"What kind of power?"
"...I wonder."

Hi, Alan! 8D
......did you just... >_> You did. You little shit.
Welp. At least you didn't forgive him. > 3> Jabel says something about going to beat the snot out of Specter and Alan tells him to hold up and listen to his orders. >> 8D To which, of course, Jabel bows with the look of ".........fine, but I don't have to like it. T_T"

Yurusen, did you just tell Takeru to be more like Onari? Or were you just pointing out how silly he's being? >_>;;;;

...........God...DAMNIT, Sennin. XD Yurusen, how did you get your costume on so perfect so quickly? >_>

"Hell, huh?"
"Gramps! Tell me--"
"Absolutely not."
"Nope!"
*SPIDER LANTERN*
"AHHH BRIGHT. ; 3;"
Onari... XD So excited to see Sennin. (Of course, Sennin seems to enjoy Onari’s Fanboying. >> XD)

Takeru holds up his book to Houdini's entry. I believe he's confused as to why they're dressed as oni when that has nothing to do with Houdini. >_>
Houdini Trivia wrote:偉人豆知識 フーディーニ
20世紀最大の奇術師。
脱出マジックが得意で、不可能を可能にし
脱出王と呼ばれた。

ijin mame chishiki - 'huudiini'
20 seiki saidai no kijutsushi.
dasshutsu MAJIKKU ga tokui de, fukanou wo kanou ni shi
dasshutshu ou to yobareta

Hero Info Tidbit - Houdini
The greatest magician of the 20th Century.
His specialty was performing both possible and impossible 'escape magic',
which was one of many reasons he continues to be called the 'Escape King'.

By the way, Akari loves Houdini. > 3>

*POOF* / O_O!?

.....Onari, you are far to excited about dragons... Takeru is skeptical. Akari is confused.

Kanon thanks the old lady for the delicious takoyaki...^ o^ ...I rather like how Makoto could just TELL Alan was walking up. His smile disappeared and he turned; yup, there he is.

"Alan-sama! ^ o^"
"Kanon. I want to have a word with your brother."
"...Stay here."
Yes, that's not foreboding at all. >_> ...AND NEITHER IS THAT TAKOYAKI BANNER. (I just noticed the two octopuses on the banner. Look at that subtlety.)

And that's not a setup for a duel at all. Alan's giving him a last chance... but Makoto wants to live together with Kanon and Takeru in the Human World/as humans.

Haha. You thought I was dead, but I'M BACK TO PLAY.

.....I'm sorry, can I just pause here to say that Makoto looks BEAUTIFUL? It's REALLY DISTRACTING.

(OKAY, TIME IN.)

Okay, so remember how I said that takoyaki banner was foreboding/not subtle at all? >_>;; Well~ I was right. I'm just not sure if we amped up Jabel's power or if Specter just started Jobbing. ....though, I guess, to be fair, Jabel did take on both Specter and Ghost and nearly won last time. >_>;;;
...oh~, well, that's a nice setup, eh?

Note: THE HUMOR OF YOU 'BURYING TUTANKHAMUN' IS NOT LOST ON ME, GUYS.

...Man, I just noticed the singular eye in Jabel's helmet. >_______>

"Oniichan! ; 3;"
".....BUT WE BEAT YOU."
"Is that a joke?"

After using Newton to free him, Makoto yells at Takeru to stay out of this. Jabel then proceeds to rock his shit again, this time knocking him out of transformation. This pisses Takeru off, of course, and brings out Boost.

"Even with your old man's life, you can't defeat me."

Jabel's just pushing everyone's "Taunt" buttons today.

"Jabel! T_T That's enough."

">_> Ah. Looks like we'll have to continue our fun later. Bye! *whoosh!*

I told you guys that this show knew about "bait-n-switch". >_>

Takeru's not a fan. ...and Makoto realizes his shit got more rocked than he thought.

...yes, Takeru, you will find Kanon downtown, being held hostage at a cake shop. I do like how he yells for Yurusen when he starts panicking, though. XD;

I'll be honest, I was kinda waiting for one of these jokes. XD "Iyaa~! Pervert~!" *POOF* "T_T Oh, c'mon, what the hell."

I think it would be fair to feel like Makoto probably hates Ganma Eyecons. >_> I'm sure he was thinking this one was Kanon again; just briefly; given his expression.

Instead, though, it was the ransom note.

Houdini didn't like his button pressed so roughly. It seems he prefers being Dom versus Sub in this relationship.
(Sidenote: Man, the Eyecons are really screaming "Digimentals". >_>; )

"So this is your answer, huh? Fine!"

Meanwhile, Onari is beginning to look like a crazy monk... as he screams about dragons while looking through binoculars and flings a lantern about.

"How's the bike driving?" "Ah! It must be Houdini! I'll help--" "DON'T YOU DARE." Despite being beaten up by his own bike, naw, it's cool. Makoto GOT THIS. >>;

Dramatic leap! ...and~ you missed the seat. But good grab!

I can't with Makoto's faces today. XD; I mean, I know you're serious and this is kind of a dramatic moment, but... I mean... Dude, are you sure you're okay? >____>;;

Time to D-D-D-D-Duel~! Again. With a clear handicap.

Akari thinks Pride is dumb. (Also, I'm sorry, but the helmet cannot be unseen.) "It's not Manly Pride, Akari! I believe in Makoto!" To which Musashi reacts! o:

"Hey. You remember the Moldorm Gundari, right?"

"Ah hell."

"I FOUND THE DRAGON!!! ....Oh, hi, Akari."

"And that's not all, Kids!"

"HOLY SHIT!" // "GUESS WHO'S GETTING A FACE FULL OF BOOST? T_T" // "Guess who's gonna miss?" // "Oh for... really?! Yurusen! Captain Ghost!" // "This is Specter's Episode, kid." *EXPLODE* Poor Yurusen. >_>;

Takeru then has to protect Akari and Onari from Ganma fireballs, while under the rubble pile, Makoto yells at Houdini again that he's not going to give up. "So, c'mon and lend me your power... HOUDINI!"

"My turn to ask you! GUESS WHO'S BACK. T_T" The 'pop!' sound when his mask flipped up was a fantastic topper to the transformation. XD ^^

Takeru sounds quite excited to see Houdini Soul. 8D
    CMのあと、スペクターのフーディーニ魂が大活躍!?
    CM no ato, SUPEKUTAA no HUUDIINI damashii ga daikatsuyaku!
    "After the Commercial Break, the Grand Finale of Specter's Houdini Soul!"

After flying up and rescuing Kanon, he brings her down and tells Takeru that he's leaving his sister to him.

A fried Yurusen shows up and responds to Akari, to which Onari reacts in the most appropriate manner:
...I appreciate that Akari "literally just can't even" here. >_>;

Specter's fight with the "Jabari" (my term for this combo) was pretty awesome, though! o 3o~

Makoto and Takeru are buds again! For realsies! 8D

As Graham noted, he actually has a pretty nice smile. o 3o

"That's it. I'm just going to punch both of them in the dicks. I'm tired of this."

"Now if I could just talk to Musashi..." *YOINK* "O_O TAKERU!?" // "Hey, kid." "o_o omg Musashi!"

When Takeru returns from his chat with Musashi, Onari is so happy he's hysterical... I like how concerned Akari and Takeru are. > 3>; Even better when compared to how it took him a moment to react to Takeru being sucked into the Eyecon. XD;

"I'm sure it was like when you talked to Goemon."
"Ah~... o xo *rabbit ears* pyon pyon~ desu zo! Ahahaha. ^_^;;;;;"

"What're you doing?/What's that...? XD" #TakeruIsAdorable

リュよ、お前の息子はまた一本進んだぞ。
"Ryu... your son is moving forward again." (or, a stretch of definitions led me to...) ["Ryu... Your son is just as free-spirited..."] (but that one feels wrong and I'm sure it's because I'm tired.)

This is the definition of 'Foreshadowing', I'd say.

Eyecons!

NEXT TIME: SHENANIGANS!

完璧!白い仮面ライダー!
    kanpeki! shiroi kamen raidaa!
    Perfect! White Kamen Rider!

Yes, I'm still kinda 'hrm...' on the Rider design, but... Alan~! 8D

DO I NEED TO SAY THAT I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE ALAN BECOME NECROM~!? 8DD MAN, IT FEELS SO SATISFYING ALREADY. ^ o^

Oh, also! The Legendary Rider Souls. (Over-Time subbed the first of the little Net Movies/shorts with them. 83)

BED IS A THING THAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED LIKE THREE HOURS AGO. IT IS HAPPENING NOW. o.<;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:57 pm

.........Man I shouldn't code/post when I'm tired as fuck. I fixed so much in that post and I know I had managed to fix more when I posted it before crawling off to bed for my appointment. >_>;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Episode 16: My Specter! Alan's Jealousy Boils Over!

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:39 am

This Episode: "Do You Wanna Have a Bad Time?"

完璧!白い仮面ライダー!
    kanpeki! shiroi kamen raidaa!
    Perfect! White Kamen Rider!

"I see... so he's (finally) gotten serious, hm?"
(Given this is Necrom's debut ep, I'd say yes, Bro. >_>; )

I like how "serious" is glaring up at all the Ganma flying about like dust. >>

「オレはけじめを付けおとも。」
I'm... not sure if Makoto says that "Now that you're recovered, I've decided I'm going to be the one to strike first." or if he's asking her to 'keep/remember the distinction'. I think Makoto realizes Alan wants to dick punch him... and probably Takeru. >_>;
Both still allow for Kanon's response of "Distinction?/Strike First? ...Don't tell me..."

I... think it's something closer to "drawing battle lines" in terms of making a distinction between friend and foe or reaffirming where he stands (as Specter/as a Rider).

....BECAUSE KAMEN RIDER LAWLOHLAWL. >_>;

Anyway.

It sounds like Onari's might be starting to think about 'Ganma World' and our world... and that their goal might be to bring their world into ours... or something like that.

Which makes Takeru think about what Makoto said; that he and Kanon were stuck in the Ganma World for years.

Akari, howev-- OKAY, BY "ANIME LAW", YOU TWO SHOULD JUST START MAKING OUT ALREADY. OH MY GOD. >_>

Takeru decides they should ask Makoto about Ganma World to see if they can parse out what Jabel meant in their previous fight.

The next day, Makoto and Kanon show up to the temple as Takeru and Akari were heading out. "We should talk," followed by an agreement and a visit to Ryu's grave kind of feels like a setup for a bad conversation. <_<;

I think Makoto is telling Ryu (and by extension, Takeru) that he's decided to fight for their beliefs and Human Future, so he's going to the Ganma World. This surprises Takeru.

In the middle of srs time, Yurusen manages to scare the crap out of Sennin. >_>

"Do you think Makoto'll be okay?"
"What do you mean?"
"The other side's hell, isn't it?"
But Yurusen mentions 'Makoto' and 'Hell'. I am beginning to think "Hell" is "Ganma World" and we're going to learn that. >_> So... like... does this mean Alan is the Prince of Hell? 8D Eh. Maybe a stretch, but it's still a fun thought. > 3>; Given that Takeru's family name and the temple's name are both related to 'Heaven'.

As if to accentuate this, of course, a Ganma Gate opens and...

Ominous figure is ominous. o: Wait, that's looks like the hooded figure that was standing in front of... >_> Hmm...

"I'm going, so I want you to take care of Kanon."
"I'm going with you."
"No you're not."
"Yes I am! Makoto-niichan, you're my best friend. Besides, if anything happened to you, it would make Kanon-chan sad."

Makoto was finally going to talk to Takeru about the Ganma World, BUT A WILD ONARI INTERRUPTS!

謎の浮遊物体現る!!
(nazo no fuyuubutsu tai arawareru!!)
"Mysterious Floating Objects Appeared!!"

......Onari. >_>

Suddenly, they hear moaning, which leads Makoto and Takeru to run towards it. Akari, of course, pulls out Spider-dono and reveals the source!
....that's a lot of Ganma in the alley.

FIGHT TIME!

"What's that?"

METEOR! READY? ...oh wait, sorry, wrong series. Sennin is rather surprised. "It can't be..."
*_* Okay, so... sidenote... I really like his theme. That music is pretty kickass. I keep finding more and more stuff I want the OST for. * 3*

Immediately, he 'resurrects' the Ganma his entrance kinda knocked the hell out, then with slight gestures of his hands, is instantly controlling the entire group. Welp. >_>

"You two get the hell out of here!"
"....WE'RE GONNA LEAVE THIS TO YOU!"

Makoto recognizes Alan's voice. He then proceeds to (well, start to) get Rekt. >_> Right into the Warehouse of Terrible Fights™.

"It's your fault Specter changed... I will not forgive that."
"STOP BEING 'DARK RIDER' JEALOUS, ALAN."
".....wtf."

"He didn't change me. It's because I thought it over. I changed on my own. I want to protect/fight for humanity."
"That's ridiculous."
"YOU'RE RIDICULOUS."
(Actually, he mentions something about Alan and body, to which Alan replies.)
"What are you two on about?"
"I was just saying how (Human) Life has no meaning."
"Life does have meaning!"
Alan then disagrees, with his fist.

Alan then does mention that they intend to merge the worlds, since this one's meaningless and they need/want what the humans have.

Meanwhile in Hell Ganma World. Elder Satan Alan's brother is watching the fight on the Demon Tube Ganma Projector. >_> "Necrom is fighting, hm? Very well. Show me what you can do."
...Oh, there's the hooded figure we saw at the beginning. o 3o~ Hm.

Tut and Boost then charge Alan, and get blocked by Ganma, then get told "What're you gonna do now? You can't beat me."

Ore/Self Soul + Robin Hood looks pretty cool, and I actually rather like the music. XD;

Alan didn't seem to care neither. >____>; Welp.

He then shows off his own Heroic Eyecons: Grimm and Sanzo.

HIS DRIVER SAYS 'YES, SIR' IN ENGLISH. AHAHA. ♥︎
.......so the guess of "Moisten the Eyes" someone made on his Driver sound/announcement translation? Well... he literally pushes a button to plop an eyedrop onto the brace/Eyecon. >_>; Like. Effect-wise. So it was accurate, I'd say! (Also, here's just Necrom's Transient Form. If you wanted to see it better. o 3o; )

"So this is the power of the Heroic Eyecons..."
"He's too strong."
So, time for Boost and Houdini then!

There's so much I could point out... Like how Takeru riding Makoto is only going to make Alan more jealous. >_>;

Or it could amuse him...

"What did he mean by 'Life has no meaning'? Who the hell is he?"
'Those two Eyecons he had... don't tell me that guy...'
And then, in typical Secondary Rider fashion, Makoto refuses to explain shit and flees.
Takeru yells again "WHO THE HELL IS ALAN?!"
Ah, but Kanon is there!
She mentions that Alan-sama was the one who helped them return from Ganma World.
Robin Hood seems curious.

Akari then interrupts with Science. The piece of broken Ganma Eyecon she stole earlier has been analyzed and she wants him to look at it.

They ask Kanon if she remembers anything about when she was (in) an Eyecon, but she doesn't seem to remember much. Akari seems to be somewhere between disappointed and sorry she reminded Kanon about that...

....then notice Onari's missing.

Onari, you have failed at these 'subtle' and 'trailing' things befo-- >_>; Wait, is that a SHERLOCK HOLMES HAT. OH MY GOD.

Alan simmers his own cauldron of hate for Takeru and his 'Life does have meaning!'... but... he then sort of slightly smiles after feeling the wind, looking up to the sun, then hearing a bird chirping nearby.

...Akari is doing Science SO HARD right now... (on the Ganma Eyecon Piece.)
She is then heavily offended by this thing not giving in to Science. >_>;

Takeru reaffirms that he will protect his friends. Again, Robin Hood seems interested!

Makoto, however has gone off to have a chat with Alan.

....but Detective Onari followed him! Maybe the hat made a differen-- OH WAIT THERE HE PANICS. Because he didn't have a signal/service to call Takeru-dono! *flee*

Reaffirmations that Makoto's not going to change his stance on the issue, Makoto realizing it really is pointless to try and talk to Alan... then it's time for Specter VS Necrom Round 2! Which means Necrom's first full transformation. ^_^ Does anyone know the voice on the Necrom Driver? It sounds kinda familiar. X_X I have a sorta guess, but I'm absolutely sure I'd be wrong. The English is perfect. ("STAND BY." / "YES, SIR!" / "LOADING.")

Sennin looks at the monolith, concernedly.

Takeru hurries to where I'm sure Onari said they'd be; or he'd be.

Almost as soon as the fight starts, Alan's green disappears. He summons Ganma minions after noticing... then proceeds to absorb them for his power; returning said green color. In Specter's surprise, he loses his weapon.

DRAMATIC ENTRANCE IS DRAMATIC! Takeru is taking absolutely no shit from Alan. >_>
    CMのあと、仮面ライダーネクロムにゴーストが挑む!
    CM no ato, kamen raidaa NEKUROMU ni GOOSUTO ga idomu!
    "After the Commercial Break, Ghost challenges Kamen Rider Necrom!"
    Alternatively: "When we return, Necrom and Ghost THROW DOWN!" >_>

I'm just going to leave this screen capture right here for all of you while I go try to breathe from laughing hysterically at a dictionary.

Welp. You hurt his friend real bad... who'd just protected him from a charged attack/punch. Boost time. Like Immediate Rider Kick. >_>

Which he shrugs off as nothing. "You can't destroy this body." (Possibly, "You can't beat me, this body holds no meaning."...) He charges his own big attack/finisher, ("DESTROY.") and Takeru chooses Ryouma to try and protect Makoto from the incoming attack.
Takeru's intervention was flashy as hell... but Necrom seems to have hit his time limit; which... is probably a really good thing for Takeru and Makoto...

Kanon is terribly upset by her brother's state...

MEANWHILE IN THE BASEMENT: MOAR SCIENCE SHENANIGANS.
Takeru yells for Sennin, but is told he's being loud by Yurusen... who looks to be either packing or; at least tired of playing oni. >_>;

Yurusen tries to be all dramatic when Takeru asks about Ganma World, (including a fancy 'Adieu~!' in an attempt to leave,) but the elusiveness makes Takeru grab and ask again like someone said 'Galactic Leylines'. "So you do know." "OW, MY EYE."
A Head Bonk later, Takeru's alone again. While wondering how he's supposed to protect the world if he can't seem to protect his friends, Robin Hood glows!

*slurp*

".......Oh man, this filter again... I'm in another Eyecon," Robin Hood then proceeds to speak to him about Justice. I believe he warns him not to let it go too far, but that his desire to protect his friends and his spirit are wonderful.

Purty~!

Necrom's Eyecons added.

Next Episode: "...........what? ........Whut? ...........WUT?! ........Hi, Himiko. OKAY, GO BACK A SECOND. WUT?"

絢爛! 幻の女王!
    kenran! maboroshi no joou!
    Brilliant! Phantom Queen!

Ohh~ Man, the Legendary Souls look so neat. ^^
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:34 am

Well shit, Japan, take my money. I need these.
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

"SHOCKING PINK!" (Not even making that up this time.)

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Ep 17: Takeru Becomes a Magical Rider!

絢爛! 幻の女王!
    kenran! maboroshi no joou!
    Brilliant! Phantom Queen!

I apologize for this being so short. For those unaware, I had a minor surgery, so I had appointments all last week and had another today that didn't really give me a lot of time to do much else. (Hence why a lot of my posts have been made on my phone.) I made sure to try and hit all the Translation Notes, though. This episode was... >_>; ...well, it was weird. I can't describe it any other way. We also watched it immediately after watching the Subs of 15 and 16 so I might've unintentionally zoned a little. ; 3; lol

Anyway...

I will point out that I totally said Alan would just be more jealous after he saw Takeru riding Makoto last week. So... of course, this week, he hijacks Specter via his Necrom Eyecon. That can’t end badly. >_> 8D

.....Where did you get that sweatshirt, Kanon?
(I wonder... >>)

I'm not the only one who thought of Princess Leia first, ...right?

Princess Sennin then gives Takeru his book, open to the Hero Entry for Himiko.
Himiko Book Entry wrote:邪馬台国の女王
卑弥呼
yamataikoku no joou
himiko

Queen of Yamataikoku
Himiko

As Kanon comes down to tell Takeru that Makoto's gone missing from where he was resting, she interrupts Sennin's cosplay. Princess Sennin then hides behind Takeru!
Himiko Trivia wrote:偉人豆知識 卑弥呼
大昔、日本で争いのあった小国を
まとめ、邪馬台国を治めたとされる
伝説の女王

ijin mame chishiki - Himiko
oomukashi, nihon de arasoi no atta jokoku wo
matome, yamataikoku wo asameta to sareru
densetsu no joou

Hero Info Tidbit - Himiko
Yamataikoku was a disputed small country
that existed long ago in Japan, it was governed by
a legendary queen.

Shaking off the souls of the ladies trying to throttle him, Takeru gains and immediately uses the Himiko Soul; which had been possessing the lady that found her way to the Temple then table-danced for Takeru. (...and Onari and Akari... and not so much danced as levitated up there and scared the shit out of poor Takeru. >>)

This then immediately transitions into a commercial break. >_>
    CMのあと、ゴースト ヒミコ魂が大活躍!!
    CM no ato, GOOSUTO HIMIKO damashii ga daikatsuyaku!!
    "After the Commercial Break, the Beautiful Finish of Ghost's Himiko Soul!!"
    Alternatively: "After the Commercial Break, Ghost's Himiko Soul finishes with a flourish!!"

That 'Flourish' isn't a joke, either. >_>;

Next Time, Takeru goes to Ganmaland? He doesn't seem to like it there...
    逆転! 神秘な科学!
    gyakuten! shinpi na kagaku!
    Reversal! Mysterious Science!

I am hoping that the doctor gives an all clear on Wednesday because I'd really like to relax and February is packed full of appointments. ; 3;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:52 pm

I just thought of a question.

Would Makoto be called Specrom or Necter? >_>

Also, I really could have touched on more, like Onari’s sudden feelings of inadequacy that led to Matrix Onari... that then led to him hurting his back doing that. I don’t mind that he feels he doesn’t have a place or isn’t sure what he can do, but it did feel slightly awkward to try and keep Onari as... well... Onari, but try to serious up his character a bit. I dunno. I liked the ep, I just.

Ugh. I really need to go lay down. I hate my body. ;_; Night.
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Ep 18: Oil & Water Both Cook Chicken When Hot.

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:27 am

Ep 18: Hot and Cold Running Water. (No, Graham, not that joke. >_>; )

逆転! 神秘な科学!
    gyakuten! shinpi na kagaku!
    Reversal! Mysterious Science!

Takeru can't find where Newton went. Frustrated, he collapses on the table, where Akari and Onari were having a discussion.

Remembering that Himiko was the reason he'd run away each time, they suggest possibly asking Himiko about it... then proceed to continue discussion; the subject shifting to the differences between Newton and Himiko. >_>;

Takeru is then yoinked into Himiko's Eyecon; where we do not have a female voice for Himiko, but a light male voice instead. >_> I mean... suppose that's fair enough since she was an older lady and not a young girl?

Returning to the Temple, Akari and Onari still discussing things; Himiko by the sounds of it. ("She heard the voice of the gods!") Takeru then remembers Alan/Necrom's comments about Ganma World, to which something strange happens as he disappears in what looked like a Digital Glitch. >_> Clearly something odd is going on! ...especially because Yurusen popped in right where he'd disappeared, just to say hello. Or rather, "Nope! He went to a scary place~!" >_> (In response to Onari's wondering if he went into an Eyecon again.)

Which is to say that clicking his Eyecon three times and saying 'There's no place like Ganma World' thinking hard about Ganma World landed him in the worst best attraction via Digital Glitch!

Meanwhile, Igor is continuing to gather souls in the Human World.

...I think he called Alan's older brother "Adel"... and kind of said something along the lines of "while he recognizes Alan, he's kind of following Adel's orders". >_> Just lookit that smug face.

Igor seems.... fairly confident he doesn't have to care about/listen to Alan. >___>; Alan isn't very cool with that; as one would guess.

"Oh shit! That knife Ganma's murdering people again! D:"
"This is the worst timing! ; A;"
"No! This is the BEST timing! I'mma get REVENGE!"
>_>.....Damnit, Akari.

Now it's time to learn about when Alan first met the Fukami siblings! >_> Apparently, Alan's older sister was escorting them. She tells him these siblings are from the Human World... and he seems intrigued.

...Oh dear.

"You were kind of scary then."
"I'm not scary now?"
"No. Alan-sama, work with my brother."
"I understand... I'll have to find him first."
"Thank you!"
Oh dear... Kanon, don't glomp his arm. >_>;;

Mailman-san found Kanon glomping on Alan's arm... This will probably end up reported badly. >_>

Back at the Temple, Onari reminds Akari that her Proton Pack Ganma Weapon failed to do anything to the ghost Ganma last time. Akari, however, reassures him that she's fixing it to work better this time. >_>

Upon locating Newton hiding on the desk, Onari receives a frantic call from Narita... who then gets stabbed in the Magenta Mist of Doom. >_>

Fortunately, Akari's finished her Sciencing and has a Shiranui Mark II!

Takeru, after noticing that the place he's in seems to have a monolith for a building, wonders why he (possibly this place) is here... then Glitches back out of Ganma World! Reappearing just in time to receive a package and get asked if he's okay. >_> Since he kinda wasn't there a minute ago and now looks like he has PTSD. To which, of course, Takeru replies that he's Fine™.

"Oh, by the way, I think I saw Kanon on a date. >_>"
"....a what? .....Damnit, Kanon."

XDD Alan is absolutely horrified that Kanon eats something that looks like an Eyecon.

(To be quite fair, takoyaki does look like it could pass for fried eyeball. >>)

"Oh this boy's funny. Is he your boyfriend, Kanon-chan?"
"No no no! Nothing like that!"
Alan thinks this is dumb!
....then Alan noticing children playing and couples together...
Alan Ponders.
Alan hurries off, not understanding Feelings.

Takeru arrives! Alan decides to work out his feelings by fighting him with Sanzo!

...........GODDAMNIT, THE ANIMAL SOUNDS. I KNOW THIS IS THE EP THAT WENT WITH MINECRAFT RANGERS' DEBUT. AGH.

Necrom mentions Specter, to which Takeru says something about knowing he (Alan) knew where Makoto'd gone. (I think.)
"You're right. Let me show you."
And hello Necter? Specrom? >_>

Kanon knows something's wrong with Makoto. Takeru's confused, and yells that he thought Alan and Makoto were friends. Alan smirks and response that he's right. They're 'perfect friends'. >_> ...to which Makoto pulls a Necrom Omega Drive-- which is interrupted by Kanon yelling for her brother.

Alan and Specrom escape, leaving Kanon with Takeru... and some PTSD.

Takeru suggests they go home, reassuring Kanon he'll figure out what's going on and help Makoto. BUT SUDDENLY, A WILD YURUSEN APPEARS!

"HEY! LISTEN! A WILD GANMA'S KILLING PEOPLE AGAIN!" "Wild Gan... wait, 'again'!?"

Akari and Onari have found the Magenta Fog of Doom.

........WUT.

Answer: "Double" Ganma Henshin. That's a rather neat hoodie. >_> "KNIFE. LOADING."

When Shiranui MKII fails to hit, Knife Igor goes after Akari... who is then protected by Onari! Inevitably taking the slash for her. D:

Newton flees Onari's sleeve, Knife!Igor then sort of mocks Onari's spirit, mentioning garbage/trash... Oh yes, this'll go over well with Akari.

Oh no! It seems Himiko's magic won't work twice with this opponent!
    CMのあと、水と油の英雄2人が共闘!?
    CM no ato, mizu to abura no eiyuu futari ga kyoutou!?
    "After the Commercial Break, two opposing heroes fight together!?"
(Note this is in in reference to Himiko telling Takeru that she and Newton were 'like water and oil' in the beginning of the episode.)

Akari tells Takeru he'd need Newton's abilities together with Himiko's. Yurusen says that's impossible~! >_> Newton's had enough of being talked about.

He offers to lend his power, Takeru then tells Himiko he's counting on her. OMEGA SHINE~!

Ah, but it might be too early to celebrate... Akari notices that despite the explosion... Igor is still there.

But! Igor out. >_>

Time for training training training Makoto training? Yes, but those Ganma don't seem to be good enough. Alan still grumpy. Makoto also quite grumpy! FIGHT!
What confuses me is why Alan is asking Makoto his name. Did he really only know him as Specter? ...or was this a flashback to before he became Specter? It isn't super clear...

Takeru ends the episode lost in thought.

Eyecons are the same as last episode. I like how you can tell who's the protagonist by his massive Eyecon Collection. >_> lol.

Next Time: Alan's Dad!

Kanon wants her brother back!

Takeru has to try and understand the mind of an Artist, and (re)assure him that Ganma and Humans can be friends!
    爆発! 絵を描く心!
    bakuhatsu! e wo egaku kokoro!
    Explosion! Illustrating the Artist's Heart!
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion