Cuz' Cam said so... Go Go, Dial Force?

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

Cuz' Cam said so... Go Go, Dial Force?

Postby Benjamin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Maybe it's because I'm just tired, cranky, and had my fill of people today that I just thought why the hell not? Here's the "Dial Force" thread (kudos to Justin for the title.) What horrendous way could we dub DU, despite there being a thread for that already, to make Fusion look like a faithful adaption in comparison?
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Re: Cuz' Cam said so... Go Go, Dial Force?

Postby MasterDJ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Hey, Saban started it. I am innocent and am currently demanding reparations for the animated tragedy I saw this morning!

...So at what point does this became SUPER Dial Force? If there's anything Saban likes more than using the word "Force", it's using the word "SUPER" to denote a season partition.

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Postby Crescent » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:16 pm

Yeah I guess at this point since we're past ~20 episodes strung out over a year between Spongebob reruns, we'd be at Super Dial Force >_>;
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:21 pm

No. No. There also has to be Mighty as well if we are sticking with the trend. Like "Mighty Dial Force GO!" Or maybe even "Turbo Dial Force"? Or maybe even worse "Super Mighty Dial MegaForce".

If we are going full Dub, then obviously some characters have to change.
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Postby Benjamin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Sterl-Goldclaw wrote:Or maybe even "Turbo Dial Force"?

And bring up the fans' horrible memories of Power Rangers Turbo? Fuck dat shit.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby MasterDJ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:27 pm

I'll skip over the obvious "any bust size over this letter must go down" and go straight to faction name changes.

Paragon - TEAM DIGIKNIGHTS (MEGAFORCE addition for Season 4)

Crowns - TEAM CROWN

Daedalus Initiative - TEAM ENFORCE

Order of Stability - TEAM DARKSIDE

Sentinel - TEAM SENTINEL

The DigiKnights are obviously the heroes. No way the other factions, sorry, teams, have any good traits, just good people sprinkled about here and there.

Oh, and feel free to have good voice actors on this one. It makes it all the more painful when quality VAs are used for tripe! 8D

MasterDJ

Postby Benjamin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:26 pm

Some to consider is how various characters backstories aren't "Nick-friendly." Case in point with with Jace, though his parents' deaths were an accident, MERCURY's invasive experimentation on him and Zachary's thorough psychological abuse would have to be downplayed or edited out altogether. The fact that Jordan is the product of an extramarital affair is problematic as well. Those are just MY characters.
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby MasterDJ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:33 pm

Jordan was...um..ADOPTED.

..Fuck, there would be a LOT of adoptions in this damn story. >_>; Or very strict edits. I mean hell, Isabella's parents would have to have some things changed because would they really allow her to see her 'rents when her dad was a part of the experimentation that was done on her?

...We might have to edit Alma out entirely. >____>;;;;;

MasterDJ

Postby Crescent » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:45 pm

All of Shuuichou's kids would just be cousins >_> He'd be the lovable family patriarch and nobody's direct father.

Everyone would know that Nana is Divine Crown Lion. And Lion would be just as perky and cheerful as Nana >_>;; ...Minus the voracious sexual appetite, of course. She'd just talk a lot about actual food. And offer to take everyone out for ramen and stuff <_<;
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:50 pm

<___< No idea. Possibly, maybe. Izzy is a weird bag for dubs. Plus she just drink tomato juice and would probably Asher's distant relative from different families from the same branch maybe?

But then Mike is too since he is a damn mercenary that blew up secret labs. Plus He wouldn't be able to use guns either since that is a no, no. And then there is Excalibur. His name will have to be changed because hey! That would mean Plinimon is "King Arthur" which she really isn't since King Arthur wasn't a puss and did a self-exile.

Now for Reimu and Magus... x_________x No ideas come to mind. Maybe Reimu is Soma's distant cousin 10th removed? IDFK.
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Postby MasterDJ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:53 pm

>_>;; Where does that put Ava? She fucking KILLED one of the Lions. And she's in a sexual relationship with an older man. Man that shit would require bringing in the Shadow Realm.

And Darren, I got nothin' for you. I think Reimu is probably the safest in terms of a bad dub but your other characters are well boned. Fuck, they probably wouldn't even keep most of their names.

MasterDJ

Postby Crescent » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:59 pm

Ahahahahaha Cadence you're now 18 btw >_> And/or you're just gaining a lot of weight at the moment.

And let's not single out Ava (well, besides for the stabby-stabby part <_<) when we can talk about all of the Pendragon relationships >_>;

Also the Albert-Ava dynamic becomes full-on overblown G1 Megatron-Starscream <_<
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Benjamin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:12 pm

So if Al does so much as stumble, Ava will declare herself leader of Sentinel?
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Crescent » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:15 pm

Technically she already has in the period before Albert's Return >_>; It would just happen on a more weekly basis
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:47 pm

The prior iteration of this blasphemy

Welcome back to the adventures of Ray, Aggy, and the others! When we left off the question was why to do about the Twins and the answer is cut 'em. Too scary, too creepy, too bald. They are out.

Also Alma? Oh, she's cut like hell. Mostly. The Alma Arc is now about invading Team Enforce's base to deal with Ray's dad. Alma's later appearances if she can't be avoided all get hair recolors and she becomes Casey, a child who knows the Digital World's secret for reasons never explained.

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby MasterDJ » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

But we HAVE a Casey! (Not anymore we don't.) And a Cassie! Technically two of those! Alma strikes me as more of a...Cindy! Or Amy, that's a popular dub anime name! Amy Mori!

Fuck..what do we do about Akurei's arm? >_> Speed boating accident? Slept on it badly? Or do we literally recolor every shot of his arm to be flesh tone?

MasterDJ

Postby Crescent » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:59 pm

It's a piece of armor >_> Real arm's still under there. Edit out scenes without it.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Benjamin » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:00 am

Y'know, traumatizing past aside, Jace would be a fairly easy character to "change" for the dub. You don't need to even change his name since it's American (or Canadian, close enough)... Oh, hell. The Dub will probably make him more stereotypically Canadian with an obsession with poutine and maple syrup. He'd still be his brazen and impulsive self from pre-dub, but tone done his pre-death self-destructive behaviour. Any thoughts on what excuse they could use for him run away from Zachary Valor?

Though you got to wonder how the dub will deal will Aggy and Jace's deaths. Given the "Never Say Die" attitude of American censors, they will probably borrow from the Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm juggernaut and say they briefly became one with the DigiForce(TM).
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby MasterDJ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:22 am

>_>;; But Jedi that become one with the force don't come back. >_>;;;

..Fuck it! It's Saban! He literally killed a Pink Ranger and brought her back with tv magic! That'll work just fine!

Also, make Mr. Valor American cartoon M. Bison evil and you won't even need a proper excuse for him to run away. Trust me. I'm American! 8D

MasterDJ

Postby Benjamin » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:26 am

MasterDJ wrote:Trust me. I'm American! 8D

Saying that makes we Canucks very nervous. >_>;; :P
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Next

Return to General Discussion