SPACE SENTAI IX DUDES

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

SPACE SENTAI IX DUDES

Postby Crescent » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:07 am

Planetary Constellation Theme: ShishiRed, OkamiBlue, KaijikiYellow (swordfish), ChameleonGreen, WashiPink (eagle), OushiBlack (ox), SasoriOrange (scorpion), TenbinGold (Libra), HebitsukaiSIlver (ophiuchus)

Plz plz plz just deliver on the mecha and not let it be an ugly piece of shit with a super crappy gimmick.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Re: SPACE SENTAI IX DUDES (wap)

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:32 am

I like Space. I'm mildly hopeful... I mean, they managed to make Trains work and awesome. It can be done!

Still think this kinda Sentai would've been great with Fourze... >_>; lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Re: SPACE SENTAI IX DUDES

Postby MasterDJ » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:19 pm

Inorite? Gotta love that timing. Still, crossovers can happen over Pacman so....

God, they look like the Starninger Corps, I love it. Please be a return to form!

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:30 pm

I can def get into this more than cubes, and cubes had cute sharkgirl that might still entice me to watch more of it, sometime, maybe. u_u

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby Crescent » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:36 am

Long lineup is long, so you gotta click this link to see the entire thing

Gonna be a total sausage fest >_> On the bright side, female green! So a nice change

This is KyurenOh, made of individual components called Voyagers. Hard to make out at this quality for the time being, but... definitely looks intriguing. If you notice the very bottom of the last pic, it looks like each component can function as an arm or a leg, which is cool.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby MasterDJ » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:48 am

Digging the mecha design, even with the bloody GN Drives at every joint.

That said, I greatly fear the latest combinations. Seems like its destined for Go-Buster grade level of kibble.

MasterDJ

Postby Benjamin » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Should we place bets that this will be the next Super Sentai that Saban adapts after Ninja Steel?

I must note that this iteration of Super Sentai shares a similar constellation theme with my tokusatsu-inspired project. The constellations I use are mostly different (Cancer, Corvus, Phoenix, Pegasus, and Lupus in Book One), but a very interesting coincidence nevertheless.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby tentacleGrape » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:26 am

Ooohhhh...this looks promising. Kind of surprised how unique Bull Black looks compared to the others though, but not hating a single inch of the horns.
"Durian Arms! Mr. Dangerous!"
tentacleGrape
Flamboyant Master of Moe Moe Kyun~!

Postby Crescent » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:15 pm

@'MurricaBen: Go back to Gingaman, Black's Taurus, totes not a bull >_>

@CanadaBen: Welcome to the club, ask Cam >_> Toei/Bandai's been stealing ideas from his head for years.

@Cam: Super gattai's being clusterfuck city are excusable when the base combinations are interesting in their own right. The components being interchangeable as arms or legs already gives Kyuranger far more leeway in this department than crap like Zyuohger.

On that note, please make an aux mech another chest component that allows two robos at once and then proceed to copiously mix and match parts between each u 3u
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby tentacleGrape » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:49 pm

Crescent wrote:@'MurricaBen: Go back to Gingaman, Black's Taurus, totes not a bull >_>

@CanadaBen: Welcome to the club, ask Cam >_> Toei/Bandai's been stealing ideas from his head for years.

@Cam: Super gattai's being clusterfuck city are excusable when the base combinations are interesting in their own right. The components being interchangeable as arms or legs already gives Kyuranger far more leeway in this department than crap like Zyuohger.

On that note, please make an aux mech another chest component that allows two robos at once and then proceed to copiously mix and match parts between each u 3u

He/she/it is the Black ranger/sentai/hero/heroine and has a general Bull theme...
"Durian Arms! Mr. Dangerous!"
tentacleGrape
Flamboyant Master of Moe Moe Kyun~!

Re: SPACE SENTAI IX DUDES (wap)

Postby Crescent » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:45 pm

These costumes are pretty hot. Fresh, with certain retro elements. A dash of Dekaranger along with some hints of various 80s Sentai (that also had various smatterings of space themes to them) like Bioman and Changeman.

Also alien heroes confirmed. Plot is Earth is conquered, nine heroes from across the universe must save it.

Wonder if, unlike Gokaiger, some of them will be more properly alien-y, considering that Black is xbox hueg and Pink has wings.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby MasterDJ » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:38 pm

Those devices floating above them remind me somewhat of the gear Kamen Rider Meteor had in his Rider Gear. I approve of all of this.

Question now though...ok a FEW questions. Are Pink's wings permanent or just for effect? Do we get ALL NINE at once cuz damn, this seems like a lot to slam down first thing. If we actually get a "sixth ranger" we'll be at ten rangers, something we haven't had since Kyoryuger and then Dekaranger before it, but this time everyone gets fully utilized unlike the other two. (DekaGold being movie only and not getting a full scene and KyoryuViolet, Cyan, Gray, the second Silver and I suppose you could count Navy for 11).

MasterDJ

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:24 pm

It's sounded from what (little) else I've seen that we get the usual primary-colored lineup (Red, Blue, Black, Green, Yellow) and then (a presumably slow but steady feed of) new rangers till we hit 10 o 3o/

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Crescent » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Yeah, considering the main robo combination is what Graham mentioned, it's likely the focus will be on them at first. Though, of course, who the hell knows if we're gonna crank the pace down from 11 for a goddamn change and sorta oldschool it by bringing the entire team together a bit more slowly or if they're gonna throw all 9 at us at once (and then probably hit the brakes a bit in reverse).

The first better guess we'll get will likely be when we see the release dates for the other four's mecha. If they're a bit staggered, there's at least some hope that at least they'll be a bit more slowly introduced over the course of the first ~10 episodes. If their release date is right up front with or very shortly after the first five's, then they're gonna rush them all in because there are more mecha/toys to follow.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby MasterDJ » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:45 pm

Then it's the first time I've seen the extras shown off all at once without seeing a toy catalog.

Also forgot about DekaBright and DekaSwan, fuck Dekaranger had a lot of one off shit.

MasterDJ

Postby Crescent » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:44 am

Very brief thoughts on ep 1:

-Rushed, but to be expected of modern Sentai. Would have benefited a lot from saving KyurenOh until next episode, but really can't be helped in this day and age, especially when there's another 4 Kyuranger to still introduce (and another two possibly not very far behind them).

-I have a feeling that I'm gonna like/love all the characters... except for Red/Lucky >_>; He's like the worst aspects of Takaharu crossbred with the worst aspects of Ban

-Curious how much they'll stick to the aliens and alien locales. They're really committed in the first ep, but we'll see how much they see it through. Imaginative locations and then also varying it up a bit, too, in addition to the usual rubber suits etc - some green/blue skin, some little plush puppets, even a droid.

-Icy asteroid debut battle for KyurenOh was a sweet location, and the rocket spam sword slash finisher was cool.

Also Cam, since you prolly missed in chat, we get more MagiYellow/Beet Buster! 8D

He's an in-universe entertainer >_> A clip of a music video is scene briefly in the SPACE DINER at the end of the ep and he's tucked away in the ED.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Return to General Discussion