The Religion of Zelda

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

The Religion of Zelda

Postby MasterDJ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:34 am

So today we have a shortened schedule for Thanksgiving, so I brought my Switch to kill some time. My carrying case is the special edition Sheikah Slate one from the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and I have a lanyard for my ID that is covered in Sheikah symbols, including a medallion deal with the Sheikah eye like on Link's Slate.

My carrying case sort of looks like a bible case. This is where things get funny.

So I take my kids outside since we only have like 16 minutes in the period and nothing is going to get learned and retained in 16 minutes right before a week long break. Two of the girls take notice of the Sheikah stuff and not knowing games asks if it's an Illuminati symbol.

Time to have some fun.

I inform them it's not Illuminati but I won't say what it is, leading them to believe it's religious. They then ask about the Switch case. I say it's my bible. It gets worse. They are now frantically searching online what the symbol means and as neither are smart enough to just take a picture the girls go on their own verbal descriptions, leading them to an article about the Eye of God. Now frantic and wondering if this is withcraft (I AM in Texas, here), I simply raise a hand and say "sa'va sa'va." Those that play BotW, you know where that comes from. They don't, so they think it's a foreign tongue and are now even more frantic. The students that DO know what this is try to correct them, but I have them shush and say really low "they wouldn't understand". This only makes the girls freak out and the boys are now shaking trying to contain their laughter.

They then start screaming, badly might I add, "sa'va" at their phones trying to see if Google will give them answers. Now Google is confused. This scares them further.

They then go to a teacher who knows what's up, and bless his heart he gets in on the joke and tells the girls to respect alternative religious lifestyles, no matter what they might do. Panic in the streets.

One of the boys finally spills the beans, but that's not enough. They just catch "Zelda" and immediately ask if it's something like Scientology. Jigs up because the bell is about to ring so I show that the case has the Switch and the girls nearly fall on their asses in released terror.

It was the best laugh I had all damn day. XD Hope it gives you a chuckle.

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Re: The Religion of Zelda (wap)

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:16 am

XDDD I'm proud of you, Cam. Best brother ever. ♡

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Re: The Religion of Zelda

Postby Crescent » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 pm

I'm always in favor of trolling children >_>

Though this reminds me, I still need to get the DLC u 3u Will prolly just wait until Champions' Ballad
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:01 am

oh my fucking god you absolute madman XD

I love it, this was great, you are great, A++

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:21 pm

That is funny. Props Cam.
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Return to General Discussion