Bahahahaha. Daedalus. Really? XD

General Discussion! Hopefully with 80% less SPAM. X_X;

Bahahahaha. Daedalus. Really? XD

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:31 am

I found this and I started laughing hysterically. XD *point* http://www.vg-network.com/daedalus/

I missed my Zelda games so much I wanted to try and play them on the Mac. So I was looking for more Emulators. The one I have seems to fuck up Majora's Mask. A lot.

I'm thinking I won't be able to play the ROMs as a keyboard really sucks for control... ><

But that's aside from the point. >_> That up there is hilarious.
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Re: Bahahahaha. Daedalus. Really? XD

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:56 am

Gendou: T_T So this is where all our extra budget money went. Goddamnit.

Suzuhana: ^_^; Aw, boss, c'mon, it keeps the techs happy....

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby Crescent » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:45 am

XD

Project64, Jess ^^ Runs great; can even force widescreen Majora's Mask almost flawlessly (some of the transitions/fades are just missing the widescreen edges).

http://i47.tinypic.com/2nu6b0y.jpg - It looks so fine, even Daedalus can be proud of it :3

.........Oh wait, not sure if it works on Mac, though >___>
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Mooncrafter » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:27 pm

... this makes me happy, becuase my brothers sold my copy of Majora's Mask without my permisson

I may be fragile, but I'll not back down
Mooncrafter
Sheriff Corgi of the Doggo Tax

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:56 am

Yeah, on teh Mac, I've found using sixtyforce is about the only one still up and being worked on by the developer(s). It works fine, but I don't know if it's the Emulator or the ROM that's giving me issues on Majora's Mask. *sigh* The video sometimes either stops... or disappears.

And I noticed, like... the Rosa Sisters who pace around the Stock Pot Inn? The textures of their dresses won't load. And the brothers? The cards they're playing late at night are also VERY BRIGHT NEON COLORS filling in for missing textures.

It's really screwed up. But it's crisp/clear quality... when it plays correctly... and I also can't seem to make it resize. X_x; It's set for I think 640x480, which on my 1280x800 Widescreen laptop? Is horribly tiny in comparison. X_X;

But I can't do the Deku/Swamp Temple/Palace as the keyboard is not letting me have enough control over Link not to land in poisonous water if I run... or move fast enough while maintaining control of his ass to get to the next torch with the Deku Stick.

Unless I find cheats.

But I don't like cheating on Zelda. I feel like I'm dishonoring the series.

And we can't do that. None of us here in my head can do that in good faith. >_>; So... Instead we whine about all our Zelda Games being back in PA with the systems and that we can't play them. ;_;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Crescent » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:03 am

Aw ;-; It's more than likely an emulator issue, unfortunately. Not that it's impossible for a ROM to be bad or anything - It could have potentially gotten itself corrupted somewhere, but it's probably an instance of the emulator having difficulty rendering whatever textures, etc. ^^; If you want to be extra-certain, I'd be glad to toss you my Majora's Mask ROM over AIM.

I'd suggest finding yourself a reasonably priced gamepad as a possible solution to your gameplay problems - You can probably get a good one for no more than about $15... But finding one supported on Macs and your emulator has the potential of maybe being... difficult x_X

To sum up the current score for Macs;

Have:
-Style
-Ease of use
-Innovation

Do Not Have:
-Viruses
-Good N64 emulation
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Return to General Discussion