Oekaki Board Open! D-Sketcher ONLINE [Old Sticky]

Things about the Forum Build, the Server, the various things (Oekaki, Wiki, bleh bleh) or just ramblings about stuff that involve the workings of this place.

Oekaki Board Open! D-Sketcher ONLINE [Old Sticky]

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:34 am

Well after reworking mine (on SailorShadow.Com) I asked Cam if it'd be a good idea to install an oekaki on the DNA Tamer.Network here.

Well we have at least 5 people who'd go for it.

D-Sketcher is hereby opened.

You will have to sign up for it and we'll approve you to start drawing. Cam and Graham have signed up and are Super Admins so if I'm not conscious or in the house, you can bug one of them to approve you guys.

Right. Well I suppose I should tell you the URL, hunh. >_>;

http://www.dnatamer.net/oekaki/

Simple. Easy. HAVE FUN. And don't break anything. ^_~
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Re: Oekaki Board Open! D-Sketcher ONLINE

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:19 pm

Right. Now that I'm more conscious and able to type...

1.) Yes, I'm marked as "Owner". Because I do the backend coding in this place. XP I'm the one who makes sure the database is alright and set up right, the pages aren't screwy and the boards are functioning. I installed the board and its database, I can delete it. >_> *revels in power before the characters shoot me down* Besides that, the Owner Account has access to the SQL Information and server... and Cam's already stated he doesn't want to touch it. XP XD

2.) Cam, however, is still GM and Primary Administrator. His word is final. If he says someone shouldn't be allowed to see Adult images, I'll set it as best I can to not allow it. (We should all be mature enough to not have to find a way to prevent you from making the choice...) If he says get rid of someone, I will. If he says to accept someone, I will. If a picture should be deleted, and he tells me to, I will.

As I said, Cam is boss. Despite "Ownership". XP

3.) This is not OekakiPoteto. There's a few issues with that old software. The developer is working on a new Oekaki software; called BlueJot Oekaki; so when that comes out I might update my own site. D-Sketcher, however, is something called "Wacintaki Poteto". Recommended by quite a few people over the old OekakiPoteto.

Wakintaki Poteto - http://www.ninechime.com/products/
OekakiPoteto's Developer - http://www.suteki.nu/

( BlueJot Oekaki Info - http://code.google.com/p/bluejot/ )

4.) With Wacintaki, there's an option to allow "Public Images" Be careful with this option. It does not mean "viewable by the public". What this does is allow others to "touch up" your picture. Hence, "Public". I see the potential fun in this option... however, it if gets abused, I'll turn it off...

So remember, if you draw an image and you want to allow others to add to it or 'touch it up', select "Public" when you submit the image. ^_^

From the Manual, maybe it'll help...
Wacintaki wrote:Public pictures

Public pictures are similar to password protected pictures, although they have no password, thus allowing any registered member to edit them. When edited, a public picture will be posted in a new slot, leaving the original picture unaffected. Frequent use of public images may result in a flood of new posts, so if this feature is enabled in the control panel, tight moderation, and having more than one admin, is recommended.

Public pictures are credited to the original artist automatically. This feature is therefore ideal for a coloring book oekaki, where people are asked to color unfinished lineart, and a large number of similar posts is tolerated.

To view all public pictures on a board, a new sort option for Public Images has been added to the View menu.

5.) If, for some reason, you ever get an error that clicking on "Draw!" won't let you do anything, let me know. If it continues, it may mean I need to re-CHMOD the folders for some reason. If it only happens once in a while.... well it may be a server hiccup, they happen. ^^;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Return to SysOp Station