Should we increase the Posts Per Page?

Things about the Forum Build, the Server, the various things (Oekaki, Wiki, bleh bleh) or just ramblings about stuff that involve the workings of this place.

Should we up the Posts Per Page?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:59 am

Yes
50%
No
13%
Doesn't bother me either way.
38%

Total votes : 8

Should we increase the Posts Per Page?

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:59 am

|EDIT| It seems between "Duncarelol" and "Yes", the posts are going up. 20 seemed to be what was the most accepted, so let's see how that goes.

Thank you guys for answering! <3 I really do appreciate it. ; 3;
----------------------------------
Currently, we display 10 posts per page. I can up this number so more posts appear on the page at a time, but remember that most of us use images in our signatures as well as avatars, so anyone who's posting from their phone, tablet, or Gaming Console might end up lagging a bit. I mean, maybe not cause once one image is loaded, it doesn't reload each time it's displayed on the page. It's called again when you go to the next page, but by then it's in your cache.

I've noticed, especially in threads where a lot of us are involved, the pages tend to pile up quickly and it leads to that feeling of "Well shit, so much has happened, I'm so far behind," that... well yes, I understand that completely, is what I'm saying. >_>;

Anyway~!!

I did this on the Oekaki. It used to be 10 images/posts a page, but I upped that to 25 because we have over 1000 pictures. >_>

If you will note, we have nearly 60k posts here on DU... I think if everyone wanted to, we could up how many posts are displayed per page.

I think this would also help with bigger threads in that, you don't have to go back so many pages to see what everyone said so you can respond... and the threads may feel... I dunno... more... inviting?

2 pages right now is only 20 posts. That's not that much and sometimes it's nearly 10 posts of just setup depending on the depth of the thread. If there are 20 posts, but they're all on one page, noticing that there's not a "Page 2" yet might help feel a little more welcoming to a thread.

Or I can just sit on my thumbs and we keep things as they are. >_> Just asking.

I'll leave this poll up until everyone's voted... OR September 14th. Whichever comes first. >_>;

You can also toss a suggestion for how many per page.

Do you guys want like 20 posts or do we go for broke and have like 40-50 a page?

This would mean things like the beach could still have like 4 pages, but now it's like 160-180 posts in those 4 pages versus 40 posts total.

I REALLY DO WANT AN ANSWER TO THIS, GUYS. ; A;
Last edited by Yoshino Shurensuki on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Answers are in. >_>;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Re: Should we increase the Posts Per Page?

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:12 am

I almost want to say go for like 15? 20 is potentially a good number too. I vote a slight increase, but I will caution against going overboard. 30+ posts a page feels like too much.

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby Benjamin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:32 am

Yar, I say increase it to 15 or 20. Most of the over forums I go to average at about 20 posts per page.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Crescent » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:10 am

idunnolol >_>

s'cool if we bump the amount, but yeah, I wouldn't to anything other than 15-20. Don't want too much since some people post fairly regularly from their phones and whatnot.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:13 am

(I knew you were gonna post that here. <_< HA!)
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Benjamin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:21 am

Fifteen sounds like a decent amount. Granted, I do not much looking back if it is needed.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Mooncrafter » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:22 pm

I always felt like ten was a good number, but I'm not against it being changed either.

I may be fragile, but I'll not back down
Mooncrafter
Sheriff Corgi of the Doggo Tax

Postby Jason the Great » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:18 am

I think 20 could be worth a shot.

You know I suffer from this problem a lot xD So it would be nice to see if this changes anything.
Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Return to SysOp Station