STEP INTO THE GRAND TOUR (GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR)

Archived (Usually Board or Plot-Relevant) Threads are shoved here. Mostly for some semblance of neatness. >_>; Examples include conversations and calls for thread, plot, or Alt. RP ideas that don't need to remain in the main GD, but are still interesting to look back and read.

Re: STEP INTO THE GRAND TOUR (GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR)

Postby Jason the Great » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:10 pm

I was planning to have Frey's parents visit Mirai, but maybe instead one location be near them so they don't have to take the long trip to embarrass Frey. > 3> Lord if I know where in America they live, I never thought that far through. I suppose near Philly for my own convenience.
Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:38 pm

<___< I'm thinking Mike either visiting Moscow or Florida as one of two locations.

Izzy is most defiantly going to Germany. And possibly dragging along her captain.

Other characters... Still working on that.
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:47 pm

There are two locations I can offer as suggestions:

Copenhagen, Denmark
      Since Jace's grandmother, Augusta, hails from the land of LEGO and Hans Christian Andersen, there is potential for him to have chance encounter with her and resolve his mixed feelings about her. She clearly loved him and wanted to protect him, but Zachary's emotional abuse led to alcoholism to the point where she was in no position to protect him from her husband. Jace's decision to run away and his exploits in Mirai and the Digital World could have inspired her to take an extended vacation away from Zachary and return to her roots.

Trondheim, Norway
      Jace's maternal ancestors hail from this city. Perhaps, his maternal grandparents (who immigrated to Canada) moved back there after they bereaved the loss of their daughter and grandson. Again, Zachary being the bastard he is.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Jason the Great » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Bangor, Maine.

Frey's parents live in Bangor, Maine.

Let's do this.

|D
Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:21 am

There's actually a Bangor, PA. >_> (No, seriously.) I learned about it and DuBois when I went to school in Johnstown for a bit before I got sick from my meds I was taking at the time.

Also, yes, it is literally pronounced "Do Boys", not "D'boy" like Idaho. >_>

Adding this to Intercourse, Blue Ball, Bareville, Mount Joy, Bird-in-Hand, and Paradise... some count Lititz, but... really that's the spelling, it's not pronounced how you think at first glance. >_>

....I fucking love Pennsylvania. <3
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Jason the Great » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:41 am

Then move here jerk, near me.
Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:36 pm

If it was that easy.
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Crescent » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Alright, to post some serious thoughts >_>;;;

A lot of suggestions have already been put out so I'll probably just chime in to try and help narrow things down some for when Cam gets net back in a few days o 3o;

So the confirmed locations Cam listed were;
-Beijing, China
-Hawaii
-Kyoto, Japan.

For the sake of proper diversity and based on suggestions, I'd say other locales should include at least something like;
-Somewhere in the US mainland
-Two or three locations in Europe
-Somewhere in Russia
-Somewhere in Africa or the Middle East
-A pair of southern hemisphere locations

I can't at all comment on how many places in each area/etc since I'm not sure roughly how many locations Cam plans on running simultaneously nor how many successive threads/locations are gonna be involved.

As far as the US mainland goes.... no preference from me. There's been like a dozen different suggestions here ^^; I know some of them are sorta because "This character's parents live here!" which I can't argue against since one of my thoughts on London as a location is "Ahahaha, Jasmine's British Secret Agent parents would be a trip >_>". Half the arc can't be eaten up with a metaphorical roadtrip across the entire US, so I doubt we'll make it everywhere though. So guess it may be up to any preferences/ideas from Cam, good idea pitches, and/or any locations that might be relevant to multiple characters/story things.

Europe's received a lot of different suggestions, too, and probably can't hit them all, but the countries are varied and we haven't touched them yet (unlike some previous trips to North America) so I imagine we'll probably get to a couple. As far as "classic" European locations go, London and Paris have both been mentioned, as well as multiple potential locations in both Germany and Italy. It would be nice to get to at least three of these countries, if not somewhere in all four of them. Besides whatever historic locations, we also have quite a many characters from these areas and then the Crowns have a heavy presence here.

Somewhere in Scandanavia could also be a change of pace and I know Ben mentioned both Denmark and Norway. It might be interesting to get Jade briefly away from Mirai to somewhere in Norway, so I'll toss that hat out there in the event that there's some ideas for a thread there.

Russia's also come up a few times and is certainly worldly, whether it's St. Petersburg, Moscow, or somewhere in Siberia.

Jess mentioned a few other locations in Japan, and I certainly wouldn't object to somewhere in addition to Kyoto (particularly since a lot of characters are of some form of Japanese ancestry) if, like with the US situation, the arc structure allows it without having to cut out other international locations.

Sydney or thereabouts should be a shoe-in for a southern hemisphere location. Graham mentioned a few places in Southeast Asia - I'd endorse somewhere there, whether the Phillippines, Thailand, or elsewhere.

Africa offers a few possibilities, whether it's a specific relevant location or just somewhere in the savannah or further north in Egypt or the Sahara. There's then also always a rain forest location or whatever else over in South America, including Brazil if Mirai is overcome with world cup fever (which I have a feeling some of us may after Baron's Soccer Camp next weekend <_<).
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:37 pm

Well, for US locations I will just throw this out here...

Detroit, Michigan... or any rustbelt city, really.
      I originally suggested that we avoid Motor City to Justin in jest, but it would make some sense to pay one of the former industrial centers a visit. It would make sense for machine digimon to appear in an abandoned factory for symbolic reasons, and because large tracts of Detroit proper are abandoned, scarcely anyone would notice their presence.

I suppose Cleveland, Dayton, and Pittsburgh would be viable candidates if we want to go that route. Chicago is another possibility. Or how about Indianapolis for the Indy 500? :P

As one would notice, I am refraining from suggesting Canadian cities because--frankly, we have "been there, done that" with Jace's return in Calgary. Speaking of which, I have people to poke on the subject of "From the Ashes." >_>
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Crescent » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Well, Philadelphia's not quite rust belt, but there are factories/shipyards/etc there, so it could possibly work there since it would then be a location with some added relevance when combined with any of Jason's ideas.

It's also a historical city, could be some Patriot Greymon action too <___<
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:19 pm

'MURICA
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Jason the Great » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:53 am

Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Previous

Return to Archives