STEP INTO THE GRAND TOUR (GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR)

Archived (Usually Board or Plot-Relevant) Threads are shoved here. Mostly for some semblance of neatness. >_>; Examples include conversations and calls for thread, plot, or Alt. RP ideas that don't need to remain in the main GD, but are still interesting to look back and read.

STEP INTO THE GRAND TOUR (GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR)

Postby MasterDJ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:12 am

*is beaten to death for horrible reference to Dragon Ball GT and it's dubbed opening*

X_X Ow.... ANYWAY. This is my last week here in Conroe, TX. Sunday I am moving to my new apartment in Arlington, TX. So as this week I will post where I can and try to get out more drawings when I'm not packing and cleaning, once I'm in my new home we have a new arc to begin! This one emphasizes fun and adventure.

The Grand Tour

Duftmon, scientific chief of the Royal Knights, is working on a new gateway experiment that if successful, will tear open a Digital Gate between the worlds right over the Atlantic Ocean and will allow a full scale invasion of the Real World. Incidentally at the same time, Crown scientist Jetten Kozuki and Daedalus Initiative scientist Kurt Dussander are working on completely unrelated gateway projects to bust through the firewalls around the Royal Knight base. The frequencies created by the three experiments completely destroy the latter two, but cast the former into the Real World in a number of parts strewn across the entire planet. The day is unknowingly saved.

Or at least it was temporarily.

The parts to Duftmon's experiment, still active, begin tearing open randomized Digital Gates within the regions they fall into, causing panic, alarm, and require much cover up. Worse yet, still acting as bridges between dimensions, they start to slowly but surely drag the Digital World towards the Real World. If left alone, the two worlds will crash into one another with catastrophic results. The DJ tasks the human factions with finding the parts and destroying them while he slows the approach between the two worlds.

This is the premise of the arc, and the characters involved are open use. That said, I've put this all here so as to gain help with the locations of the part sites.

Right now confirmed is Beijing, China, Hawaii, and Kyoto, Japan. I would like locations in other countries including Russia, North America, Australia, and Africa if you think of anywhere interesting that won't be impossible due to political bullshit. Remember, this is a FUN arc. No dark tales or political commentary, please.

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Re: STEP INTO THE GRAND TOUR (GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR)

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:22 am

Hrm. o3o Lemme think... Could it be.... NORTH AMERICA!!! Yes. Let's go with North America. But around the great swamps and bayous of Florida! And Russia! Siberia Russia! Or maybe Moscow Russia. >.> WHich ever is preferable.

Might be a good chance to bring in new characters at this point as well. o3o;;
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Postby MasterDJ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:25 am

Let me also add in I will take anything I did NOT mention. France, Central and South Americas, what have you so long as I can find it on a map and it has a solid Wikipedia article, it's game for consideration.

MasterDJ

Postby Crescent » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:56 am

No dark shit? D:<

But this was going to be the perfect time to introduce my evil triplet scientist tamers that are heads of a clandestine evil organization with aspirations of world domination via their shadow control of the Belgium government in order to spread a mind control serum via the worldwide supply of waffles as part of a vast conspiracy to build a death star in the Digital World in order to serve as elaborate political commentary in regards to to the unethical treatment of manatee by Portuguese government fat cats! ;_;
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby MasterDJ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:06 pm

...... Justin I will fucking slap the shit out of you. D8<

MasterDJ

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:18 pm

>_> I like how for Hawaii we just have "Hawaii". Though I assume it's Honolulu, since Hawaii doesn't have that many large cities. XD;

Also before I get out my picket signs and join Justin's protest for the right to triplet Belgian death scientists and the tragic backstories of my upcoming Mexican soccer hopeful twins, I will develop a list of potential locations that we could use. BUT I AM TOTALLY WITH YOU, JUSTIN MY BROTHER. THIS OPPRESSION WILL NOT STAND*.

*: Nor will it sit!

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby Crescent » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:42 pm

Let's not forget the DARK TWIST where the Belgian death triplets set up the Mexican soccer hopefuls to take the fall for a vast communist conspiracy responsible for TAKING OUR JERBS, triggering a stock market panic so they can swoop in and assume control of IHOP in order to set the final stage of Operation Wafflecopter into motion! ;_;

Anyway, yes, I'm assuming that the Hawaii location will be set either;

- Fighting a giant Santa Monster in the ocean just off the coast
- Fighting a giant Kaiju at the Honolulu Airport
- Fighting at a hastily-assembled nature preserve for dinosaur Digimon in the lush valleys of Kauai.

*Also, yes, Cam, I will be critiquing and editing your posts whenever you grossly misrepresent Hawaii/Honolulu based on stupid erroneous pop culture representations of it.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby MasterDJ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:56 pm

>_> Man, FUCK YOU, I will have as many Elvis Presley and Japanese tourists as I motherfucking please!

MasterDJ

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:58 pm

GENTLEMEN, PLEASE! YOU CAN'T FIGHT IN HERE, THIS IS THE WAR ROOM!

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Crescent » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Japanese tourists are fine, there are a ton of those >_> And I technically couldn't really argue with an Elvis impersonator, though I guess that's much, much more a Vegas thing.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby MasterDJ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:09 pm

I'll have you know I learned everything I EVER needed to know about Hawaii from Lilo & Stitch and Blue Hawaii! And SURF NINJAS!

Soma: .... That last one takes place in Los Angeles.

...Shut UP, Soma.

MasterDJ

Postby Jason the Great » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:59 pm

Hawaii is full of beautiful girls in grass skirts and coconut bras handing out necklaces made of flowers.

That is all.

I have no real ideas for locations. Venice? That could be cool. Venice is cool. The Colosseum in Rome? That's in Rome right? I could be fucking retarded.

Imagine Celia and Dagrus teaming up in the fucking Roman Colosseum. That just speaks to me on a special level.

Uhm...I'll think on it more.

I mentioned, but there's things I was hoping to do before the next arc...Like the trial. And events that need to finish still to figure out where characters stand among other characters (Everyone at the hotel, Diva's family thing was too perfect for tapping into certain stuff with Aine).

If we can't do them, we can't do them, I'll just have to work around it. >_> Just saying tho.
Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Postby MasterDJ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:01 pm

We can work to finish those this week. I have net until Saturday.

MasterDJ

Postby Crescent » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Would it top Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris in the Roman Colosseum, though? >_> I think it was officially retired after that.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:15 pm

JDeschain19 wrote:Hawaii is full of beautiful girls in grass skirts and coconut bras handing out necklaces made of flowers.

Hawaii, where you're sure to get lei'd.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:35 pm

I love you, Ben. >_>

*EDIT* Also, for the record, there's a few things I would like to finish and/or figure out before a new arc too, but "fun and light" also feels more appealing to me right now; and this comes from the Proprietor of the Angst Bakery. >_>;
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:08 pm

If there's not a Stitch-type Digimon in the Honolulu thread(s) I may have to make an actual protest. >_>

ANYWAY.

Potential Locations for the World Tour

Seattle, Washington: Look, it's a pretty cool city, goddamnit. >_>; Digital Gates coming out of the Space Needle! A Digimon battle on a ferry! George Takei (he was here for the Gay Pride Parade anyway)! <_< We could also expand it to the greater Pacific Northwest, include places like Oregon and yes, even Tacoma (if we must).

London, England: Jolly old London Town. Fish and curry chips! The Queen! Meet Yairu's parents! >_> Go clubbing in Soho! See how long you can last imitating a British accent before a Brit punches you in the mouth! <_<

Galway/Kilconnell/Other Places in Ireland: And across the Irish Sea, we have Helena's homeland, home of rolling hills, a lot of ancient castles, bogs, ancient stone monuments and rock formations, whiskey and dark beer flowing freely in every pub, and much song and dance.

Potsdam/anywhere in the state of Brandenburg, Germany: BECAUSE SCIENCE. ALL THE SCIENCE. Also Daedalus' Second Branch is here. And we have a surprising amount of German-ethnic Tamers. Dussander himself is a Professor Emeritus of Brandenburg University.

Paris, France: Because Paris holds the key to your heart. And all of Paris plays a part.

Rome, Italy/Vatican City: Because knocking around Rome would just be excellent. Also who doesn't want to meet the Pope? >_> And wreck up St. Peter's Square? ...Shut up, Gabriel. <_<;;;; Also, yes, the Colosseum would be a fantastic visit.

Saint Petersburg, Russia/Moscow, Russia: I'm not sure which would be the good General's hometown. Either one has plenty of Russian-themed fun to be had--midnight clubbing, dazzling/dirty cities, old Soviet-era architecture and historic structures, Russian cuisine, etc. Daedalus might have a branch here. SHAGOHODS.

Somewhere in Colombia: FIVE TONS OF COCAINE

Mogadishu, Somalia: I think I had either Somalia or just across the border in a less-stable part of Kenya as Chuukon's point of origin? x 3x; Could be interesting to go meet her surviving family? Maybe a little bit of an Engima Red reunion? I dunno.

Manila, the Phillippines: Enjoy Filipino culture and their many kinds of odd food! Meet some of Alma and Aiko's surviving family! Jungle adventure full of fascinating wildlife! Durians (oh no)!

Bangkok, Thailand: Alternative destination to the above, possibly. Elephants? <_<;;

There's also a lot of potential ground to cover in Japan. Jess has done more research on that. <_<; And yeah, we need to do a couple things (the fall of the rebel groups and Peter being lost, Sorei finds out her dark secret of fatherhood) to catch up, but I agree with Jess on this one.

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:28 pm

I am definitely hoping for a stop in Australia; wreak some havoc near the Sydney Opera House, go to the Outback, or hang out around the Gold Coast. Hell, let's go to Tasmania and have a devil of a time! *shot* Anything... just as long a platypi and kangaroos are involved.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Crescent » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:50 pm

England and Australia were both mentioned to me in AIM by Cam yesterday, so probably some good likelihood there.

...Jasmine's MI6 parents may prove for a good time XD
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Anyway, Graham and I wanted to reference places that have had story relevance as well, so there's a bit of a pool of choices. o 3o He has some from his end, but here's what I've got. > 3>

....I ALSO LINKED WIKIPEDIA ARTICLES FOR THE SAKE OF CONVENIENCE.

Japan
    Mishima and Shimizu, Japan. (In the Shizuoka Prefecture.)
      Yoshino Hamato; the Yoshino twins' grandfather; has a Temple in Shimizu, where he also lives.
      The Morino siblings are from Mishima. This is also the city that Iwakura Technologies now has a competitive foothold in Japan's market following Yumeno Shuuichou's visit to Japan.
    Sapporo*, Japan. (In the Hokkaido Prefecture.)
      Tsukaana Sourei/Nagisa Sorei grew up here, and her adopted parents still live here.
    Nishihara, Japan. (On the Okinawa Island, in the Okinawa Prefecture.)
      Shirasawa Cypher's grandparents live here, running a small candy shop, and it was where she stayed when she temporarily left Daedalus under Fairchild's regime. (Her parents lived in Okinawa City north of Nishihara more in the middle of the island.)

*I did a bunch of exploring and research about Sapporo, Hokkaido for an attempt at revamping and restarting my SM Fan Fics with Sailor Shadow and the Knights, but eventually decided a different angle was a better way to work on that. However, all that research eventually did find its way into DU in the form of where Sorei's adopted parents live. >_>

North America
    Redondo Beach, CA
      Robyn Markius was born and mostly raised here... when she wasn't hopping along with her father to various countries and cities. >_>;
    Seattle, WA
      Aside from Graham's comments above about the city, the story relevance comes in with Yukihada and his father living there for 3 years due to Tsukasa getting transferred to the University of Washington's Astronomy Department. Yukihada returned to Cyan, but Tsukasa is still working in Seattle.

European Union (List of Countries)
    Brandenburg, Germany. (Officially "Federal Republic of Germany".)
      Where the von Reinhardts are from and their family still lives.
    Paris, France. (Officially "French Republic".)
      Amaga Lydia's family is there and she was originally a European Crown before being transferred to Mirai. The European Crowns HQ is in Paris.

Takes care of my own characters, though Cassandra "Cassie" Silvano, of Shugo's Racing Team, is from Indiana. >_> But anyway.

As for places I vote for in terms of interest:
Japan, of course, but I love Egypt, so Cairo, (or anywhere probably up in the Nile Delta) might be fun. Also I think Athens, Greece could be fun.
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Next

Return to Archives