Good Luck with DU

Archived (Usually Board or Plot-Relevant) Threads are shoved here. Mostly for some semblance of neatness. >_>; Examples include conversations and calls for thread, plot, or Alt. RP ideas that don't need to remain in the main GD, but are still interesting to look back and read.

Good Luck with DU

Postby Jason the Great » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:21 am

I'm sorry to say, I've been thinking about it for a long time, and I've decided to leave DIAL UP. I decided not to discuss this with anyone simply because discussing such things rarely seems to get anywhere other than "just stick around a little longer". I don't want to do that. It's been made clear more than once that what problems I have with the game are not going to be resolved, and so the best course of action is just for me to quit.

The fun I had with the game is long gone, VERY long gone, and has been since turned into obligation, confusion, and the feeling of going through the motions. I've tried making new characters to start fresh, but it hasn't helped at all. I'm too invested in the older characters to give the new ones the attention they deserve.

I've wanted to do this for way too long, but have always chickened out at the last moment for fear of how Graham and the rest will react. Today, however, thinking about it again, I opted to just take the plunge and be done with it. I waste too much thought on the game despite knowing the return I get is abysmal in the end. I'd rather be focused on other projects or DnD.

Do whatever you like with my characters, frankly I don't care.

Graham, Jess, and Justin, I know youve expressed concern over the idea that me quitting the game might result in us no longer being friends. Don't worry, we're not gonna stop being friends over this. We have plenty in common outside of the forum. Please do not message me about this. I've made my issues and problems very clear in the past. I don't feel like uselessly repeating them again.

Good luck with the future of the game.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Re: Good Luck with DU

Postby Jason the Great » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:55 pm

Important Plot Details and Future Arc Plans By Character:

Celia Hart
Lust Madness (Dropped?)
-Originally, the intention for Celia's Lust Digimental reveal was going to involve her using her Moonlight Ecstasy ability in secret throughout one night to effect various characters, resulting in femme versions (or sexier/cuter versions if already female) usually with some kind of kinky twist. Dagrus was a pet dog girl, Suki was a sexy nurse, etc. The reason being that with all the craziness that's happened plus Celia and Riiko's new responsibilities (baby Maureen included), they have had no time to be intimate since like...Before Celia went on her massacre in the Digital World. So her Lust digimental is being activated by Celia's intense longing.
-Sort of had to be dropped due to time constraints cause I couldn't get Gordon on board to actually start it. The longer time stretches, the more unlikely it is Celia and Riiko can't find time to unleash their primal lust on one another. So I moved to plan B.
-The purpose of this little mini-arc was to (in a more comedic way) show Love winning over Lust, and awaken Celia's Lust Digimental in a fun way. The Lust/Love thing has been an inner conflict of Celia's due to her time at the Red Knot and her initial fuzziness on how having a girlfriend actually worked in regards to partners. Hell, if Celia ever got a Love Digimental, those two would clash. My idea for the ending involved Riiko whispering some things into Lust!Celia's ear that even made the Lust Digimental blush (goodness) and made it agree to go dormant and leave Celia alone provided she could keep Celia's lust under control herself. Something I'm sure both would be ok with. >_>

Plan B: Lust Dickishness (Started in 'For the Ladies')
-Instead, Lust is now acting like a buzzing fly in Celia's mind, trying to convince her that she needs to start looking out for her own satisfaction if Riiko isn't able to provide it. Intentionally tapping into Celia's deeper kinks in regards to who Lust chooses to point her in the direction of (For instance, Helena at first because of her small, petite form. Celia IS a lolicon), this was intended to wind up being another Love vs Lust type thing, but one Celia would settle herself.
-The purpose was to tackle the issue a bit more seriously (Celia finally stepping up for herself and refusing to give in to her older self, you could say, something she's never really been able to do before). In the end, she would force the Lust Digimental to submit herself, purely out of her devotion and faith towards Riiko.

Knighthood Tournament (Minor Role)
-Celia was going to appear in this mostly just to be an example of the sort of menial labor she had been getting asked to do by some of the Zonemasters now that she is at their beck and call. Potential for silly antics.

Future/Wedding
-Believing Riiko would prefer her in a gown, that's what she was going to opt to wear. Having no father to walk her down the aisle, she was going to nervously request Dagrus be the one to do it.

Maureen Hart
-Not much to say here other than her powers were intended to be short range teleportation and Kinetic Impact (Impact would take the appearance of orbs of reddish sparking energy that she could manifest around her hands/fists. Collision results in a tremendous burst of kinetic energy capable of notable destruction.). Raising this child would prove to be a massive trial, as I intended her to get these abilities fairly early in her develop. Can you imagine trying to catch a tantruming child who keeps teleporting past walls and/or knocking them down?

Erica Lovejoy
-Little to say here. Lost interest in her and a degree of control over the character itself, it seemed. The DE projection of her Dark Digimental was fun tho. Erica rejects the darkness in her heart, but treats this projection like a sister. Bickering with her and defending her at the same time. Erica absolutely refuses to admit that the real reason she wanted all this power was to feel superior to the people who used to pester and bully her.

Frey Solwulff (Big one here I suppose)
Serial Murders in Cyan (Delayed for a while, probably until post-travel arc thing)
-This was supposed to intro the Grimoires officially and openly. A series of grisly murders happening in back alleys and abandoned buildings where the victims' bodies are horribly twisted as if some giant picked them up and wrung them out like a towel. Sometimes it's just individual body parts, sometimes it's the whole body.
-Frey and Aine are forced to reveal their nightly patrols of Cyan (Which is why they always sleep so late, pointing out that everyone's assumption that they were just lazy worked in their favor)after suffering grievous injuries. Frey had paid a late night visit to the Doc and had his ruined arm repaired, but Aine's arm has been torn off entirely, the data slowly rebuilding itself. (Had a silly scene planned here involving eavesdropping and Frey applying bandages to Aine sounding like they were having very rough, awkward sex. Cause I think of things like that and giggle myself to sleep.)
-They are undoubtedly forced to reveal their true reason for being in Cyan and the nature of the Grimoires. I had been trying to foreshadow this a bit with Frey's insistances that everyone keeps secrets and such, blah blah. This would end in the hunt for a the killer, a disturbed woman with a Grimoire that allows her to mentally twist physical objects, who believed she was defending herself from attackers, only to reveal later that she actually took a sick pleasure in her attacks unknown even to herself. (Blatant reference here)
-Tried to get the initial crime scene investigation set up right after the hospital attack on Celia and the baby, but while I was able to give the full details to Justin, I was unable to get Gordon available. Since I can't imagine Frey leaving Cyan while he knows there's a killer using a grimoire in the city, I had to postpone this til after the travel arc.

Knighthood Tournament
-Frey was going to join on a whim deciding he thought it would be properly heroic to earn the title of knight. Considering the number of superior swordsman characters we have, Digimon and human alike, he would undoubtedly lose (tho not before beating his sister, more on that in Freya's section). This lose would wound his pride a bit, but also bring him a step closer to taking his role and ability more seriously.
-The point of this was to set up a bit of an arc for Frey where he's finally found a goal to work toward over the next year. Finding something he couldn't easily handle and actually putting effort into developing his skill overall was supposed to be a big step on the path to his development.

Alice Relationship?
-This is all Frey's side of things. This is a somewhat complex situation, so I thought I'd detail Frey's side of things best I can, in case this were to be pursued. Frey's initial reaction to Alice was something along the lines of "Whoa, check out the hottie lawyer. Wow, she's kindof a bitch.". However, much like with Kasumi, Frey didn't just assume that was all there was to know. On the contrary, again like Kasumi, he could almost feel something else. This is what initially drew him toward her. She fills him with a range of emotions, from irritated anger to warmhearted caring, though if you asked him how he felt about her, he wouldn't be able to give you a straight answer. Something along the lines of "I want to be there when she needs someone" is more accurate. The way he usually handles beautiful women is why he results in being so flirty, it's when she responds positively that he tends to be taken off guard. I intended a progression where it finally struck Frey that the feeling he had for her was love, despite how much she sometimes got under her skin (Or perhaps because of), but it was mostly playing by ear. He has a tremendous curiosity about the many secrets she seems to have, and is often frustrated by Kasumi's tight-lipped responses to any questions about it. Whether it's true or not, she sometimes gives him the feeling of a Damsel in Distress, which further fuels his intense desire to follow his dream of being a Hero and helping her out, even if she doesn't necessarily need help.

Aine/Chibi Valkyramon
-Despite how much she denies it, part of the point of Frey and Aine is that they are very similar with quite a few ways. There are even times that Aine looks up to Frey, which is why she continues to respectfully refer to him as 'Lord'. Despite her insistence on her chaste, pure ways, she certainly lusts, altho' the feeling is unrequited.

Aine's Backstory Part 2
-It's been so long, I can hardly remember the proper progression. In fact, I may have already completed this step. I believe this dealt with Aine's perspective on the events that lead up to Ophanimon's death and beyond. This is where she reveals that the feather ornaments in her hair are a gift, the feathers themselves coming from Ophanimon. I honestly forget if there was more to this. It seems likely. The intention was for this to be a private thing between her and Diva, showing the amount of trust she's developed for the girl.

Aine's Backstory Part 3
-Aine discovers the location of the Lilithmon who killed Ophanimon, and attempts to wrangle Diva into going on a secret mission with her to scout it out. Uhm...If Diva doesn't go, Bad End I suppose.
-When they find her, Aine charges at the Ultimate in an act that was definately not part of the plan. Lilithmon puts up a defense, but drops it in shock when she sees it's Aine and takes a direct, vital blow from Aine's holy spear (I dunno if this would still work, a child harming an ultimate even by surprise. I think of it from a plot perspective but I've been shown we don't really do that so I dunno). Depending on Diva's actions, different possibilities prevent Aine from continuing the attack and Lilithmon is able to speak. She reveals that Ophanimon was the one who destroyed Aine's hometown and was a follower of Ragnarok the whole time. Lilithmon killed her when she revealed this secret, believing Lilithmon, as a Virus, would jump at the opportunity. She proves these claims by producing Ophanimon's mask, removing the digital wooblies that hid the glowing red eye of Ragnarok carved into the front, the same mask Aine remembers from the attack on her village. Ophanimon was raising Aine to be a hateful, relentless warrior, trying to progress her Digivolutions along the wrong path so she could present the living weapon she created as a gift. Still unable to accept this truth, the ornaments in Aine's hair react, and to Lilithmon's horror, Ophanimon begins rapidly reforming her body around Aine, turning into a wretched Ophanimon-THING that was half monstrosity, half fleshy prison. She reveals that that was still her plan and she kept a part of herself near Aine at all times to ensure she didn't stray of that path. She points out that now that Aine knows, she's simply force the process on her, which will give the same results but with a less stable result. Toothy, worm-like protrusions dig their way into Aine's head and the girl seems to go limp. Lilithmon uses the last of her strength to clash with the Ophanimon-THING to give the only other person present,Diva, and opening to try and save Aine. Entering the fleshy prison, Diva is immediately assaulted by the same worm things,and the intention was that she would fall porey as well,ands wind up in the same mental space as Aine, who is being made to rapidly devolve into a bloodlusting death valkyrie. (Cool imagery of an all black and white plain where blood is the only color, a bright, unrealistic red. Aine appears to have words rapidly flickering on her forehead like carvings, things like "HATE"and "DESTROY" and "CONSUME" etc.). Ideally, Diva saves Aine despitethe tremendous odds against her, Lilithmon forces the Ophanimon-THING to retreat, and the day is saved. Hurrah. Aine and Diva are closer friends than ever. Aine begins the process of accepting the lie her training has been and the horrible way she's treatedeveryone as a result.
-The Ophanimon-THING was intended to later become a partner for one of Graham's characters and a villain for Aine.

Aine's Feelings
-Putting it bluntly, Aine is in love with Diva. The forbidden nature of that love, in her mind, only makes it stronger. But she knows Diva is in love with someone else, and has already accepted that fact. She pushes her strong feelings down best she can and is satisfied just being her friend...Even if she doesn't always admit it. Aine's Path A evolutions (valkyrie of life path) was intended to be opened up when she forgoes the chance to slay one of her enemies to instead protect Diva. The details of the Valkyramon line and the paths of Life Valkyrie and Death Valkyrie aren't something I'm going to detail here cause I'm running out of time.
-I found this unrequited love very interesting to play. She certainly has jealousy toward Diva's boyfriend,and should the opportunity arise, she would have proven exceptionally competitive with him. However, she would never do anything to hurt their relationship.

Freya Solwulff
Knighthood Tournament
-After training with Toitoi for so long in the sword, and probably against Toitoi's recommendation, Freya disguises herself to participate in the tournament to test her skill. She doesn't care whether she winds or loses until she's pitted against Frey,m when she becomes extremely determined to beat him. The two seem evenly skilled until a loose stance results in Freya being suddenly and embarrassingly defeated, not only tumbling to the ground, but also being utterly disarmed,and having her disguise destroyed. Shame fills her and she leaves the tournament an embarrassed mess. However, in the end, she calms down and resolves to continue her training, despite her initial desire to just give up.
-This was to be a very important moment in Freya's development. Losing so badly against her brother's completely unrefined style would have normally completely crushed her confidence, but her accepting her loss and resolving to beat him next time is a huge step forward.

Morana Blade
Assassin Assault (Dropped.)
-This was completely dropped due to my own lack of information utterly shattering the premise, but I'm putting it here just to point out the development that was intended/still needs to happen, at least as I saw it. The fighting with the Assassins was intended to re-awaken Morana's dormant LoE and start the process of returning her memories. In the end, Valdis Impact would have been mortally wounded, and demanded on her deathbed that Morana take her heart and live life to the fullest for the both of them. Morana gets the transplant, giving her a stronger heart than ever before, and for the first time is able to look ahead without the feeling of death looming over her. The arc was intended to end in the hospital, with Morana asking Raiga his feelings on remarrying someday.

Fleur/Blair/Molly/etc
-And anyone else I forgot. Nothing too specific. Just do whatever.

This is what I can think of. Ask me if you have any questions, I suppose.
Jason the Great
Stealer of Pants

Re: Good Luck with DU

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:35 pm

u_u

I'm sorry to see it come to this, man, but if you're not having any fun, you're not having any fun, etc.

I'm gonna miss having you around the place.

I'll hit you up on AIM and such, though. Bro fist bunp.

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Return to Archives