New AU Idea, want opinions

Archived (Usually Board or Plot-Relevant) Threads are shoved here. Mostly for some semblance of neatness. >_>; Examples include conversations and calls for thread, plot, or Alt. RP ideas that don't need to remain in the main GD, but are still interesting to look back and read.

New AU Idea, want opinions

Postby Hunter » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:42 pm

I love superheroes, anyone talking to me would/should know that. all sorts, all flavors

This is the problem. After watching Kick Ass, and catching up on the latest three episodes of my favorite, modern, original audio drama "The Red Panda" (its REALLY good, give it 5 episodes of a chance), I want to do a DU/DDT Superhero-based RP

but.. i feel that I, Cam and ... well, just us two would play it. so I made this thread to see who's interested.
Hunter
BANNED

Re: New AU Idea, want opinions

Postby Crescent » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:04 pm

I'd totally be behind the idea, but just offer the following for consideration;

-An approach that clearly distinguishes things from DU.... which in itself offers a few potential complications XP Since DU already doesn't just have its own vigilantes - but also two pairs of detectives, also somewhat pulp-y in their approach, as well as whatever other influences present in various other tamers/partners. So it would also require more than saying "let's just take it more comic book-y"

-That said, some things comic book-y could be beneficial - maybe take a "serialization" approach or something, effectively only run one thread at a time. If you're thinking it's not going to receive a ton of attention, then purposely make it smaller scale. If the story's going to be tackled one "Issue" at a time, then I think it's more likely to have itself welcomed to attention when you have DU, Pokemon, Soul Reflection, etc etc. Keeping a more focused approach should also make it easier to carve a niche distinct from whatever superhero/vigilante/toku vibes already running as rampant as Hulkamania in DU.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Gah. I don't know. ;_; I think I can officially be qualified as a tsundere for the superhero genre, with a heavy, heavy emphasis on the tsun side. Stupid comic books, it's not like I like you. I'll have to think about it.

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby Benjamin » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:38 am

Uh, considering how I live and breathe comic books and the archetypical American superhero... do I need to answer?
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Hunter » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:47 pm

yes, yes you do lol

any ideas on how I might structure this would help too x_X
Hunter
BANNED

Postby Crescent » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:21 pm

^^; Well, I'll say it again here, in case anyone else has an idea.

Of course, there are certain presentation flairs and stuff that can be done... But the big question is coming up with a concept/system to the game that would make it different enough so that you couldn't just;

-Run the game as if it were a series of DU threads involving Ruby Saber X, Albion, The Rider, Noel & Leesa, etc.

-Distribute a superhero's powers among a DE and digimon partner and throw them into DU.
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Benjamin » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:48 pm

You might want to look at this for reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_ ... aying_game)

I would also try to keep the game to one locale for now. Something like Superman's Metropolis.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Hunter » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:08 pm

thanks man, I needed that link.

yes. I'm pulling an old standard of mine out. Pierce City

that is, if I can get my courage up to believe I can make this up, and run it :flat:; :flat:;
Hunter
BANNED

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Well, I know this thread has been dead for months but I thought I would share this with everybody. On a lark, I decided to experiment with creating a superhero RP of my own. Erik and Cam are aware of this and show interest in it (to my knowledge anyhoo), but I thought I'd dip my toe and the water and see if anything bites.

I present to thee-- The Baldur Universe - the SILVER AGE!

Background Story
The Dummy's Guide to SILVER AGE
Places of Interest
Bio Template. Help Wanted, Apply Within
A Finished Bio, for your benefit.
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Hunter » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:29 pm

well I am most Certainly interested, you know that. and I think Vega would be too, as he was behind my idea I see no reason he wouldn't be behind your better thought out idea

perhaps my mistake was telling everyone about it before having info to show, as you do have info to show
Hunter
BANNED

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:31 pm

...and a lot of free time. :grin:
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Return to Archives