Adding to DU History - Super Hero Style

Archived (Usually Board or Plot-Relevant) Threads are shoved here. Mostly for some semblance of neatness. >_>; Examples include conversations and calls for thread, plot, or Alt. RP ideas that don't need to remain in the main GD, but are still interesting to look back and read.

Adding to DU History - Super Hero Style

Postby Hunter » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Griffin James. Hero and suit actor for the popular children's action show "Nenshou Yuusha Ryukishi Guy"

a short list of fans include: Loki Nagisa, Agito Soma, Ariel/Mantamon, Ringmon, Peter Elric (our resdient Human-living-in-digital world) and of course Bella Rocher/Hoofmon

But... as we learned in Akurei's favorite thread, Groceries are No Longer Safe!, we learn via a cardboard advert that Ryukishi Guy isn't the first "Guy" hero, introducing Valiant Guy and Buster Guy

So, I thought... where did this series come from... what is its history. So I'm making one. Cam, and Graham, love it so far.

in my typical fashion I'm gonna go as deep into it as I want, and probably over-do it... but hey, fleshes out the Universe.
Why here and not in Exec? I want others to see and comment ^^

so, without further ado, it's ... SUPAH HEERO TIME!!

The over-all series that Griffin is the latest star of is "The Mighty Guy Series" which got its start in 1971 with the first Mighty Hero, known as "Mighty Guy".

Mighty Guy was followed by "Mighty Guy: Neo" who was on the air for two seasons. Directorial issues called for a totally new crew though, so instead of a third season, a new crew was hired and the third Mighty Hero, Mighty Guy: Tri hit the hair in 76 after a season of the Mighty Guy series off the air. Tri was also the first Mighty Guy to have multiple forms, three of course, with Normal, Dash and Heavy

(I'll add more and rework the format but right now my head is killing me)

(Edit: I'm a moron. its Mighty Guy, not Might Guy. Mighty Guy series not Mighty Hero series. Moving on)
Hunter
BANNED

Re: Adding to DU History - Super Hero Style

Postby Hunter » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:31 pm

do to the size of what I'm posting I figure a new post would be a good idea.

BEHOLD! A loose timeline chronicle of the Mighty Guys!!
====
1971 – Mighty Guy

1972 – Mighty Guy: Neo

1973 – Mighty Guy: Neo Season 2

1974 – NO MIGHTY GUY SERIES

1975 – Mighty Guy A
(as they skipped a year, 75's Mighty Guy A is seen as a revival or redux, and first of the "Saburo Era"
Mighty Guy franchise. separate but still somewhat connected to the original Mighty Guy and Mighty
Guy: Neo)

1976 – Mighty Guy A Season 2

1977 – Mighty Guy A Season 3

1978 – Mighty Guy Beet (beetle themed Mighty Guy costume)

1979 – Mighty Guy Beet Season 2

1980 – Mighty Guy: Tri
(lovingly known as "Mighty Tri" is the third "Saburo Era" Mighty Guy series and the first to give its
hero multiple forms, three total, to keep with the gimmick. Normal Form, Dash Form, Heavy Form.)

1981 – Mighty Guy: Tri Again (Season 2)

1982 – [Name]

1983 – [Name] Season 2

1984 – [Name]

1985 – [Name] season 2

1986 – [Name]

1987 – [Name] Season 2

1988 – [Name] Season 3

1989 – Giant Fighter Ultra Guy (the first, and so far only, Mighty Guy to have a giant mecha and use it to fight equally giant monsters. Only one season due to production values going to the giant fights)
Villain – High Lord Titan and the Dark Gods

1990 – name

1991 – name, season 2

1992 – name

1993 – name season 2

1994 – Mighty Guy X (Cross) (10th Mighty Guy series in the Saburo Era)

1995 – Mighty Guy XX (double cross, natch)

1996 – [name] (first Mighty Guy of the Yatsude Era)

1997 – [name] season 2

1998 – [name]

1999 – [name] season 2

2000 – [name]

2001 – [name] season 2

2002 – [name]

2003 – [name] season 2

2004 – [name]

2005 - Mighty Guy: ACE (first with multiple Mighty Guys. King, Queen (first canon, non-movie female MG), Jack and Ace)

2006 - Mighty Guy: ACE Second Shuffle (season 2, natch)

2007 – Mighty Guy: ACE Final Hand (third, final season)

2008 – Shadow Warrior Mystic Guy (Villian: The Dark Precepts) (Ally: Shadow Knight)
(Mighty Guy Series from "Dail M/Dramatic Hero" thread from when Agito and Loki are 9.)

2009 – Shadow Warrior Mystic Guy Season 2

2010 – Buster Guy

2011 – Buster Guy Season 2

2012 – Valiant Guy

2013 - Valiant Guy Season 2 (Villian is Black Clover)

2014 - Nenshou Yuusha Ryukishi Guy (20th Mighty Guy Series and 10th of the Yatsude Era)

2015 - Nenshou Yuusha Ryukishi Guy: Season 2 (ally: Mighty Angel)

====
STEP 2: Finish Timeline's open slots. Expand on the shows by adding villains for each Guy or Season... possibly give names to characters
Hunter
BANNED

Return to Archives