My Body Breaks Down at the WORST Times

Because we usually posted something about "BBS" or "Sorry it's been a while", I noticed there were quite a lot. Tossing them all in here so as to decide if we wanna just keep them for posterity or wipe them from the DB. >>

I think this will also include computer explosions because that's a personal thing that also happens to lead to absences and delays. > 3>

My Body Breaks Down at the WORST Times

Postby MasterDJ » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:10 am

SO HI. Remember how I left a notice on AIM stating that Mariah hurt her back? Well she only did that because at the time I was sick. Yes, I was sick. Maybe it was the flu, maybe it was the cold, but I was keeping it at bay with painkillers and multivitamins.

Well she finally forced me to go to the doctor yesterday, which I fought tooth and nail because my insurance this year has been shit thanks to government fuckery (THANKS OBAMA /not sarcasm). The most basic set up my work place, and what EVERY school district has now, is a high deductible that due to my heath trends I have no hope of reaching without a drastic hospital visit that would eat up an entire paycheck.

Well she forced me. They gave me an asthma treatment I haven't had since I was a kid that works wonders even as an adult. Then they checked me for the flu. NO FLU! I wanted to leave.

She forced me to stay and pay for a chest x-ray. My wallet was screaming at her.

I have pneumonia.

...yeah. Had I not listened to her I would have walked out with pneumonia.

It's fun.

No it isn't.

So that explains my vanishing act yesterday. I will be going back for a check up today. Just giving you alla heads up that almost as soon as this vacation started my body started to break the fuck down. >_<

"Anyone can dance with the devil, dear. Are you able to love one?"
MasterDJ
My New Faction NPC Can’t Be This Cute

Re: My Body Breaks Down at the WORST Times

Postby Benjamin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:26 am

I admit that I was concerned when I heard that she fell down the stairs (if a read the notice right.) The last time it happened to someone I knew or was acquainted with, it did not end well. That said, I do not know what to say other than you and Mariah have my sympathies and I hope both of you recover.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:55 am

Dear lord. >________________< Pneumonia! That. Is. Worse. And trust me. What will happen is not gonna be fun. Well, they're not going to open you up, but determining how bad it is they have to 'wash' it out of your lungs. Had it done to myself when I was but a wee lad....

<____< Get that banished from your body now. Like. NOW! Listen to Mariah. She be good for your health and the continuity of a long and eventful life.
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Postby MasterDJ » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:12 am

Well they gave me a mixed cocktail steroid shot to my hip, then gave me three different kinds of tapering antibiotics and a heavy duty inhaler. I am also looking into buying my own nebulizer device.

MasterDJ

Postby Crescent » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:26 am

X________X Get better, dude.

(And while we definitely shouldn't discuss politics, some of the stuff I've been seeing as a result of the new health care law is pretty fucked up. And I'm saying this and maybe the most left-leaning person around here. The existing system was all sorts of broken and definitely needed a change, but the half-assed attempt at compromise we got probably wasn't the solution. It's going to help some people, but failed to address a lot of things, and is now just making shit more expensive for others).
Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:41 am

aaaaaaaaauuuugggghhhh feel better X_X;;;; sorry that's happening, that is awful

(We damn well needed a modern health care system, like, oh, dunno, the rest of the fucking free world has, but instead we have this thing that's a giant compromise and allows for the insurance companies to go "You're making us cover people? WELL THEN I HOPE THEY LIKE NOT HAVING A DIME!" and the government just shrugs and goes "Sounds good!" -_-;

It's better than nothing, the ACA, but it leaves a lot to be desired and this is a huge failing of it.)

I hear music in the air tonight
One familiar fading tune
Something pulls at my infected soul
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa
Corpse Baka Rank: Second Bestie

Postby MasterDJ » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Keep that in mind. A TEACHER. The person that has to educate the children so they can do something with their lives... can't get good medical treatment for a fair price. The government wants us in our classrooms, but will not do SHIT to keep us functioning unless it's part of an on the job injury. My best healthcare to this day comes from when I fell off of a truck and broke my wrist.

And Mariah has it worse. She has MILITARY insurance. That should trump mine hands down! T___T Most places don't fucking accept it. MILITARY INSURANCE. In the UNITED FUCKING STATES OF AMERICA, and TEXAS ON TOP OF ALL THAT. And normally she pays pennies because she has two different insurances, but she's losing one come January because her grandpa is retiring from his job, leaving only the military insurance which should be superior. T_____T WAY TO SUPPORT THE TROOPS.

MasterDJ

Postby Sterl-Goldclaw » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:19 pm

>___________________> Things in this country man. Can't imagine what healthcare will be like in another decade. I bet come 2020, WWIII has already began.
When danger calls, and bad guys are on the loose, it is time to give chase in style!
Click the picture~
Sterl-Goldclaw
Doug Dimmagome of the Dimsdale Dimmadome

Postby Benjamin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:49 pm

Well, since politics crept its way into the thread methinks I do not need to keep my thoughts in parentheses.

Hearing Cam's story gives me an appreciation for the Canadian healthcare system. For all its warts, no one goes broke for being sick. Granted, one of the biggest misconceptions about delivery of healthcare in Canada is that it is a federal responsibility, it is not. The provinces largely fund health services and the federal government uses "transfer payments" so that the poorer provinces (traditionally the chronically-depressed Atlantic provinces) can offer the same level of services.
"I miss the good old days of the Internet when men were men, women were men, and boys were cops."
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:13 pm

The upcoming future is Neil Blomkammp's "Elysium" but with no power armor and more awful misery. - 3-;;; Because if you aren't rich, no one gives a fuck.

Anyway. Feel better, man. >_o;

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Benjamin » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Akurei Nagisa wrote:The upcoming future is Neil Blomkammp's "Elysium" but with no power armor and more awful misery. - 3-;;; Because if you aren't rich, no one gives a fuck.

I do not think the rich will live in lavish space colonies. They will live in walled communities where they will be protected by god, killer bees, dogs that shoot killer bees from their mouths, and malfunctioning Richard Simmons droids that are about to blow!

The future is scary.
Benjamin
Official Calgary Corgi

Postby Akurei Nagisa » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:24 pm

...Dog attacks, deadly bee weapons...

Bees. My God.

One familiar fading tune
I think I remember you
Akurei Nagisa

Postby Crescent » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Crescent
Clock-Resetting Jabroni

Postby Yoshino Shurensuki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:31 am

I feel kinda bad that I was happy I got Dental Coverage back through the state starting January 1st... :x

Still no Vision though... bleh.
Yoshino Shurensuki
Keeper of Bishies
Keeper of Bishies

Return to Hiatus Notifications